Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THE DEFENSE AGAINST KENT STATE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,247

THE DEFENSE AGAINST KENT STATE

Sep 3, 2017, 12:35 AM

I may be over analyzing things just a bit, but I feel as if we played extremely vanilla defensively against Kent State. Of course, we really didn't get a chance to see the defensive backs in play much at all, due to Kent State running every play. However, I noticed that our Front Seven didn't penetrate the offensive line as they have in recent years. They did a great job at stopping the run at the line of scrimmage for no gain, but very few tackles for loss occurred today. Is it just me, or did the defense play extremely vanilla? I noticed that there were no blitz packages called today, so maybe it was just playing conservatively. Then again, maybe since it was an option style of play Coach V didn't want his guys over pursuing the run, and getting beat on a flea flicker, option, or reverse. I just hope that our defense brings the intensity, chaos, and violence of action that they have since 2012. Anything less is unsatisfactory and unacceptable.

On the other hand, if the offense was playing vanilla then other teams had better look out. On that note, it was a complete game in all phases of the game, just wanted to see more tackles for loss than we had today. I believe there was only 3. Judging by what I saw today, we have the best chance in the ACC for the Conference Championship and a possible berth at the playoffs.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

catch Dabo presser if you have not already...

Sep 3, 2017, 12:39 AM

he kept repeating that they were doing things we didn't expect. Assume we just went vanilla and let our athletes do their thing. That, and we obviously didn't want to show anything in this type of game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: catch Dabo presser if you have not already...

Sep 3, 2017, 2:58 AM

Agreed, didn't want to show anything this game. However, check that presser.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize we play Auburn next week?

Sep 3, 2017, 3:01 AM

So we should show all of our cards against Kent State? U must be a national guard member

It didn't help that Kent was trying imitate Georgia tech....***

Sep 3, 2017, 3:02 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THE DEFENSE AGAINST KENT STATE

Sep 3, 2017, 7:38 AM

When you really look at it, they basically played the same offense as Georgia Tech. You have to read your keys with that style of offense and play your responsibilities seriously or someone is going too be running free. Its boring football but it's more about discipline than just flying up field. And don't forget that auburn is probably going to give us a bunch of awkward looks like those just to run some option play. So I'm glad we saw it now and responded well to it. But hey you have to find something to complain about on film when you blow a team out

Sep 3, 2017, 8:44 AM

From my standpoint, Kent State came for the paycheck and not to get anyone hurt. Glorified scrimmage. Good to see the young kids actually play against someone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

I agree Chesty , they were subdued and that I believe had more to do with what KSU wanted to do offensively than with our guys not getting after it .
Front seven looks really good and the young guys provided a lot of the work after Q1, so next Saturday we'll get to see how the herd looks against top flite offensive weaponry.

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We always play vanilla against a trash team, especially the

Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

week before a BIG game.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,247
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic