Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow! Shaka Smart and Texas blew it at Baylor...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Wow! Shaka Smart and Texas blew it at Baylor...

Feb 27, 2019, 11:26 PM

In OT. Probably took any chance they had at a tourney bid. But won't take one from us...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaka is overrated.

Feb 27, 2019, 11:50 PM

He did well at VCU, but that is a lot easier job than many major college jobs due to some built-in advantages they have. Don't get me wrong, he's a good coach, but he wasn't deserving of the hot commodity he was when Texas hired him.

I don't understand why some Clemson fans still want us to get him. No thank you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Shaka is overrated.

Feb 28, 2019, 6:45 AM

He did well at VCU, but that is a lot easier job than many major college jobs due to some built-in advantages they have. Don't get me wrong, he's a good coach, but he wasn't deserving of the hot commodity he was when Texas hired him.

I don't understand why some Clemson fans still want us to get him. No thank you.

Keep in mind some of those fans wanted will “wire tap” wade.

THIS TigerNet ! Journalist would not mind getting him ...

Mar 1, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Shaka is overrated. ]

He will bring good Karma and Happy Energy to Clemson. Texas is not a good fit for him, here at Clemson, it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about his style appeals to you?

Mar 1, 2019, 3:47 PM

Is it the full court press like we had under Purnell? Or something else?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What are some of the "buit-in advantages" at VCU? Have you been to Richmond? No thank you

Mar 1, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Shaka is overrated. ]

Re: What are some of the "buit-in advantages" at VCU. Have you been to Richmond? No thank you***

Mar 1, 2019, 4:00 PM

The first would be that they spend more $$$ on their BB program than we do. It is their *top* sport... if you ignore the tennis tradition.

Two, they are the southern tip of the NE corridor. That is a major recruiting item, combined with being a mini-DC. They are/were the largest state school in Virginia (swapping with George Mason) when I was in the area.

Richmond is a BB city, the Seigle center is 7,500+ that CONSTANTLY sells out. They AVERAGE above capacity for their games. Without a major sports team in the area, both UofR and VCU put about 14-15K people combined in to the stand for home each game.

RVA is awesome. It is like if someone cleaned up Charleston and put it inland like Columbia, and then gave it the Hustle of Greenville... and then supersized it all.

THIS. VCU is an easier coaching job than many major college

Mar 1, 2019, 6:54 PM

jobs, including Texas and definitely including Clemson.

Besides, from what I understand, neither Shaka Smart nor Will Wade have any interest in ever coaching at Clemson based on the lack of administrative support they witnessed while they were assistants here for Purnell.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic