Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney disappointed in President Obama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Swinney disappointed in President Obama

Mar 12, 2014, 12:22 PM

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/local-sports/2014-belmont-sports-hall-of-fame-swinney-passionate-in-his-defense-of-football-other-notes-1.289948

Swinney said he was disappointed when President Barack Obama said if he had a son he wouldn’t allow them to play football.

“I don’t agree with that because football has taught me so much,” Swinney said. “Last year, there were five deaths from football on all levels. And while one is too many, there were 300 deaths from riding a bicycle.

“And yet the game of football is the evil empire.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who isn't?***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:24 PM

Careful....

Mar 12, 2014, 12:28 PM

criticizing Obama may result in the liberals labeling you an intolerant racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Really? I thought only Baptists got labeled with that

Mar 12, 2014, 12:36 PM

moniker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Really? I thought only Baptists got labeled with that

Mar 12, 2014, 12:38 PM

Moniker? Thats where Princess Grace used to live isnt it? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It could have also been that person Clinton didn't have sex

Mar 12, 2014, 12:39 PM

with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: It could have also been that person Clinton didn't have sex

Mar 12, 2014, 12:40 PM

Close but no cigar just doesnt seem to apply there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which one !?!?!***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to It could have also been that person Clinton didn't have sex ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just guessing, but Bill probably bypassed Hillary most

Mar 12, 2014, 12:47 PM

of the time. ;)

Wouldn't you?***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No doubt.***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 PM

Not real sure what ole Billy was thinking (pic)***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't you?*** ]

Of course, Bill was no prize either (pic).***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:22 PM

I bet they had a bag full of pot in that picture.***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH, NO!!! My eyes are burning!!!***

Mar 12, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Not real sure what ole Billy was thinking (pic)*** ]

yea but those stripes tho***

Mar 12, 2014, 2:09 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: It could have also been that person Clinton didn't have sex

Mar 12, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to It could have also been that person Clinton didn't have sex ]

only with cigar!

Liberals are free to label anyone at their discretion...

Mar 12, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Really? I thought only Baptists got labeled with that ]

If anyone else does it, they are labeled an intolerant hate-monger.

I often wonder...

Mar 12, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Who isn't?*** ]

What are America's biggest issues today, and what should the president have done to correct all of it?

No one blames Obama for wanting to be President...

Mar 12, 2014, 12:33 PM

The blame lies with the nimrods who elected him.

Re: I often wonder...

Mar 12, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I often wonder... ]

Tee it up ,and play another round of golf ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Obama had a son would he look like

Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Who isn't?*** ]

Michael Sams? Just askin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Obama had a son would he look like

Mar 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

Obamas son ,if he had one could not play football because he has girly built.

Dabo sure knows how to endear the TNet crowd....***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Millions have died fighting Presidents wars,

Mar 12, 2014, 12:27 PM

But who's counting

totally comparable to football and cycling***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:29 PM

very, very lame....ya gotta make a real reach with Coach

Mar 12, 2014, 12:30 PM

Swinney's statement to make something political out of it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some want a soft, weak youth and nation.

Mar 12, 2014, 12:31 PM

I mean rugged Cowboys, brave G-I-Joes, and the best game ever--college football is out.

Redecorating gurus, I-phone geeks, and I-phone games are in.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elevators and escalators are more dangerous than football

Mar 12, 2014, 12:36 PM

Each year an average of 30 people lose their lives in elevator/ escalator accidents each year, including 17,000 annual accidents.

I was going to post the hazards of commuting in a vehicle but that would be such a typical argument. Point is, take the stairs. :)

Craigslist is more dangerous than football.***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:38 PM

Since we're on fun yearly death facts of the day,

Mar 12, 2014, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Elevators and escalators are more dangerous than football ]

did you know that more people are killed by cows each year than by sharks?

Cow flatulence can be quite deadly

Mar 12, 2014, 12:41 PM

http://change.nature.org/2011/04/01/no-fooling-cow-burps-and-farts-contribute-to-climate-change/

Not sure about shark farts. Is that why the sea is so bubbly?

Isn't that a good reason to eat more beef then?

Mar 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

Helping to save the environment, those vegetarians are the real enemies of the ozone layer

Also,

Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 PM

did you know one of the reasons why the Bermuda Triangle was so difficult to navigate was the occurence of large amounts of methane being released under the ocean in that area that can mess with instruments and reduce the density of water making it harder for boats to float?

So the oceans farting and sinking ships and making planes crash

You enjoying this conversation with yourself?***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:59 PM

Yes.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:01 PM

The only issues happen when I don't agree with myself about something, then I have a stern talking to with myself and I'm back in the game

I hear when an octopus farts, it is kinda inky.***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Also, ]

Maybe if people like you didn't try that stuff with cows

Mar 12, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Since we're on fun yearly death facts of the day, ]

they wouldn't try to kill ewe

He swears that he

Mar 12, 2014, 12:53 PM

Was just helping the animal over the fence. Nothing more, nothing less. It just looked like he was groping the cow but it was just an obscure angle of viewing.

That's why you gotta be real careful

Mar 12, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Maybe if people like you didn't try that stuff with cows ]

I've had a few close calls, but no sirius injuries yet

If Jack helped you off a horse,

Mar 12, 2014, 12:56 PM

would you help Jack off a horse?

Is this before or after we fire him?***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:59 PM

Yes***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:00 PM

In that case

Mar 12, 2014, 1:01 PM

you'll have to speak to my lawyer

Ambulances or bestiality...? Let me see....***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:04 PM

It's the bull in him....***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Maybe if people like you didn't try that stuff with cows ]

Stump training makes this newest generations of cows very

Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Maybe if people like you didn't try that stuff with cows ]

angry and hate-filled. Capable of murder, even.

Signed,

LBU
Head trainer

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

can't wait till spielberg gets hold of the screenplay.***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Since we're on fun yearly death facts of the day, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet they'll build an Oculus in honor of Michael Sam

Mar 12, 2014, 1:18 PM

He'll be celebrated like a war hero. And I can't wait to see what ridiculous title his book will have.

"Courage: The heroic story of Michael Sam"

Dont pretend like you havent gone to sleep with a babe

Mar 12, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Since we're on fun yearly death facts of the day, ]

And woke up to a cow..

If it had been the 7th floor , you could have been a statistic too if window opened

Playing tiddlywinks is more dangerous than football

Mar 12, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Elevators and escalators are more dangerous than football ]

If you play tiddlywinks in the middle of the street.

Or in the median of I-85 if you're Franc***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:50 PM

I was there.

Mar 12, 2014, 12:32 PM

And Dabo went much further than that. I was very impressed with how we transitioned into it and the value of sports. He's correct, with today's youth, sports are one of the few things outside of the house that really teaches life lessons. Accountability, Dealing with failure, disciple, Effort leads to results not wanting.

One of his best lines was no matter what you'll experience pain. Either the Pain of working to achieve a goal through discipline and hard work, or the pain of defeat.

Look it up...the Cheerleading @ the game is more dangerous***

Mar 12, 2014, 12:35 PM

Dabo does't get it.

Mar 12, 2014, 12:52 PM

The President is not concerned about deaths from football, he is referring to irreversible head damage that can occur over time. The people suffering from this are in the thousands. Dabo sounds ignorant in his comments about comparing football deaths to bicycle deaths. There are a lot of reasons to criticize the President - this is not one of them.

So, you don't want people to play football either?

Mar 12, 2014, 12:54 PM

Hmm . . .???

Honestly, no I don't.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:03 PM

My wife and I are both hypocrits - we love watching our Tigers play but don't want our boys to participate in a sport that could alter their cognitive development and future quality of life - a moral quandary that will have no resolution.

To each his own. Not sure why this is all of a sudden an

issue. People have been playing football since the 1800's and modern football since the 1950's.

I wonder if Happy Meals and such are more dangerous to our children than football. Who knows.

Re: To each his own. Not sure why this is all of a sudden an

Mar 12, 2014, 2:06 PM

you should ask terry bradshaw.

Re: Dabo does't get it.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Dabo does't get it. ]

siiiiiiiiiiigh, if someone said the sky was green and dabo said it was blue some of you goobers would find a way to lowrate coach. incredible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo does get it.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Dabo does't get it. ]

He just addressed deaths. I am sure he is aware there are infinitely higher cases of permanent head trauma from football

Just agree to disagree. Compare apples to apples. Love the discussion. Makes us all better informed, too.

There are a hundred reasons to criticize this President

Mar 12, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Dabo does't get it. ]

And this is just one of them.

Would love to here how you explain to your son sitting in the stands that it is okay to cheer for someone else's kid but under no circumstance will anyone ever cheer for you.

You'll have an easier time defending Obama.

There are no head injuries from cycling? Tell em Coot !

Mar 13, 2014, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Dabo does't get it. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, one of the biggest and most influential Clemson fans died in a cycling accident

Mar 13, 2014, 8:25 PM

http://mackey.tributes.com/show/Walter-Glenn-Brackin-93704735

Most of the coaches attended his funeral. Most of you probably drive past his grave on game day. Great guy. Will always be missed. Especially by his nephew, me.

I don't want my kids to play soccer.

Mar 12, 2014, 12:55 PM

Is dabo's disappointed in me?

Death isn't the only safety issue with football. You people are over simplifying it. There are many other faster concerns other than the absolute of death.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Our society is full of weakness.

The cult of imaginary safety marches on.

What are the holistic costs on our society from being so #### scared of everything and so in love with convenience?
Yet we stuff ourselves with processed food, live in a world crisscrossed with electronic/radio/micro waves going through our bodies at exponentially higher rates than just a few years ago. And some ######### are scared of letting their kids play football? Whatever.

People selectively chose what is safe and what is dangerous based on what the lawyers and media choose to focus on.

Well said...........+1

Mar 12, 2014, 1:38 PM

We had a term for it when I was growing up...

And it wasnt Sissy

Obama is a punk and he is out to weaken everything he can in

Mar 12, 2014, 1:24 PM

American society. Period.

You misspelled 'puppet'....***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:27 PM

Re: Obama is a punk and he is out to weaken everything he can in

Mar 12, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Obama is a punk and he is out to weaken everything he can in ]

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! this applies especially to our armed forces!! that way his muslim brothers can just walk in and take us over.. IF they can get by all his ILLEGALS

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obama is a punk and he is out to weaken everything he can in

Mar 12, 2014, 2:09 PM

i am just glad you guys are so well informed.

"disappointed in Obama" and "disappointed at one thing he

Mar 12, 2014, 1:40 PM

said" are very different things...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm not disappointed in Obama at all.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:42 PM

That would imply that I thought he would actually accomplish anything positive.

That's rassist***

Mar 12, 2014, 1:43 PM

Midgets are allowed to be rassist.

Mar 12, 2014, 1:45 PM

Gotta take out our frustrations on somebody.

No they're NOT!!.........but......

Mar 12, 2014, 2:10 PM

they are allowed to be "small".......:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was his take on a KGB enthusiast getting away with

Mar 12, 2014, 1:55 PM

any and everything in a sovereign country without recourse? Oh, we's asking Dabo...meant that for obama. My bad

If I had a son, I wouldn't let him assassinate people

Mar 12, 2014, 2:41 PM

with drones.

Have you watched the video

Mar 12, 2014, 4:43 PM

of the interview my buddy Zack had with the President?

Between Two Ferns. Funny

between two

Re: If I had a son, I wouldn't let him assassinate people

Mar 12, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to If I had a son, I wouldn't let him assassinate people ]

with drones.

Why not? What's the difference between killing them with drones and killing them by conventional means... besides the fact that drones are safer for our boys?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney disappointed in President Obama

Mar 12, 2014, 5:52 PM

Some of these comments are priceless. You guys are either very quick-witted or you have too much time on you hands. Either way, made me laugh.

Re: Swinney disappointed in President Obama

Mar 13, 2014, 7:38 PM

Way to go Coach Swinney. That's awesome.

I'm DISAPPOINTED in This "GUY" 110%. Can't wait til 1/2017

Mar 13, 2014, 8:15 PM

What a Blanky-Blank Liar, Con-artist, divisive, non-transparent, poor leader, never owned a business, "you didn't make it", spend the wealth of others hard-earned money, Socialist, Liberal & mixed up since birth human being.

Oh, did I leave something out...OH YES I DID, a FAILURE!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic