Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris talks about his possible future with SMU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris talks about his possible future with SMU

Nov 29, 2014, 5:09 PM

Chad Morris talks about his possible future with SMU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He gone.***

Nov 29, 2014, 5:12 PM

Re: He gone.***

Nov 29, 2014, 5:17 PM

Yep, I hate it but he gone..I've never understood why they always try to hide it

If he is in negotiation with SMU, he can't very well come

Nov 29, 2014, 5:22 PM

out and say he is gone. The best thing would be delay tactics in the press until all the signatures are in place. Besides that, he is probably just trying his best to keep the focus on the win for now. It is just an awkward place to be, no way around it. Regardless, he is clearly gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo, not about him tonight.***

Nov 29, 2014, 6:44 PM

Re: He gone.***

Nov 29, 2014, 5:19 PM [ in reply to He gone.*** ]

yep. Good Luck Coach

Good Riddence

Nov 29, 2014, 7:22 PM

Everything happens for a reason and it is time for our program to move in other directions. If he doesn't go to SMU then he needs to go somewhere. We need his salary $$ for coaches that are All In and I truly believe the 'Chad' and his ego will be easily replaced.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Riddence

Nov 29, 2014, 7:57 PM

LoL!!! Go ahead and thumb it down all you want! If you paid attention at all this year you know that Chad checked out and has had his bags packed for a while now. So go ahead a quote the party line and wish him well; meanwhile I will say exactly what I and most of you are thinking! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Re: Good Riddence

Nov 29, 2014, 8:29 PM

Spelling ineptness equals a thumb down. Add to that the fact that I know Chad and understand that he puts everything into teaching the young men he feels privileged to coach and your comment is sour grapes at best. Given that he was not the head coach, he worked wonders with what he was given. Did he always make the right play call? No. No coach does. Not even the Sunday morning ones.... Chad is a Texas man. I wish for him and for his family only the best. He cares a lot about his players and his coworkers - not so much about what fans say. He knows that's a lose-lose game.

Nov 30, 2014, 2:28 PM

Did you really just take a dig at Dabo?! Am I supposed to consider your comments at all credible after that? So you are one of those keep Chad and fire Dabo guys? Inept? I am far from it my man and while own a basement I don't live in it. As far as sour grapes I have none. I don't think Chad is a bad person, but I do think the last 4 days have proven exactly what you said, he "is a Texas man", not a Clemson man and never has been. That is something I sensed in him since day one. So we used him and he used us we both became better for it. Now the party is over. Move on. Next man up. Not much different from the Rich Rod era. I don't get why everyone is so ready to build a statue for him. He did what he was expected to do nothing more.

Very Pedestrian***

Nov 30, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

Seriously?

Nov 30, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

How's Ellington doing in the NFL? I'd say he developed quite well. If you were scrutinized at your job (assuming you have one) the way you are criticizing CM, you'd cry yourself to sleep on your bean bag in your parent's basement where you live.

Re: Seriously?

Nov 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

Ellington and Catman are tearing it up as are bunch of other NFL tigers. However, I think if you put down the XBox controller and did a bit of research (from your bean bag chair in your basement :) ) you would find out that Chad is the QB coach not the RB coach. So hows Tajh doing in the league nowadays?

There are a lot of Clemson greats that didn't translate to

Nov 30, 2014, 2:40 PM

great, extensive pro careers. That shouldn't be a knock on the coach...he doesn't have a Godly hand that adorns them with an additional 4 inches of height and improved skill. Some players are great in college, not so much in the pros. If Watson goes on to have a long and illustrious NFL career, wouldn't that be a plus for Morris? He did spend a year with him didn't he?

Re: There are a lot of Clemson greats that didn't translate to

Nov 30, 2014, 2:50 PM

It will probably be like the Tootsie Pop commercial . . . "The world will never know . . ." Yes Chad got him here, but he won't be around to coach him. As far as this year goes how can you tell how much effect he had unless you are on staff and able to be at every practice? With his injuries and limited field time any kind of film study will yield dubious results.

Re: Seriously?

Nov 30, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously? ]

My basement comment was actually aimed at Deeznuggets and his ignorant rant.

TB wouldn't have gotten a 2nd look if it weren't for CM***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

So it was Chads fault that we were playing wtih a patch work mess of injuries on offense this year?

Wow you should stop posting you are clueless about football.

null

Nov 30, 2014, 3:46 PM

You are so right. You have judged me seen everything about me and found me lacking in all intelligence. Whatever shall I do. I guess I should have never ever voiced a dissenting opinion. I guess I'll go play some golf with your buddy Jack.

Nov 30, 2014, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

Not sure what football team you have been watching, but it sure wasn't Clemson. Oh maybe Pendleton HS! That's got to be it!!

Nov 30, 2014, 11:15 AM

> Not sure what football team you have been watching,
> but it sure wasn't Clemson. Oh maybe Pendleton HS!
> That's got to be it!!

Morris had/has no clue what play to call and when. The under center plays backed up on our own goal. not under center on the opposite? Stoudt came in and he called some late developing bootleg? The fact that he ran Watson and tells everyone that they were pass run option plays against Gt. Like hell they were! Fact is Pendleton coaching staff could call better games. Boyd left Clemson with the same skill set he came with nothing more. Cole's skills have declined since he left high school. The only player development I see is on D the rest of the guys come and go with what they bring. There is a difference. you look at schools that didnt have top classes that are better than us thats called Coaching! Clemson has players you never hear about after signing day. Why is that? PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.. Sammy, Nuke, Martavis all talent, nothing was developed.

Nov 30, 2014, 2:17 PM

Well said. Never said Chad was a bad person or didn't wish to do well. However, it is very obvious that the time has come for both he and Clemson to go in other directions. He has benefited from the staff's great recruiting and has rode that talent to the head coaching job he desires. We won't have any trouble replacing Chad and if wants to go I will be happy to take the day off from work (yes I have job) and help him pack.

Nov 30, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

You're a teacher and you can't spell "riddance"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

I never said I was an English teacher! ;)

Nov 30, 2014, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

you are a moron that is all.

null

Nov 30, 2014, 2:54 PM

So you can bag on Leggett with your sig on every post?! Takes one to ID one bub.

Let's hope you're not an English teacher***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's hope you're not an English teacher***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:54 PM

Nope already said that.

Nov 30, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Good Riddence ]

Pretty odd to make a post like this. Without Morris, we would've been garbage on O. Please get your head out of your A$$. I wish the man nothing but the best. Glad to have him.

Nov 30, 2014, 3:53 PM

Well by all means keep me in mind when you do your proctology rotation, and it isn't odd if you stop and look past the smoke and mirrors. You are student think about the players you know (if any). Think about what they say about the coaches. Professionally, Chad is the wizard of oz and it is time for people to take a peek behind the curtain.

If it is true I wish Chad nothing but the BEST he came in

Nov 29, 2014, 7:37 PM

and put Clemson and Clemson nation back on the Map as a program and a place where the top offensive recruits want to come and play. I hope he goes on and finishes second every year as long as we finish first.I think Jeff Scott will make an excellent OC and as Venables said today next man up mentality is what this team has. I feel like replacing Venables will be a much bigger challenge than replacing any one else on the staff. I bet Dabo is screening calls right now, since the cat is out of the bag that Chad is gone. When you pay your assistants like Dabo does I think we would be surprised of the people who are interested in that job. I bet some head coached would be surprised that their staff was throwing their hat in the ring for that job also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Nov 29, 2014, 7:52 PM

but what is going to do @ SMU that June Jones didn't? It doesn't seem like much of a change for them.

Re: If it is true I wish Chad nothing but the BEST he came in

Nov 30, 2014, 12:42 AM [ in reply to If it is true I wish Chad nothing but the BEST he came in ]

let's just be real here.......GO GET REX RYAN! LOL!

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris talks about his possible future with SMU

Nov 29, 2014, 10:57 PM

We will get Oregon's Offensive coodinator, or Baylor's OC, or if dabo is really brave....... Lane Kiffin! lol!

REX RYAN Needs A JOB!***

Nov 30, 2014, 12:43 AM

Re: REX RYAN Needs A JOB!***

Nov 30, 2014, 12:45 AM

JUST KIDDING I KNOW HE WAS A DC!

Am I remembering this right? Didn't The Chad make DW4 a

Nov 30, 2014, 11:47 AM

promise that if he came to Clemson, he'd be his coach for his whole college career?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic