Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson shows a fighter's mentality, wins a street fight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,727

Front Page Story: Clemson shows a fighter's mentality, wins a street fight

Oct 13, 2013, 12:51 PM

Clemson shows a fighter's mentality, wins a street fight

It wasn't pretty and it was never easy, but Clemson's offense showed they have the ability to fight back under adverse circumstances in defeating Boston College Saturday afternoon in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The resilience when everything is out of sync

Oct 13, 2013, 1:12 PM

and the physical toughness to back it up - those are the differences with this team. We've had great talent, but the mental and physical toughness to go a full season, that's what separates good from great.

Admittedly, I only saw a portion of the 3Q

Oct 13, 2013, 9:54 PM

and all of the 4Q but this was pathetic offensive football. The OL was man-handled and badly; they have gotten worse instead of better since the UGA game. Boyd threw almost every pass I saw off his back foot; Secklinger may be the worst blocking TE I have ever seen; thank goodness he can catch. I am hoping we looked a LOT better in the first half.

The defense won this game hands down. If we had good Safety play, this defense would be as good as any we have had here in 20+ years. Even so, it is a very, very good front seven and the CB's are MUCH improved this year.

We will have to play better offensively and hope our Safeties play above normal this weekend - fortunately, they seem to play well against top-tier competition. I would love to give FSU a beat-down of epic proportions; their fanbase is insane and clueless and irritating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Admittedly, I only saw a portion of the 3Q

Oct 13, 2013, 10:09 PM

well we will have blanks back so that should help.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoping the next fight back from adversity

Oct 13, 2013, 1:58 PM

Isn't of our own making. The 1Q this week will tell us all we need to know.

THAT is the ####### story. Thank you.

Oct 13, 2013, 2:10 PM

Everyone wants to talk about mistakes and what went wrong, but EVERYTHING that went wrong is correctable. The story nobody is telling is that we've had two sloppy, unfocused games already this year, one at home and one on the road and we WON BOTH OF THEM. By 10+.

The defense is miles ahead of last year's. Already you can see Venables' impact on the linebackers. This isn't an flashy offense with nothing behind it, this is an elite football *team*.

Remember how we were always "just around the corner?"

We're around the corner now. Enjoy it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic