Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse Basketball LIE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,307

Syracuse Basketball LIE

Feb 5, 2015, 11:32 AM

It is the height of lies coming out of NY. Syracuse is putting themselves on a ban for post season play this year. They are a bubble team right now, looking from the outside. If you look at their schedule, of the remaining 9 games, 5 are being played against top 15 programs. They had zero chance to make the NCAA this year, so Syracuse putting themselves on a band is no different that Georgia Tech putting themselves on a band for this year, means nothing. Because it only affect this year, it does not hurt recruiting. This is the height of a lie, they did not do this at the beginning of the season like others have done, they waited until they saw they has zero chance. This is not a punishment for the fraud they are as a basketball program. I only hope the NCAA will see this as just hype and nothing real, and will punish them in a manner that is real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It also helps Boeheim avoid having to travel to

Feb 5, 2015, 12:06 PM

Greensboro, NC for the ACC Tourney - pretty convenient.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It also helps Boeheim avoid having to travel to

Feb 5, 2015, 12:17 PM

When you add this to their loud mouthed football coach's crude actions in the game a year ago at their Dome, their disrespect of our "run down the hill" last Fall by letting 5-10 players run towards the hill between our flag girls (their dumb coaches saw it and did absolutely nothing, their football coaches rude and crude remarks regarding snow in the South during a storm last year where people actually died, their bball coach rude remarks about the South and our food, and the attitudes and actions of their obnoxious fans---I ask why the hell did they join this ACC?
I find it very curious that we have not had any of these problems with other new member schools! Apparently they think they're too good for the ACC and if so I'd point them to their disgusting football program's record of late and their collapsing basketball program headed by a coach with the personality of a frog! Maybe they should just go someplace else?

seems like the height of muy bueno if it works.

Feb 5, 2015, 12:12 PM

if you know and they know, i imagine everyone else knows too. how is that a lie?

would the ACCT or NIT be post season as well?

idk, dood. is it the height of big cojones? sure... but a lie?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: seems like the height of muy bueno if it works.

Feb 5, 2015, 12:35 PM

The big lie is that this is any kind of punishment. What they have done is nothing, lets not forget they were already in trouble with the Asst Coach Scandal already.

sure it's a penalty. the acct is a huge event & may be

Feb 5, 2015, 12:43 PM

'cuse last, best and only chance at the big dance. part of the pay off for the long season as is with football and bowls, are the post season tournaments. the travel, the fun and the additional practice and play that comes with them are huge to any program, just ask dabo about bowl time.

is it enough of a penalty? idk, the nc2a will decide based on the available information & 'cuse self reporting? if you don't think it is enough, that's kewl too, but a lie?

i have a hard time wrapping my arms around that not so warm and fuzzy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sure it's a penalty. the acct is a huge event & may be

Feb 5, 2015, 1:09 PM

What you are saying is all about if they made the tournament. I am saying that they have zero chance, as in first post, they are an outside bubble team looking in now. Of their final 9 games, 5 are against top 15 teams.

It is clear we are not going to agree, the lie for me is that this is a punishment when I feel they have zero chance to make it. They waited until now because they realize that fact as well. For me that is the lie.

no postseason play means more than NCAAT

Feb 5, 2015, 1:21 PM

that's a lot of practice time.... home game money... ACCT experience, etc...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

^^^ .***

Feb 5, 2015, 1:26 PM

what? the ACCT is post season play. the NIT is post season

Feb 5, 2015, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: sure it's a penalty. the acct is a huge event & may be ]

play as well.

all the benefits of anything that happens after the end of the regular season are gone.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG, WRONG!!! 'Cuse is simply boycott

Feb 5, 2015, 12:14 PM

-ing the NCAA tournament in response to Clemson being snubbed last season.

POINT BLANK.

How do you people not know this??

You mean like they did UNCheat?.....

Feb 5, 2015, 12:38 PM

Of course, I doubt Swofford is out campaigning on behalf of Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,307
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic