Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney Football Camp (Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,548

Swinney Football Camp (Long)

Jun 12, 2016, 10:06 AM

Last summer my sons Pop Warner football team was invited to a "Carolina Panthers"
1 day football camp. They used some practice squad scrubs name rented the
Sir Pur outfit and picked up a couple co-eds stumbling out of
a bar at the crack of dawn called them cheerleaders came down and called it a camp. It was 6 hours of total chaos. They ran meaning less drills and the kids gained nothing but disappointment when none of the advertised Panthers no showed.

Coach Swinney's camp is over the top. I am so impressed of how well this camp is run.I do not get star struck but man when Jordan Legget hands your kid his lanyard and bends down to his level and explains where his dorm is and other items of interest.Just Wow! Over 850 kids alone this weekend and from the moment we got there until I left last night every second was planned. As parents all we want is to feel like our children get a fair opportunity to succeed. You have kids of ALL skill levels
being treated like they are on a fast track to the NFL. We walked in gate 13 and Coach
Brad Scott is greeting you with coach Venables, Jeff Scott Brandon Streeter and so on. These
coaches get after it like it was another day of practice for the Tigers. Dabo does the welcome speech to all the campers, this is where 99% of the head coaches haul a$$ home until the closing speech. I walked around and these coaches (Dabo included) are as approachable as an old friend. So respectful, kind and considerate to the parents. I saw this a number of times as I watched different stations coaches would pull up and see a kid needing a little help with technique would stop and go over and coach them up. These guys played for a NC on the biggest stage and now 5 short months later are coaching up 2nd-7th graders like they were the next 5 star prospect. If you have a child with the slightest interest in football send them. It is not just about football it is team building making new friends it is so much more than football. It is the best value dollar for dollar out there. I sit here and say Coach Swinney and staff can not impress me any more and then go to an event like this and you are totally blown away. We are so lucky to have Dabo and Company. I hope as a fan base we do not get greedy and act as though it is "NC" or bust every year and not appreciate what we have. There is something special in those hills and Dabo enhances "that" every day. After seeing a little glimpse behind the curtain I have no doubt we will be relevant as long as Dabo wants to be relevant.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what principles a man holds dear, and how it affects what

Jun 12, 2016, 11:32 AM

they accomplish. That's what I take from this story, and thank you for a great "long read"!

Time well spent.

Then I shake my head and actually "laugh out loud"

at the morons who say it doesn't matter what a politician personally believes in...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney Football Camp (Long)

Jun 12, 2016, 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing! It sounds like such a special time for the kids and parents. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did your kids give Jordan Leggett some pointers on blocking?***

Jun 12, 2016, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Why don't you suit up? I'll pay to watch....***

Jun 12, 2016, 12:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to. But God didn't give me the athletic ability

Jun 12, 2016, 9:03 PM

he gave Leggett. His blocking was #### poor last season.

There's something in these hills.

Jun 12, 2016, 12:15 PM

My grandson, daughter (AND granddaughter) are there this weekend (he has gone to the last two camps, also), and you, my friend have summed it up perfectly - as they have filled me in after each camp! And now I have an even better understanding why my grandson thinks he is a BEAST on the field and BELIEVES he has a chance to make it to DV! It doesn't hurt to have that extra motivation when encouraging him with schoolwork, either, if you know what I mean? You live what you are taught!! ??

Thanks for sharing @Coothater(and I wish I could give you more than one TU!)

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Good to hear...+1.***

Jun 12, 2016, 12:21 PM

Super post!!! thanks***

Jun 12, 2016, 12:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP...and to think 2 yrs ago Coots belittling DaBO & Co as

Jun 12, 2016, 3:28 PM

Not being able to coach anyONE on Clemson Team uP enough to make NFL..nor less have the #1 Team & only undefeated Team in America all 5 weeks of the 2015 polls..

And went to a Natty game and was tied with Bama's 76 Under Armor All-Americans (we 8) until 10 minutes left in the game!

Oh, has uSC gone to a Natty or won ONE?! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2016, 3:45 PM

Love this read. Been thinking about taking my son next year. Would he tricky coming from the Lowcountry I would think. How long is the camp? Week?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2016, 8:34 PM

Saturday morning until 4 pm Sunday but they work in a weeks
work of knowledge and fellowship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic