Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shezam!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 545

Shezam!!!

May 26, 2020, 8:16 PM

Here it is, the latest from all you libs source of warm breast milk, the CDC; the survival rate is 99.7 %. So take your mask, gloves and sanitizer and shove it just as far as you can shove it!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shezam!!!

May 26, 2020, 8:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he's actually Purple Lipstick...?***

May 26, 2020, 8:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So he's actually Purple Lipstick...?***

May 26, 2020, 8:27 PM

I just assumed he was smoking from the same pipe as Tyrone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Survival rate after 9/11 was 99.9999% for the US population.

May 26, 2020, 8:53 PM

Yet the US raged war in Iraq and Afghanistan for what is closing in on 20 years.

Some actions are justifiable regardless of metrics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That analogy works for you?***

May 26, 2020, 9:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Read closely ....***

May 26, 2020, 9:12 PM

I put my eyes right up to the screen.

May 26, 2020, 9:22 PM

Not sure what I’m missing?

null

My intention was to impl that initial extraordinary actions

May 26, 2020, 9:54 PM

were justifiable in both cases in spite of only small fractions of the population suffering fatalities. The US goes to tremendous lengths to protect their citizens even if it means sacrifices for other citizens. This has historically been viewed as a good thing.

So saying that there’s a high probability that someone won’t be a fatality is a hollow argument. In both cases fatalities occurred and could continue to occur in the future without extraordinary actions.

Moral arguments aside, I have played enough poker to know that even when the statistics are on your side, you can get beat.

Of course. It’s why I refuse to drive.***

May 26, 2020, 11:39 PM

null

If you want to separate lockdown/reopen reasoning from

May 26, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Survival rate after 9/11 was 99.9999% for the US population. ]

fatality rates, I am 100% with you. I don't think that's really where you want to go, is it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's not about fatality rates.

May 27, 2020, 7:52 AM

It was about not overwhelming the hospitals.

The point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve. It was never about preventing the spread, it was slowing it down. The purpose was so that the hospitals would not be overwhelmed when everyone got the disease at once.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is your reasoning, I am sure, but that was NOT the

May 27, 2020, 10:03 AM

narrative. When the GA governor, acting on that exact same reasoning, was one of the first to open, the msn jumped on him, calling him all sorts of names. DeSantis is still getting it. No one in the msm is calling out the Whitmer for being a complete nazi, and illogically so. If its about overwhelming hospitals, why does the msn still think closing schools is a good thing, when zero.zero percent of anyone under 20 dies from this - under 30 really, and basically under 40 - and the evidence is that homes with locked in kids fare worse than kids who are not locked in?

It is fine for you, an individual, to say that it was about hospitals. I am not going to check through all your posts to see if you have been saying its time to open up for about a month. But no, I am not going to accept a general narrative change at this point. We who knew better had the 6% false narrative shoved up our #####, and now that its .4% we're not accepting a revision of history.

The lockdown was a bust. Safe practice (distance, masks, etc) has accounted for most of whatever mitigation occurred. If all factors are examined - not just false correlative graphs that put only one factor and one outcome together - there is little evidence that any state, city, or country that locked down has better outcomes than those who didn't. We will look back at this as the most fear driven and politically motivated manmade boondoggle in history.

I don't know what the political fallout will be, but if the left pays a price for it, its the bed they made. Its the same lesson as Ford/Reede. Dig a pit for your enemy, you will fall in it right after he does. We never learn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

May 27, 2020, 10:16 AM

You're making it sound like it's just "my reasoning" that the point was to flatten the curve.

Let's just start there. Is "flatten the curve" not a phrase you've heard for months now?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See below. I can't talk to you like I had to answer him,

May 28, 2020, 2:52 AM

so I merely reference that exchange. Some people shouldn't drink and post.

Do you really not remember the actual reality that we all

May 27, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to That is your reasoning, I am sure, but that was NOT the ]

lived through? Jesus dude, EVERY single news article around the time of everything shutting down featured graphs showing how flattening the curve was the goal. We didn't want to be Italy and have a spike in cases that overwhelmed hospitals. Keeping kids home keeps their parents and older relatives from getting the virus.

Good freaking LORD dude, are you REALLY this obtuse to claim that shutting down was not always primarily about slowing the spread of the disease? They why was there a debate not a month ago on here about how empty hospitals were?

And, newsflash, your people are the ones refusing to wear masks now, so maybe you should let them know that the masks are the true heroes of the pandemic.

Holy ####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a grip. Is this how you behave with everyone who doesn't

May 28, 2020, 2:51 AM

buy the bs you repeat but don't understand?

You can think you have the narrative down, but you apparently can't spell narrative.

Flattening the curve / lockdown. B effin S. My comments were about lockdown, and lockdown only. Get that through your little, brainwashed mind.

First, don't conflate quarantining with distance practices: you can run that bs by some people, but not by me. Those are two separate issues, and if you try to run a game by claiming that people who think lockdown was a failed disaster also think safe distance practices are not needed, all you are doing is giving up any claim to rationality, which I suspect you walked away from years ago. Don't talk like the redneck you are, but try to speak rationally about one issue at a time. Take a deep breath, even you can do it.

Second, if quarantining is about flattening the curve and saving hospitals, why was the GA governor called every name in the book for taking off the lockdown after the "flattening"? Why is DeSantis still having to put up with it? Why is the Michigan governor still acting like a Nazi? We actually closed down hospitals for lack of patients, and we are a net exporter of ventilators, but all a rational person has to do is dare to mention that maybe the quarantine wasn't the major factor of mitigation, and maybe did more harm than good, and maybe the multi trillion dollar cost in bankruptcies wasn't worth a marginal effect, and neanderthals like you bust out with no logic but lots of name calling. You are a brainwashed sheep.

The case that lockdown was a major factor of the mitigation is becoming harder and harder to make, and scientists are starting to abandon it. Lockdown or no-lockdown cannot be shown to be the major factor in whether a state or country had a bad or good experience with this. Both approaches had both good and bad experiences. There is not a demonstrable cause / effect.

But even that is not the issue here. So, for those such as yourself with limited brain cells and reading capability, let me put this in one syllable words: (1) stay-in-your-house and (2) safe distance practice (two words of two syllables, but try to keep up) are two separate issues. I said only one of those now seems to be of questionable value. That might have been too much for you, and I wouldn't doubt that it is, but I can't help that. I don't think anyone can.

You really are that dumb...

May 28, 2020, 3:02 AM

well, good luck with soft food brother.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Down to that? Always were, but good to recognize it.***

May 28, 2020, 3:10 AM

Re: Down to that? Always were, but good to recognize it.***

May 28, 2020, 3:15 AM

You made a lot of valid points.

May 27, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to That is your reasoning, I am sure, but that was NOT the ]

Spooneye didn't really say a lot about the virus in the early days when the virus first showed up in America. Most liberals other than saying Trump lockdown was xenophobic, racist and that Trump only did it to distract from the impeachment trial in the senate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding?

May 27, 2020, 2:43 PM

This is just a troll to get me to find you my old posts, isn't it.

Re: Are you kidding?

May 27, 2020, 2:50 PM

Here, I found this one where I pointed out Fauci's prediction about total number of deaths (which has turned out to be true) and you responded that he was about to be fired.

Just in case you want to consider who ends up being right and wrong in these sorts of things.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Faucis-best-guess-at-the-moment-is-100000-200000-deaths-27061373

Right. Remember when responding to corona was

May 28, 2020, 3:05 AM [ in reply to You made a lot of valid points. ]

xenophobic. To keep your leftist card you had to say the word 'xenophobic' three times a day. I wonder why they dropped that. Did did responding to corona stop being xenophobic all of a sudden?

Link?***

May 26, 2020, 9:03 PM

null

I think this is pretty well accepted now. The OP probably

May 26, 2020, 11:05 PM

has another source in mind, but here is one from cnn: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/cdc-coronavirus-estimates-symptoms-deaths/index.html

You will note that they gave a lot of column space to a dissenting opinion. When the cdc was predicting millions dead, cnn ignored the dissenting info, and some MD's got banned off Youtube. Now that the cdc is saying what many of us with no science degrees whatsoever have been saying for months, cnn is suddenly full of "fair and balanced".

But that is irrelevant, because the point is that just 30 days ago we were quibbling whether the rate was 6% or 4%, and now we're quibbling about .4%.

The two Docs who got banned off youtube? Guess what they were banned for? For showing evidence and calculations that the actual rate would be significantly under 1%. Believe the science, right? Right.

We bankrupted tens of thousands of people for no science whatsoever. All fear and politics.

Re: I think this is pretty well accepted now. The OP probably

May 26, 2020, 11:40 PM

You seem to be following the GOP stategy very well. 100,000 people died, hundreds of thousands hospitalized, MILLIONS infected. And those actions that have kept the infection and death lower than they could have been, are now the problem. Those actions saved thousands of lives.

The Daily Caller is not your friend. You've been misled.

Must hurt to be exposed. No worries. We already knew.***

May 27, 2020, 1:16 AM

That is amazing. According to this article, it's not a 0.4%

May 27, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I think this is pretty well accepted now. The OP probably ]

mortality rate. It reads "The CDC also says its "best estimate" is that 0.4% of people who show symptoms and have Covid-19 will die", but also "the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is estimating that about a third of coronavirus infections are asymptomatic." So 67% of 0.4%, or about 0.27% mortality? To me that would categorize a disease with that mortality rate as a "bad flu".

And I agree with you whole-heartedly about the social media companies banning dissenting opinions. I cannot believe they were so arrogant. A terrible decision.

I hope they are right (who knows? the story changes daily). If they are, I am very optimistic about the future. We are working on treatments, we are working on vaccines. We have hopefully made adjustments in our hospital set-up and equipment needs to avoid surge issues that might strain resources. All of these mountains of articles about how "Such and Such will never be the same" rings very hollow to me. We should continue to open our economy and get back to business.

null

And as I keep saying, the review of this pandemic,

May 27, 2020, 11:33 AM

when we have had a chance to catch our breath, will be amazing. Have 100,000 people died of "COVID-19"? Maybe. Maybe more! Maybe less? Why do I keep seeing data of things like pneumonia deaths plummeting? How confident are we that these numbers are accurate?

null

A very long time ago now...

May 27, 2020, 11:52 AM

when asked to rate Trump's response to this, Pelosi said the most out of character and true thing she has ever said. "There will be a time to assess and post-mortem this event, but it is not now"

Too bad that's the last time someone thought better of trying to politicize the pandemic.

Most of them will be restored.

May 27, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I think this is pretty well accepted now. The OP probably ]

I am not ready to surrender because I love being free and the liberty this nation provides. If you have to start over America is where you want to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shezam!!!

May 27, 2020, 11:37 AM

No mask in the market to make others feel good? No sanitizer on your hands? Just kill yourself bud and make the world a better place.

Two people TD a post indicating the virus isn't...

May 27, 2020, 2:47 PM

as bad as they hoped it would be.

The next time some liberal putz claims no liberals are wishing for a higher death toll I'm going to post a link to this thread starter.

Re: Two people TD a post indicating the virus isn't...

May 27, 2020, 3:00 PM

Maybe they were objecting to the POS who talked about shoving things up their ###. Seems more plausible than rooting for a virus, but things are weird in your reality. Over there, in your reality, didn't Fauci get fired two months ago and Trump cured the virus with malaria medication? And the guy who died from eating fish tank cleaner was murdered!

Replies: 34
| visibility 545
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic