Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We WILL play OU or Stanford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

We WILL play OU or Stanford

Dec 3, 2015, 9:30 AM

We win and we are #1. Period. IDC if Bama scores 200 on Florida and we only beat UNC 2-0. Bama will obviously remain at 2. Big Ten winner moves into 3rd. OU either drops to #4 or drops out all together as they sit at home while other teams play for conference championships. I hope Stanford jumps them to force the Big 12 to play a championship game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stanford is not jumping OK, what are you smoking?***

Dec 3, 2015, 9:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and OSU wouldnt jump TCU or Baylor

Dec 3, 2015, 9:45 AM

Oh, wait....

TCU, Baylor & OSU all had 1 loss. A 2 Loss Stanford is not

Dec 3, 2015, 10:24 AM

jumping a 1 loss OU.

It's possible Stanford jumps them but I think Oklahoma is in***

Dec 3, 2015, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OU a lock***

Dec 3, 2015, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I simply cannot imagine

Dec 3, 2015, 9:38 AM

Stanford jumping OK. A 2 loss Cardnial team does not jump a 1 loss Sooner squad with similar resumes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stanford would have 13 games to OUs 12

Dec 3, 2015, 9:47 AM

That conf championship game is huge to the committee, ask TCU and Baylor

Re: Stanford would have 13 games to OUs 12

Dec 3, 2015, 9:49 AM

Those 2 losses are also huge to the committee, OSU only had 1 loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 legit losses, OU lost to Texas

Dec 3, 2015, 9:56 AM

bout to be 4-8 Texas. If they would drop us, an undefeated team in favor of a 1 loss team, for barely beating dumpster fire usuck... you better believe they will drop OU for LOSING to a dumpster fire Texas.

It's not happening. Stanford played 3 games against 9+

Dec 3, 2015, 12:23 PM

win teams and lost 2 of them. Oklahoma is 3-0 against 10+ win teams. Beating USC a second time (who would be 8-5) isn't going to vault them ahead of OU.

Re: We WILL play OU or Stanford

Dec 3, 2015, 10:16 AM

OU is a lock no matter what happens Saturday. One could argue they are the hottest team right now. I think 5 wins over top 25 teams this year??? Clemson and Alabama win then it will be Clemson #1, Bama #2, OU #3 and winner of big ten #4. period.

No way OU holds at 3 while sitting at home

Dec 3, 2015, 10:28 AM

I may be wrong but didn't they play Baylor and TCU without their Top QBs?

Dec 3, 2015, 10:19 AM

You are correct. If for no other reason, the winner of the Iowa vs Michigan State game will jump OK because they will have a better win than OK and OK is sitting at home not playing anyone. That will set up a Clemson vs OK rematch.

Bama and the winner of Iowa and Michigan State.

Thats the way I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring em on.. Beat UNC, and I don't care who is up next.***

Dec 3, 2015, 10:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It doesn't matter who we play.

Dec 3, 2015, 10:30 AM

It doesn't matter who we play, it really doesn't matter. Personally, I'd rather have Bama last for one and only one reason, well four reason if you're all in with math.

Bama will take only a few days for which to prepare. They run the ball, then when they need to pass they run the ball again. Reason sub-one is that they will beat us up a little being that they are the best at the lines.

The second but most important reason I'd rather have Bama last is who we'd play first. With two weeks prep for the first game OU, Stanford, MSU or Iowa would merit more prep time. Reason sub-two is that Bama, who I doubt can beat any of those teams, will have less time to prepare for us, not that it really matters.

Let Bama whack somebody else at the LOS while we save something for the tough game. That's five reasons. None of them are related to ego or emotion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If committee follows last years ######, OU will stay #3,

Dec 3, 2015, 11:19 AM

since they "looked impressive recently". I don't think the committee is that enamored with Iowa or Michigan State, so winner of that is #4. We should be #1, but I would not be surprised at all if we drop to #2 so that committee sets up their possible OU / Bama championship game. (I personally believe it will be Clemson / Bama championship game if they do that, and THAT is what I want, no matter what! Down with the SEC hype again! Chaos, cats and dogs living together type stuff!)

LOL, scr!pt is a banned woid.

Dec 3, 2015, 11:20 AM

nm

Dec 3, 2015, 11:33 AM

If we win against #10 and Bama beats #18. What about that would sway the committee to jump Bama over us? So we both win and its Clemson 1 Bama 2. As it pertains to #3 and #4, if Iowa beats Michigan St it will be OU 3 and Iowa 4. If Michigan St beats Iowa I believe they jump Oklahoma since they would have wins over Michigan, Ohio St, and Iowa. Iowa would only have wins over Michigan St and Northwestern. OAN: I dont think anyone really wants to play Oklahoma in Dallas. They definitely would have a ton of fans there.

Michigan State in Orange bowl?***

Dec 3, 2015, 11:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan State in Orange bowl?***

Dec 3, 2015, 12:01 PM

Everything go as planned it will be:

1. Clemson vs 4. Michigan St. - Orange Bowel

2. Alabama vs. 3. Oklahoma.

Stop smoking the green that is what will happen. It's how we set up this week going into Sunday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2015, 12:13 PM

You may be right but I think it is possible the Bama jumps to #1.

Dec 3, 2015, 12:19 PM

Oklahoma is a fixture at #3. If Clemson & Alabama hold serve, The Big-10 winner will be #4, and that's who we will play in the Orange Bowl. Bama and Oklahoma will slug it out to see who plays us in the NCG.

It's possible you could make a case for Mich St over OU

Dec 3, 2015, 12:31 PM

If they beat Iowa they will have wins over Iowa, Ohio St, Michigan, and Oregon with two of those on the road.

Maybe Iowa too, but i don't really know how to compare them. Mich St would be, by FAR, their best win.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic