Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,108

FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue

Jun 13, 2015, 1:29 PM

Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie needs an additional 2.04 million decrease....

Jun 13, 2015, 1:54 PM

....which would bring his pay to $0.00 because his #### needs to be fired. Not a coincidence the Tarhole scandal started at the end of his tenure there......

Re: Swoffie needs an additional 2.04 million decrease....

Jun 13, 2015, 2:14 PM

They can't afford his buyout. ;)

Mike Slive makes less than this clown !***

Jun 13, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Swoffie needs an additional 2.04 million decrease.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Slive makes less than this clown !***

Jun 13, 2015, 3:39 PM

Swofford saved this conference. Could he have been more proactive? Sure. But the ND deal and bringing in Louisville has gone a long way in making the ACC a legitimate big time conference again. Give the guy some credit.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now... about Syracuse and Pitt....***

Jun 13, 2015, 4:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Slive makes less than this clown !*** ]

I don't think ND and Louisville were bad deals but how do you credit a guy for "saving" a conference when he steered into trouble in the first place?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 5:24 PM

How did he "steer" the conference into trouble, exactly?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 7:00 PM

He's been the commissioner since 1997. The ACC was out earning the SEC when he took over. Whatever "saving" needed to be done happened entirely on his watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think the commitment of SEC schools to football has

Jun 14, 2015, 2:08 PM

helped their revenue any? Did Slive do that? No.

What about the rampant cheating in that conference, misuse of scholarships, and relatively terrible academics. Is it Slive's job to fix it? Yes.

All of those measurables, including revenue, have been very, very good under Swoffie.

Football conference vs basketball conference did that, not

Jun 14, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Slive makes less than this clown !*** ]

anything that Swofford or Slive did or did not do. Football has nearly evened out and when the ACC gets a network then there will not be a difference in revenue IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Slive makes less than this clown !*** ]

I guess Mike does make less since he is no longer the SEC
Commissioner.

I'm not really a swofford fan, but I think the ACC was destined for

Jun 14, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Slive makes less than this clown !*** ]

trouble given the schools that comprised the conference and the trend towards football dominating revenue and realignment.

It could have been much, much worse.

I don't care for Swofford's blatant favortism either, but

Jun 14, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Swoffie needs an additional 2.04 million decrease.... ]

the ACC is on very, very stable financial footing and will be for years to come. With college athletics and conferences being basically corporate businesses, how can you fault him?

As CEO of the corporation, he's done an excellent job. I don't care for his outward persona and the obvious favoritism of his school, but otherwise we are in really good shape.

I hope the Holes go down and go down bad, but you know what, if I were ACC commissioner I would have a very difficult time hiding my favoritism for the Tigers :)

I'm not complaining at all but

Jun 13, 2015, 4:39 PM

how did we end up bringing home the most money? I thought for sure it would be one of the teams that got to play in the ACCCG

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue

Jun 13, 2015, 4:58 PM

Haven't these numbers been out for a while?

When will we know the revenue from '14-'15?

Jun 13, 2015, 5:31 PM

they are waiting to see how much Candi Fisher takes with her before coming out with a final tally...(pun intended)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue ]

Non-profits get 11 months to file their taxes and usually take advantage of the full time period. It will be a while before we get current period data. In fact, buy the time we get it, it will be old data.

while they have that long to file, the league usually puts

Jun 14, 2015, 11:43 PM

out revenue figures this time every year for the year ending. SEC did it within the last couple of weeks. ACC released estimate rev on 6/6/14 last year- this is just more accurate

Making all that money sucking hind teet in the SEC, and

Jun 14, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in ACC Revenue ]

you still suck at basically everything.

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,108
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic