Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in latest Playoff rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,193

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in latest Playoff rankings

Dec 1, 2020, 7:15 PM

Clemson ranked No. 3 in latest Playoff rankings

Clemson impressed in its return to action over the weekend against Pittsburgh and held strong in the latest College Football Playoff rankings. Dabo Swinney’s Ti Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 3 in latest Playoff rankings

Dec 1, 2020, 7:21 PM

Taking in the whole season I wish we all could have a team that doesn't play as good as Ohio State doesn't. They're so good at not playing they should just quit right now and be declared the GOAT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want Tigers to beat the fugs out of ND and out of contention

Dec 1, 2020, 9:29 PM

A massive win is what Clemson need.
How about a 24 pt or > blowout and ND is totally out and we get ranked #1 post-ACCC.
This is very much a possibility. Dabo likes to shop his Gandhi image... but he may show his Mike Tyson competitive side :) I want Dabo and TL16 to be bad boys !!
You never know....

Dec 1, 2020, 7:35 PM

These "metrics" have some es-plainin to do.

ESPN SP+ #3 Ohio State

ESPN’s Football Power # 2 Ohio State.

The FEI ratings # 2 Ohio State

They have played ONE good team, and won by 7 at home. So glad we have the CFP.

ohio state at four is a joke***

Dec 1, 2020, 7:52 PM

As in past years, these latest Playoff rankings don't mean

Dec 1, 2020, 7:53 PM

a whole lot. The Committee could (any probably will) pull a last week surprise and lock out the Bucknuts if they don't play any more games. Just ask TCU or Baylor if being in / near the Top 4 on the next to last weekend's rankings means anything. They were ranked 4 and 5 going into the last weekend in the first year of the CFP, then they BOTH got jumped by, guess who? Ohio State. So, turnabout could definitely be fair play this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCU was actually #3, beat Iowa St. 55-3, and dropped to #6.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:14 PM

They were caught in the crossfire as the CFP Selection Committee wanted to slap the Big 12 for not having a championship game, regardless of whatever chit the committee said prior about criteria and picking "the best four."

As they've demonstrated every year, they're making it up as they go along. This year it's totally gonna be the completely subjective and meaningless "Eye Test" which always favors the large fan base historical blue bloods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clemson now benefits from eye test and branding too

Dec 1, 2020, 8:29 PM

We've reached that point where everyone just assumes we are really good until proven otherwise.

I agree to some extent. However, there are still enough

Dec 1, 2020, 8:40 PM

Talking Heads out there that view us as a red haired stepchild. It would only take one beatdown like the West Virginia Orange Bowl to undo years worth of good. It is only due to past credit (and the fact that they are so bad this year) that more talk about LSU beating us down last year isn't being factored into their discussions about this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure i agree with that. I heard a lot of talking heads

Dec 3, 2020, 8:59 AM

citing the 17 point win over Clemson as evidence to why LSU was perhaps the greatest team of all time. I think almost everyone viewed that win as a positive for LSU much, much more than a negative for Clemson.

Dec 1, 2020, 8:55 PM

So the more games you play, the more the committee can screw you over...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 9:14 PM

I've watched every Indiana game as well as Northwestern. Neither team deserve to sniff the top 15. Top 25, maybe. Wisky, who knows, only played 3 games and looked pathetic against NW.

Maryland was missing 23 players, had 3 redzone int's and still only lost 16 points. Indiana 84 yards passing. Committee is really stretching to say Indiana was a quality win. B1g is down this year, and if we're rating teams because they have "offensive firepower" then you have to put Cincy up there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 8:27 AM

This is B.S.The coots not being in the top 4 that is.
We need them here so we can play them in the post season.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:22 PM

FLASH NEWS......I give you the final selection committee ranking.....YOU saw it first, right here.....ALA.....CLEMSON......OHIO STATE.....N.D....they will never drop Ohio State
unless they lose.....&.....a game between Clemson vs N.D. won't sell... "but a game between
Ala will beat N.D. and Clemson will beat Ohio State and Clemson will be a barn burner, of course I pick the orange...at L V, you can lay 1 to 5!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic