Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fatality rate now .2%?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 396

Fatality rate now .2%?

Jun 28, 2020, 10:04 AM

https://technocracy.news/cdc-confirms-extremely-low-covid-19-death-rate/?fbclid=IwAR1eSVHiPfQQwavEd9rjIqNiTzGrVIvfX-JZTKcjm8FpN1SC5qVrQ-Vyc1g

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fatality rate now .2%?

Jun 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

And it's probably well under 1% too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is .2 not less than 1?***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[note to xtiger]

Jun 28, 2020, 12:03 PM

he's a liberal. They can't do math. HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Is .2 not less than 1?***

Jun 28, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Is .2 not less than 1?*** ]

Yes....reality is less than the stat. Its under 1%.

We destroyed an economy over that. It was always about

Jun 28, 2020, 10:16 AM

politics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the rest of the world went on with business as usual

Jun 28, 2020, 10:26 AM

Right?

When your're down to that, truth has backed you into

Jun 28, 2020, 11:08 AM

a very embarrassing corner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what's the truth?***

Jun 28, 2020, 2:56 PM

Say what you want to say.***

Jun 28, 2020, 3:54 PM

Lulz. Was the media playing politics against the President

Jun 28, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to We destroyed an economy over that. It was always about ]

or the Governors of each state?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We destroyed an economy over that. It was always about

Jun 28, 2020, 4:00 PM [ in reply to We destroyed an economy over that. It was always about ]

Italy and India were in on it?

As I recall, flu is .1, right?***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I think so***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:21 AM

Shut er down***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:36 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

This article is from May 26.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:42 AM

I wonder what those numbers are now, following the post-memorial day, post-protests surge. I know infection rates are up significantly in many places, but death rates and ICU rates are the most important numbers since many of those that are driving up the infection rate are young people who are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. The important thing is what percentage of the people are dying or are seriously ill.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

My guess would be no change. It could lower the death rare

Jun 28, 2020, 11:13 AM

(more cases) but I think the calculations accounted for all that, or had large enough data to arrive at a solid rate. But you could be right. It seems that the only thing that could raise the rate would be another surge through more nursing homes, but that is probably unlikely.

Last I saw was that casrs were spiking but deaths still dropping.

Jun 28, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to This article is from May 26. ]

Inference I made is that young folks were getting it and not deading.

I know quite a few young people who have it right now

Jun 28, 2020, 12:00 PM

and are not deading.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It could be.

Jun 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

It's a shame we've done absolutely nothing towards random sample testing of the population at large to provide the very data that these types of assessments so critically need.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the Stanford study referenced in the article was

Jun 28, 2020, 4:28 PM

based on the random testing you suggest. That study done back in April, when the only cases who and cdc would discuss were 'known' cases, and the resulting fatality rate that was being used to justify lockdowns. Stanford did random tests and called bs on the official rates. A doctor did a video using that data to explain in layman's terms why the fatality rate would prove out to be magnitudes smaller than the who and cdc numbers, and the video was taken down by twitter (or maybe youtube). I guess it's allowed to quote the lower numbers now.

Swine flu had that same death rate in 2009. .2%

Jun 28, 2020, 1:17 PM

Wow. I never knew this was basically just like the swine flu. I found this article from 2009 about the swine flu which cited (ironically) CDC data. So I decided to revisit swine flu for a refresher course. First two paragraphs from a 2010 article after it ended:

Swine flu cases are down, but health officials say the disease's cumulative impact has grown to 57 million U.S. illnesses, 257,000 hospitalizations and 11,690 deaths, including 1,180 children, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Friday.

In a normal flu season, the CDC estimates that 36,000 Americans die of flu but 90 percent are over the age of 65. CDC estimates that 200,000 go into the hospital, again mostly the elderly.

The numbers do not add up, AT ALL. So we've had 4 average flu seasons of deaths in the US in the past what, 3-4 months, and it's not letting up. Furthermore, random testing done scientifically in a controlled study, can pinpoint exactly how many cases are asymptomatic. In other countries where that has been done (we haven't for some reason, even though we can put a man on the moon) in those other countries the rates are as low as 4%, or as high as 15%. And never mind the massive hoax by the AMERICAN mainstream media, to somehow fool the entire planet into shutting down economies the world over. I mean they have literally EVERYONE in on the hoax. It's amazing, really. Bill Gates, Obama, and the globalist cartel, the Illuminati, and the WHO have managed to somehow get every country to take drastic measures to address this pandemic. Pfft. Qanon has this one nailed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One last pic from the CDC......

Jun 28, 2020, 1:25 PM

This shows pretty well this ain't the flu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think that perhaps the swine flu numbers had

Jun 28, 2020, 1:39 PM

More concrete and established correlation between the illness and the death?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know. But I know whatever this is, it's far beyond

Jun 28, 2020, 3:19 PM

any flu, just from how it has presented itself worldwide. You don't see miles of ambulances lined up at ER's in Moscow for the flu. You don't see ER's in NYC swamped with the flu like they saw. No ER doctors or ambulance drivers had ever seen anything like it when it hit.

To answer your question though, no. Absolutely not. Quite the opposite actually. You also have to consider NO ONE gets tested for the flu to anything close to the extent we test for covid now. There are actually only 1500 or so lab-confirmed flu cases in SC every year. We do more covid lab tests in a day in SC today than we normally do for the flu in an entire flu season. Most flu deaths and cases are pure guesses, and we don't need to go further.

You can guesstimate asymptomatic cases all you want, and make the death rate as high or low as you like. The death rate guesstimate for swine flu was .2%, roughly twice the normal flu. Not too bad. This is somewhere well north of that. China said screw it eventually and only tested those with symptoms. There is consistency worldwide that if you have symptoms (fever, cough, etc.) with covid, the overall averaged death rate is 3%, skewed higher towards the elderly. Truly random testing can indicate as well the numbers of asymptomatic patients. In other countries random testing has indicated the asymptomatic rate of 4% to 40%. But nowhere in those random studies do you get to the percentages high enough to get the death rate down to .2%.

I'd wager the flu death rate is higher than reported, and so is this as well. Just a hunch.

And another thing......

Jun 28, 2020, 3:33 PM

The numbers are changing in the deaths among various age groups in the SC data as well. This is the trend seen in Mexico and Brazil, both suffering far more than us, but we're catching up. More cases are among younger people, and the death rates are rising among the younger cases as well.

Latest SC numbers:

Age Death Rate
11-20 .1%
21-30 .6%
31-40 .7%
41-50 3.2%
51-60 8.8%
61-70 20.7%
71-80 30.6%
Over 80 35.3%

Originally the 21-40yo age group had a death rate of .1-.2%. It has tripled or more. The death rate for the young is now 2-3 times that of the flu in the same age group, and it's rising.

Replies: 25
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic