Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TDP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TDP

Mar 16, 2015, 11:58 AM

How bad of a AD was TDP looking back with basketball and baseball in the crapper.Along with the Bowden buyout and all the money dropped on Littlejohn several years ago and after fire. With the Brownwell/womens basketball hire and Jacklegs free reign not to make any changes doesn't a good deal of the current state of affairs regarding Clemson sports fall on him..Aside from football is this the worst our athletic program has ever looked??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he abandoned every other program at Clemson besided fb.***

Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TDP

Mar 16, 2015, 2:03 PM

Fair points. Baseball is the one that bothers me the most even though I like Jack. It must be fixed now! BB is a long term fix right now with bad facilities and a football first reputation.

Mar 16, 2015, 2:17 PM

very well might be the worst in Tiger history!! BUT, BUT, BUT,, the TB thing is 100% on barker!! he is the worst!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 2:19 PM

Well baseball was on a slow downfall under TDP but was still considered good and competed most of the time. Under DRAD is when both basketball and baseball have really been sunk. I think DRAD is really just carrying on what TDP started. I also think that everything they are doing is probably what the BOT is in favor of. What I mean is that football brings the money and fame. Both of those are things that the BOT as business-minded people will put more effort in.

I do not know where blame goes, a big YES to last ?.***

Mar 16, 2015, 2:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 2:25 PM

While I am no TDP fan he did have the kahoonas to hire Dabo. For that i am very thankful. Don't know of many ADs that would make a move on their WR coach with no OC experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2015, 2:31 PM

I have sat in that section before... not too bad.

He got football going again at a football school

Mar 16, 2015, 6:35 PM

That's enough for me. I'd love to win national championships in each sport, but I'm not losing too much sleep over what our other teams do. I want championships in the sport that matters most.

Re: He got football going again at a football school

Mar 17, 2015, 9:06 AM

> That's enough for me. I'd love to win national
> championships in each sport, but I'm not losing too
> much sleep over what our other teams do. I want
> championships in the sport that matters most.

Hits: Dabo, West Endzone, OP, track hires
Misses: All 3 women's hoops hires, Brownell, not making hoops more of a priority when OP was here, Bowden's extension

I'm really not sold on DRad so far. Mainly because of that ridiculously dumb extension and buyout he gave Brownell after making the final 4 of the freaking NIT.

While I wasn't a big TDP fan....

Mar 17, 2015, 9:19 AM

your can't blame the Bowden contract extension debacle on him. That one rests squarely with Dr. Barker. In fact, TDP recommendation was to call Bowden's bluff about the Arkansas opening but Dr. Barker didn't agree and effectively forced TDP to make the deal.

With respect to wimmins basketball, this hire was such a low priority for TDP, he didn't even bother to handle it himself. He actually assigned the task to two of his female subbordinates. He simply approved their recommendation. Although in fairness, DRad's recent hire for wimmins basketbal was no better than the two that were hired under TDP's watch and in two or three more years we'll probably be looking for our fourth wimmins basketball coach in the past twelve years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic