Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tommy Bowden on his brother's graduate assistant job at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Tommy Bowden on his brother's graduate assistant job at Clemson

Jun 20, 2019, 2:23 PM

Tommy Bowden on his brother's graduate assistant job at Clemson

Another Bowden is in Tiger Town. Former veteran head coach Terry Bowden is pursuing a Master's in athletic leadership and will be assisting as an unpaid graduat Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TB admittedly did not have the ambition to coach a long time

Jun 20, 2019, 2:27 PM

ouch ... wish he would have told this to Clemson sooner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did, when he took the job, he thought he'd be at CU...

Jun 20, 2019, 2:32 PM

10 years or so.

It had plenty to do with what he witnessed at WVU, when they were mercilessly attacking his father.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he was always up front about it.

Jun 20, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to TB admittedly did not have the ambition to coach a long time ]

He always said he had interests he wanted to pursue outside of coaching. It's just tough to say due to recruiting and such. But he publicly stated he that didn't want to coach past 60.

He could've gotten plenty of other jobs after Clemson.

Re: Pretty sure he was always up front about it.

Jun 20, 2019, 4:03 PM

Why take another job when you were getting big contract money for years without lifting a finger?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: TB admittedly did not have the ambition to coach a long time

Jun 20, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to TB admittedly did not have the ambition to coach a long time ]

I would have no problem at all with a buyout and living in Clemson participating with Clemson football day to day. Sounds like a fine gig to me!!

Re: TNET: Tommy Bowden on his brother's graduate assistant job at Clemson

Jun 20, 2019, 2:42 PM

I hope Terry wins rings every year he is here and wears them to every family outing the Bowdens have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry will be Awesome on Halloween***

Jun 20, 2019, 2:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Halloween pumpkin?***

Jun 20, 2019, 3:58 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I thought he was a tater tot***

Jun 20, 2019, 4:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: I thought he was a tater tot***. Don’t laugh - round ..

Jun 20, 2019, 10:10 PM

... is a shape .... so ... he is in shape !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

YES! He will riiiiise up out of the pumpkin patch,

Jun 21, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Terry will be Awesome on Halloween*** ]

and become The Great Pumpkin!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 3:51 PM

I had enjoyed our few Bowden free years. No Booby or anyone at Clemson. Alas that ends now. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 3:58 PM

Booby seems to sum it up nicely. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Jun 20, 2019, 4:08 PM

I always refer to the old man that way. I think he is a pure snake oil salesman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 4:17 PM

Great point. I was more referring to physical characteristics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

LOL at Booby! I believe that was a notable misprint

Jun 20, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tommy Bowden on his brother's graduate assistant job at Clemson ]

in one of Mickey Plyler's blogs years ago, yes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jun 20, 2019, 5:52 PM

i wish someone could really "pick" tommy bowdens brain. he said good things just then--but( i dont think) he has ever said that he still likes clemson or loves clemson or anything really positive about us..im thinking he keeps the political answer...so as not to appear on either side of the coin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m excited to have Terry Bowden on the staff. Still have a strong dislike for Tommy though.***

Jun 21, 2019, 11:37 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic