Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how many Elephants are going to be murdered now that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,409

So how many Elephants are going to be murdered now that

Nov 18, 2017, 12:10 AM

Trump is allowing his sons and anyone else to bring home elephant body parts for wall trophies? And how long before there are no elephants left?

I mean wow. They're certainly not going to eat them. They simply want a wall trophy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any AMerican that wants to kill an elephant deserves to die

Nov 18, 2017, 7:14 AM

in my opinion.

Re: Any AMerican that wants to kill an elephant deserves to die

Nov 19, 2017, 7:37 PM

The elephant or the Murican

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murican******

Nov 20, 2017, 3:28 PM

That's why Hemingway shot himself.***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:20 AM [ in reply to Any AMerican that wants to kill an elephant deserves to die ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looky here mane...There are plenty of elephants in

Nov 18, 2017, 7:27 AM

Cootlumbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I just saw there's a hold on it, but in general, I agree.

Nov 18, 2017, 7:49 AM

Big game trophies and hunting in general is not desirable in a perfect world. The argument is that allowing such hunting ultimately protects the species due to the revenue brought in that is then put back into conservation.

Don't know if I buy that argument, but I also know we do not live in a perfect world.

I do know big game hunting reveals something about the psyche and character of those who engage in such. So for all the arguments that Trump has raised good kids, this is a point that would go against that view.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just saw there's a hold on it, but in general, I agree.

Nov 19, 2017, 2:49 PM

I don't think I buy that argument either.

To save elephants we have to kill them. Reminds me of an interview with an Army Colonel during the Vietnam War right after the Tet Offensive..."In order to save that village we had to destroy it."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never been a big hunter. I shot a bunch of squirrels

Nov 18, 2017, 8:15 AM

and a few rabbits when I was a young'un, and I've been turkey hunting a few times. I have good friends who are avid hunters, and I understand the arguments for it (keeping the deer population manageable). I do not oppose hunting in general, and I completely understand killing animals for nutrition and survival. I love a good steak as much as anybody. Personally, however, as I've grown older, I get no pleasure whatsoever in killing any animal, and I just don't understand those who do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Guess I shouldn't tell you I'm going to Arkansas

Nov 18, 2017, 12:18 PM

in a couple of weeks to deer hunt. Looking for that trophy buck too... and btw, the meat is always eaten. Even those elephants. Whether it be the guides who pack it out for family/friends or the scavengers that have to eat too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Guess I shouldn't tell you I'm going to Arkansas

Nov 18, 2017, 12:32 PM

I've got camera shots of 20+ deer (and the occasional bear) crossing my property.

I have no issue with deer hunting, i don't hunt but my wife does.

I'm the fisherman in this house lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess I shouldn't tell you I'm going to Arkansas

Nov 19, 2017, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Guess I shouldn't tell you I'm going to Arkansas ]

They ate the meat of Passenger Pigeons as well.

There just aren't that many elephants left.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reagan quote?***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:23 AM [ in reply to Guess I shouldn't tell you I'm going to Arkansas ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably the same number as sleeping bears

Nov 18, 2017, 12:47 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-hibernating-bears-legal-repeal-obama-ban-hunting-alaska-ronald-young-environmental-a7673686.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really, is that all you got for today's hate spew?

Nov 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

Tiredoffbeatinoff?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

7***

Nov 20, 2017, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THAT'S how you answer a question, people.***

Nov 20, 2017, 4:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic