Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TCI's "sources"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TCI's "sources"

Jan 14, 2014, 5:48 PM

Considering their "reporting" is getting more and more ridiculous, I've decided to shed some light on their "sources".

ESPN:

ESPN Contributer's Twitter Feeds:

Other Clemson Sites:

Cookie Monster:

Count Chocula:

The Ghost That Never Lies:

Tyrone Biggums:

Hamburger *With* Cheese aka "Cheeseburger":

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jan 14, 2014, 5:56 PM

TCI tries to stay ahead, most other Clemson outlets simply repost what we already know.

They will miss some stories, not a big deal for me.

If they continually 'lied' in attempt to create news, they wouldn't have people like Tajh Boyd doing a series of articles with them coming up shortly.

Re:

Jan 14, 2014, 6:08 PM

I completely disagree. TCI is bottom of the barrel when it comes to Clemson sites. Even fans of other teams know it...

From a Tennessee recruiting forum:
"Just FYI guys, this is one of the least respected Clemson sites out there. No "Insider" about it. I don't know any Clemson fans who even visit that site. As far as Clemson sites go....Tiger Illustrated, Clemson247, and that's pretty much it."

Re: Re:

Jan 14, 2014, 6:29 PM

Why would several of our recruits as well as Boyd do 'diaries' with them if that were completely true? Word would spread from within the team and coaches would advise against doing interviews with TCI if this were the case.

TNet still continually reports recruits with zero chance of coming to Clemson in attempt to create a buzz. No one complains about that.

Not preaching TCI, just think it's funny how most TNet users don't like that site because TCI bans uses who post anything anti-Clemson or anti-TCI. They are simply trying to keep a positive website.

Re: Re:

Jan 14, 2014, 7:03 PM

Their info good and the price is right, but they are the biggest bunch of db's in the world. Their staff is so arrogant and the posters are minions who think just like RTM and must be the biggest losers in the world. Disagree or make a negative comment and you are gone. I wish their "source" would go away so they would be exposed as the losers they really are.

Says the guy with a pulse of 20***

Jan 14, 2014, 11:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tyrone Biggums can be a great source.

Jan 14, 2014, 6:19 PM

For instance, if you want to find out which South Carolina players have been selling drugs recently, I'm sure he will have bought from one of them at some point. ;)

I like and respect TCI but still...

Jan 14, 2014, 6:34 PM

I had to laugh. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like and respect TCI but still...

Jan 14, 2014, 7:08 PM

Hey guys, here's why I was banned from their site: After a bit of introspection, I realized I was spending way too much time and energy worrying about something over which I had no control...Clemson recruiting. Realizing I wasn't the only one, I decide to try to inject some wisdom into the discussion. What I did was to respond to RTM's ridiculous "Countdown to Signing Day" thread. Back in November, Robert posted his probabilities of the following recruits signing with Clemson (using his "inside" information):

Josh Malone: 50%
Raekown McMillan: 50%
Andrew Williams: 50%
DJ Smith: 65%
Featherston: 60%
Yeargin: 50%
Trevion Thompson: 50%

...and I said in my reply that, notwithstanding the fact that this is small sample (and therefore sampling error may be high), one would expect, given these "probabilities" that at least 3 out of the 7 would sign with Clemson...and that at least 2 out of 7 is an extremely high probability. I then said..."Let's see how Robert's predictions come out in the end. I think I pissed Robert (or someone over there) off by injecting some reality into the discussion.

Any site that has a problem with a post like that is not worth my (or anyone else's) time.

In fact, I gotta say this...Some of the stuff Robert puts out probably has a negative effect on recruiting. One (of many) examples is this: He had stated repeatedly that we were "going hard" after Josh Malone, and that if that didn't work out, we'd fall back and go after Trevion Thompson. I'll give you that Trevion probably already knows this is true...but why in the hell would you point that out in a published "article" on the internet. It certainly does NOT help recruiting to be pointing things like this out.

Re: TCI's "sources"

Jan 14, 2014, 10:08 PM

Ard is by far the best when it comes to recruiting imo. I don't really like the Rivals site as a whole though. They need to do a better job of getting video interviews and not have every little thing behind a paywall.

What's up with all the TCI hate here?

Jan 14, 2014, 11:35 PM

They do a really good job. I now go there first for my Clemson news, as things are posted there before other sites 99% of the time. I've always found the environment there to be positive and collegial, as opposed to other Clemson sites...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: What's up with all the TCI hate here?

Jan 15, 2014, 12:56 AM

They're the TMZ of Clemson sports. They're constantly throwing sh*t out there, some of it's bound to stick eventually. They're more often wrong than right though. Case in point, any of the reporting they've done on Chad the past couple of weeks has been completely false.

I mean just listen to this nonsense:

"As for Morris’ interest, please understand he would take the job if he is indeed offered it. From what we have learned in making calls this morning is that Morris was extremely upset when he did not get the opportunity to get the Louisville job. To us, that shows he is starting to understand that he is getting away from wanting the big-name job, which he initially has always been about, and is understanding he may have to start at a school like Vandy and prove his worth as a head coach before moving on to bigger things."

Now how could they possibly know any of this and other sites don't? I mean how would they even know that he would take the job? Do they have a source inside of Chad's brain now? I mean how moronic is it to think that Morris is just going out and telling people, "Yep, I'll take that Vandy job if they offer.". From everything we've seen over the past 3 years, he's a very private guy. He's not going to let things like that slip out. It's just complete nonsense.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic