Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THE POST THAT SHOOK TIGERNET!!! (Deep from the Archives)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

THE POST THAT SHOOK TIGERNET!!! (Deep from the Archives)

Jan 4, 2013, 2:19 PM

For those of you who didn't understand my HappyCat reference AND for those of you who did. God rest his soul.

That's it. Circle the wagons!
happycat® - Nov 7, 2003

When you were just a little baby lying in your crib, your father would look down upon you and he had just one wish: Someday, my son will grow up to be a Tiger fan! Well, look at you now. We just got our arses whipped by a bunch of Deacons! DEACONS!

I dont know about you, but as a Clemson fan, I feel a need to redeem myself in front of my father, my maker, my coach and my school. What this situation calls for is a completely stupid and futile gesture on the part of someone! And we are just the men to do it.

We have never been in a better position as Clemson fans. Ever. Our moment of glory is at hand. And we can show the entire world on intergalactic television that we, the happy chosen few, are The Best Fans In All Of College Sports.

Our coach is under the gun, our fan base is divided as to the best course of action, the television is taking us to task and will introduce tomorrow night.s game as a Gut Check for Clemson and its fans. The setup will be that The Clemson Family is coming apart at the seems and that we can not stand behind our team and its players and coaches.

In a few short weeks or perhaps even days, Bidnessmen at the Athletic Department will take care of Bidness, whatever that Bidness may be. We aint the ones pulling the strings or making the decisions and taking the actions. We gots other Bidness to take care of tomorry night.

If Tommy needs this victory to save his skin, then I say we fans go BALLS OUT to give him this victory.

If this is The Last Bowden Bowl and Tommy is a goner anyway, then let.s just burn down the television tomorrow night and give Tommy and his Daddy a sendoff that announcers will still be blabbering on about years from now.

I say now is not the time for introspection, self-examination, thoughtful reflection and all that type of wide-eyed, sober activity. Now is the time to put on the warpaint, drag the knife across the chest drawing some of our own blood, punch the #### horse in the mouth, break the spear and beat the injuns back into the stone age.

No pressure. No butterflies in the stomach. No worry about what may go wrong.

Screw that.

Now is the time for our fans to get after it like we aint got after it ever before. Now is the time to pull out all stops.

Tomorrow night is going to be cold. It is going to be rainy. We are being set up to be a National Whipping Boy for Daddy on television and the announcers will not be friendly toward us for doing it. There is every good reason in the world for sensible people to stay home. Maybe they will. But not me. Will not some of you maniacs join me in this holy quest? We aren't sensible people anyway, we aren't reasonable, heck, we may not even be sane. But, for a few brief and shining hours tomorry nite, I say we give those folks on intergalactic TV a show in the stands like they aint never seen. We shall fight them on the benches, we shall fight them on the field, we shall fight them on the hill with ever growing confidence and strength. We Clemson fans shall NEVER surrender. And if NCAA football and its television audience should last a thousand years, surely men will look back and say "this was their finest hour".

No matter how the game is going tomorrow, we raise the orange flag, have the trumpeter play .Deguello., ask for no quarter and give none. No matter what happens tomorrow night or the rest of the year, I say we give the folks sitting in their chairs at home something to talk about.

We have rocked Death Valley before. And even in defeat, we have shown ourselves to the The Best Fans In College Football. I say we rock the house tomorrow night like it aint ever been rocked before No matter where we are in the game and what the situation is, give it your all.

Daddy doesn.t expect much fight out of us. Neither does his team. Neither do the television crew or the fans at home.

Tomorrow night, we shock the world.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Tiger Tide?

Jan 4, 2013, 2:20 PM

That was better than Pergola day!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL !!!!

Jan 4, 2013, 2:49 PM

Likely the all time funniest day in TigerNet history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That was a great game! One of my best memories in THE

Jan 4, 2013, 2:22 PM

ONE & ONLY Death Valley!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

other than the fact that my car got stolen 2 days later at

Jan 4, 2013, 2:23 PM

work (& the punk had enough gall to steal it with "Beat FSU!! Go Tigers!!" painted in orange paint across the rear window.

Photobucket

Maybe that's WHY he stole it***

Jan 4, 2013, 2:39 PM

Clemson

hey, the good news was when I got the car back the window

Jan 4, 2013, 4:08 PM

had been cleaned :)

Photobucket

Clemson football would never be the same.

Jan 4, 2013, 2:23 PM

Well, not really. But it's a cool post.

Circle the Wagons!....

Jan 4, 2013, 2:25 PM

what a great post. I remember that week so well. Always enjoyed happycat's postings, he is a T-Net legend.

Re: THE POST THAT SHOOK TIGERNET!!! (Deep from the Archives)

Jan 4, 2013, 2:37 PM

That was my first bowden bowl as a student and man that started a great few weeks of Clemson football. I remember someone giving me Chris Rix cell phone number and we filled his voicemail up ;) .I remember being on the goalpost and pulling it down in the hill EndZone after the game and then taking it across the library bridge and cutting it into pieces for everyone to have an remember. I still have a piece of that post today. Great Memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I think my roommate was one of the ones cutting it up...***

Jan 4, 2013, 4:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he had only 8 posts...and averaged bout 56 pts/post

Jan 4, 2013, 2:41 PM

impressive

wasn't on tigernet then, but that's impressive

He had more than 8 but each was worth 50+ points.***

Jan 4, 2013, 4:05 PM

Ha. That's a classic.***

Jan 4, 2013, 2:45 PM

null

Jan 4, 2013, 2:53 PM

what happened to him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably had a heart attack at the game or

Jan 4, 2013, 3:41 PM

It was Dabo?

pretty sure his new name is Harley***

Jan 4, 2013, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: THE POST THAT SHOOK TIGERNET!!! (Deep from the Archives) ]

Happycat and Harley are two completely different

Jan 4, 2013, 4:21 PM

Tiger gentlemen.

Happycat had tons of posts. He spent a great deal of time in the Lounge. Best poster on Tnet ever. I hate that he decided to leave Tnet.

Harley is my second favorite alltime poster on Tnet. Completely different writing style. Wish he posted more.

The Rev is my third favorite. Great writer.

I believe you're correct and I agree in all points.***

Jan 4, 2013, 4:23 PM

Txs. You've been here since '99

Jan 4, 2013, 4:32 PM

More than just the two of us probably share that opinion.

Re: Happycat and Harley are two completely different

Jan 4, 2013, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Happycat and Harley are two completely different ]

No Quozell sp?
He was a good one too.

That you Q?.....

Jan 4, 2013, 8:09 PM

Always liked his posts. On another Tiger site for quite awhile now.

Re: Happycat and Harley are two completely different

Jan 4, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Happycat and Harley are two completely different ]

you may be right but HE told me he was one and the same.

You've been on Tnet as long as anyone.....

Jan 4, 2013, 8:21 PM

my original "handle" has been here longer than this work "handle". There's a photo of Happycat from either the first or second Tnet gathering (1999?). Never seen a photo of Harley. Others have believed they were one and the same, but their writing styles are quite different. I've conversed with both "back in the day" on Tnet.

You may be right. There are at least three gamecocks on here that have R's and pretend to be Clemson Fans. So nothing is out of the realm of possibilities.

Seems like I recall replying to a post of his some time

Jan 4, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: THE POST THAT SHOOK TIGERNET!!! (Deep from the Archives) ]

later and asking why he'd been so scarce and he said he was waiting for things to calm down. There was an influx of members around 2005-2008. The atmosphere on the board went vitriolic/sophomoric overnight, it seemed, and many of the "olde guard" got crowded out or just didn't want to put up with it. Sometimes "more" doesn't equal "better."

I noticed your registration date, so don't take offense. It's not meant personally.

Jan 4, 2013, 4:01 PM

"God rest his soul?"

Did he die?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yes he passed away around 2005ish I think***

Jan 4, 2013, 4:26 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Dang. I missed that somehow.

Jan 4, 2013, 5:02 PM

News to me--sad news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 4, 2013, 4:03 PM

Ah my Freshman year :)

I remember sitting on the hill watching that great performance.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

We are all grunts in the Army of Happycat...***

Jan 4, 2013, 5:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic