Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will ND apology avoid fine?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,019

Will ND apology avoid fine?

Nov 10, 2020, 7:57 AM

Will an apology by the ND president avoid a conference fine? Hmmm.

I don’t think the other 14 schools could get away with it. ND appeared to have a small security presence in place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will ND apology avoid fine?

Nov 10, 2020, 8:44 AM

I get it that this virus has been known to be dangerous, but it seems that some people just want to use this virus for their own narrative.

I have seen quite a few Clemson fans talking and complaining about how nd should be punished and even forfeit their win because their fans celebrated on the field.

Seriously?

I sure hope Dabo and company are more focused on fixing why we can't run the football and we can't create pressure on the opposing QB.

Nov 10, 2020, 8:56 AM

I haven't seen anyone post they should forfeit the game. We lost. Congrats to them.

Point is they put both both teams at greater risk and even the ND coach was worried about it by telling them before hand it could happen and to get to the tunnel. He was going to beat them to it. Should be fined IMO.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Will ND apology avoid fine? ]

The situation Saturday was not about endangering the players.

There appears to be a 99% chance that every single player will be perfectly fine in the long run.

The MAJOR issue with what happened is endangering the college football season.

The ACC has 2 teams with the potential to make the CFP for the first time maybe ever and the ND fans put that at risk for what Trevor Lawrence called "a couple of days of flu symptoms".

In reality, nobody even has to get those symptoms to prevent a team from playing. 3-4 asymptomatic cases could cause cancellations and lost games depending on who the players are and how close they are to other players on the team.

It's not about the danger to the players, it about protocols for keeping the teams and players on the field and playing.

Nov 10, 2020, 8:59 AM

Where was the apology? Must have missed it. All I saw is they were going to make testing for students mandatory.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

Nah, no fine. The conference is courting ND. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford will probably send them a check.***

Nov 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is the #1 team in the ACC they can do what they want

Nov 10, 2020, 9:39 AM

like Texas and Ohio St, whatever they say goes. We will do whatever it takes to allow our teams to play them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 9:40 AM

Let it go.

Especially if we ever think there will be another chance of gathering at the paw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,019
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic