Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU?

Dec 1, 2019, 2:02 PM

I trust Brent Venables and that’s why I believe Clemson beats LSU. But one has to wonder what Venables plan will be to slow LSU powerhouse offense down. Does he take chances and bring extra pressure. Or does he rush 3 and depend on the secondary to get the stops needed to get LSU off the field? This game will likely be high scoring with Brent Venables getting one or two more stops then LSU does. Could be a shoot out or Clemson defense could surprise the world. My thoughts is somewhere in between. Not a official prediction I’m still thinking on the line of 41-31 Clemson I’m sure I’ll change my score before the game but Brent Venables is the difference. And the reason I think Clemson has the edge. Go Clemson the real Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU?

Dec 1, 2019, 2:31 PM

right now i hope he's game planning for virginia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 1, 2019, 2:47 PM

Game planning for UVA should take about 2 hours. Perkins, Perkins and then Perkins.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you. I thought I had slept through the ACC championship game.***

Dec 1, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU? ]

I second this!***

Dec 1, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU? ]

THIS!***

Dec 1, 2019, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Brent Venables game plan for LSU? ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

personally

Dec 1, 2019, 2:54 PM

id go to that 3 down lineman set we used at the beginning of the season, and blitz with the backers and safeties. idk much about their run game, but their passing game is lethal. can't let receivers get behind you, but at the same time you can't give Burrow all day to throw the ball. we would have to get significant pressure with our d-line

Yes, it all depends on how much pressure we can get

Dec 1, 2019, 5:23 PM

with three lineman and blitzes. We'll either shut them down or get torched.

I vote for "shut them down."

will prob do some what of what we did with bama

Dec 1, 2019, 3:37 PM

last year..they are going to get their yards between the 20s..but lock them down when they get close to the goal line

Dec 1, 2019, 3:51 PM

Just like Bama with Tua.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:28 PM

No need to question his methods. Give that man 3 weeks to prepare for any opponent and I like our chances.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:35 PM

Burrow has the best pocket presence I've ever seen in a college QB. His athleticism isn't great but he senses pressure, moves around and looks around like a seasoned NFL QB.

Only way to control a guy like that who also has great receivers is with a strong push up the middle. Without pressure up the middle, Burrow will escape a rush and buy time.

FYI: The few times it happened, this is how NFL defenses slowed Tom Brady when he was great.

Bottom line: Without a consistent pass rush, our defense will be shredded like everyone else. LSU's passing game is on another level from Alabama's of last year.

Our defense has never seen anything like LSU's offense. It will be on CBV to show LSU something they aren't prepared for.

But has LSU faced a defense like ours?

Dec 1, 2019, 10:52 PM

I’m guessing not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Just like he did against Oklahoma and Alabama

Dec 1, 2019, 5:40 PM

How many points did Baker Mayfields Oklahoma team and Tua's Alabama team score on Clemson in the 2H?

Is the correct answer: 0 & 0?

Yeah, it is. It is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Just like he did against Oklahoma and Alabama

Dec 1, 2019, 5:40 PM

How many points did Baker Mayfields Oklahoma team and Tua's Alabama team score on Clemson in the 2H?

Is the correct answer: 0 & 0?

Yeah, it is. It is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Break out Simmons' cape for that game!***

Dec 1, 2019, 10:44 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic