Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why we keep losing to SCU in Football and Baseball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Why we keep losing to SCU in Football and Baseball...

Mar 2, 2014, 8:28 AM

and how to stop that trend.

Well it starts back in 2004 when the coots started a fight with us in football. Let's take a look at what led to that fight. Lou Holtz was running a dirty program, which also had many players being arrested. By that point Holtz had lost total control of their players. In the midst of this SCU was in the middle of a pay for play scandal and academic fraud. Fast forward 2 years later and in the name of so called "good sportsmanship" Jim Barker committed the blasphemous sin of having a shamecock dot the i of the tiger. Why would you reward your rival for cheating to get past you? This is the initial event that turned things around for the coots against us in football and baseball.

Ever since that event Jim Barker started with all his "good sportsmen" stuff. Barker acted like Clemson athletes weren't good sportsmen. In all my years of watching Clemson sports we have always fielded classy teams. But there is a difference between good sportsmanship and allowing an opponent to bully you. And that's the kind of attitude Jim Barker has created at Clemson, that it's ok to let your rival bully you as long as your "good sportsmen". That its ok to lose and under achieve as long as your "good sportsmen". Sorry, but we should never let those white trash inbreeds in Columbia bully us. AND I MEAN NEVER!!!!!

And stop the non stop emphasis on "good sportsmanship". Clemson teams always played with good sportsmanship. I'm sick and tired of the PSA's before games "reminding" the fans and players to have "good sportsmanship". Those PSA's are disrespectful to Clemson fans. Clemson fans have always been among the most classiest fans in college sports. I'm tired of our Athletic Department talking down to the fans, like we cause trouble.

Ok, back to the bullying. SCU players and coaches talk trash about us non stop all year long. Sorry, but we can't let this go on. Forget "sportsmanship", we should never let our rival bully us. If that means getting in a little physical skirmish then so be it. WE CAN NO LONGER LET THE COOTS NON STOP TAUNT US AND LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!!! In our 2012 football game against the coots, DJ Swearinger taunted Andre Ellington after a tackle. Not a single Clemson player came up to the defense of AE. This is completely unacceptable, and something past Clemson teams would never let the coots get away with.

We have to go away from the attitude of "it's ok to lose as long as you have good sportsmanship" that Jim Barker instilled at Clemson. Jim Barker also paved the way for these two arguments, which weren't around until Barker was Prez, that Barkertologists resort to: Clemson academics vs Clemson athletics and non alum Clemson fans vs alum Clemson fans.

Another aspect our players deal with is the negativity from coot fans (which is a given) and the negativity from Clemson fans over the recent losses. Add that negativity in with "good sportmanship" being emphasized over winning, and you get the mental block our football and baseball players get when playing the coots. A lot has to do with the psychology of our teams when it comes to the recent trend of losing to the coots.

Our coaches need to constantly remind our players how much those inbreeds in Columbia disrespect us. We need to play with a fearless attitude. We need to play nasty when it's necessary. We need to play mean when it's necessary. Most importantly just go out and play hard and beat the coots.

REVERSE THE JIM BARKER CURSE!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please

Mar 2, 2014, 8:38 AM

All these dumb reasons we come up with when the simple reason is that they are Just Better Than Us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not we, Joined 1/11/2014. Be gone coot***

Mar 2, 2014, 8:40 AM

nm

Nope. It's all about sportsmanship man!

Mar 2, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to please ]

We would have won the last 5 years in football if we didn't play with such great sportsmanship.

Re: Nope. It's all about sportsmanship man!

Mar 2, 2014, 9:51 AM

You are a #### fan as well.

null

You misspelled "lunatic" in your name.***

Mar 2, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to please ]

Re: please

Mar 2, 2014, 9:27 AM [ in reply to please ]

Loooooossssssssser mentalities create what>>>>>Looooooosssssers. Do you see what I done there, I knew you didn't. And that is b/c of what type of attitude and mentality. Youuuuuu got it now I bet!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to please ]

"We" you are a #### fan and are fooling no one.

null

Mar 2, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to please ]

COOT!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no "we"; you are "they"***

Mar 2, 2014, 1:08 PM [ in reply to please ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Great thread........you nailed it.......

Mar 2, 2014, 8:39 AM

.....and the news media and commentators have not had no respect for Clemson since that brawl in 04.

Go Tigers............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Tell us more about how they all play for the Blowfish.

Mar 2, 2014, 8:41 AM

That was a good one.

Hopefully tongue in cheek. I'll add that we won in FB in

Mar 2, 2014, 9:06 AM

05, 07, and 08.

As for 2012 and the taunting play, we need less stupid penalties and turnovers, not more, see 2013.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully tongue in cheek***

Mar 2, 2014, 9:14 AM

And the list keeps getting longer:
steroids
warmed bats
lower admission standards
we're to nice
we've always been known as classy and good sportsman
psa telling fans to show sportsmanship
no chic fil a
2004 fight, although winning streak didn't start until 2009, the ole delayed action syndrome
we're to nice (thought I would put that twice since you are so nice)
we are better, we give them the games (my personal favorite)
I'm sure I left some out but good start.

What was left out, was basic grammar.***

Mar 2, 2014, 9:31 AM

Yep, it is very funny. My personal favorite we need

Mar 2, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully tongue in cheek*** ]

more 15 yard penalties and stupid plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So your personal favorite is allowing your rival to taunt...

Mar 2, 2014, 9:50 AM

you non stop and just take it like nothing happened. First off don't ever agree with a coot. Secondly, I wasn't talking about getting stupid penalties. I was talking about standing up for yourself.

So I guess you would have no problem with random men coming up and grabbing your wife's butt right in front of you? Since you wouldn't want to get in any stupid trouble.

I have many coot family and friends much smarter

Mar 2, 2014, 10:38 AM

Than you.

You are so nutty. Pretty funny though.

It's down right pathetic for a Clemson fan to love the coots***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:53 AM

Re: So your personal favorite is allowing your rival to taunt...

Mar 2, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to So your personal favorite is allowing your rival to taunt... ]

Hey tigerking in my case I wouldn't try to mess with anyone
who could grab something that large.

Baum

Mar 2, 2014, 9:11 AM

Nice sportmanship. Difference is the Coots back each other up and play with extreme confidence. Time to stop making excuses sack up!

"sack up"?***

Mar 2, 2014, 9:28 AM

Re: Baum

Mar 2, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Baum ]

more pathetic obsessed Chicken fans.

hell this one is too embarrassed by his love of #### to get a real USC screen name.

null

YES....YES.....

Mar 2, 2014, 9:50 AM

This was the end of the chicken curse and the beginning of their dominance in sports....Barfer...thanks for stating my thoughts!!

No it wasn't. We won in 05, 07, and 08.***

Mar 2, 2014, 9:51 AM

2005 was before 2006, Barker let the shamecock dot the i...

Mar 2, 2014, 9:55 AM

of the tiger in 2006. Since 2006, we are 2-6 vs the shamecocks in football. If that's acceptable to you sir, I suggest you pick a different team to pull for. 2006 was the year Barker started all the "sportsmanship" stuff. Keep up with the time line. And I never mentioned 5 in a row. I stated we stopped dominating them since 2006, and a 2-6 record against the coots proves that.

You're nutty. Also 2005 was the first year both teams went

Mar 2, 2014, 10:32 AM

To midfield for pregame handshake.

We won 3 of 4 after that.

Back to nutty. It's nutty and embarrassing to blame the recent trend on Barker and letting the coaches and players off the hook.

Re: You're nutty. Also 2005 was the first year both teams went

Mar 2, 2014, 10:43 AM

I have seen some very extreme excuses and justifications for getting beat by the coots but this blame barker and forget about good sportsmanship is close to getting near the bottom realm of logic. how about we just hold our coaches, players, and administration to the standards we are used to at Clemson. lets give the coaches the things they need to be competitive, support them and demand they be replaced if they do not achieve said goals. but saying forget sportsmanship, really?

You're not a Clemson fan, so stop using we.***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:56 AM

It's pathetic when a Clemson fan starts to admire and….

Mar 2, 2014, 10:55 AM [ in reply to You're nutty. Also 2005 was the first year both teams went ]

worship the shamecocks, and start attacking fellow Clemson fans. But hey go have your fun and go play with your c0cks.

You're a lounger, no wonder you worship the coots and troll

Mar 2, 2014, 11:00 AM [ in reply to You're nutty. Also 2005 was the first year both teams went ]

Clemson fan posts. Another coot to put on the ignore list.

Call 'em how I see 'em and have no problem calling some

Mar 2, 2014, 11:51 AM

Tiger fans nuts. Just scroll down.

You're a lounge troll, so it's a given that you would call a

Mar 2, 2014, 11:58 AM

Clemson fan a nut.

Re: Why we keep losing to SCU in Football and Baseball...

Mar 2, 2014, 9:59 AM

Check your Tmail please

http://firejackleggett.blogspot.com/

Worst post I have seen all weekend, & thats a big statement***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:46 AM

You're not a Clemson fan, and that's well known***

Mar 2, 2014, 10:55 AM

Re: Worst post I have seen all weekend, & thats a big statement***

Mar 2, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Worst post I have seen all weekend, & thats a big statement*** ]

and another pathetic #### fan too ashamed of his school to get a USC screen name

null

Mar 2, 2014, 12:02 PM

You're pathetic, if someone disagrees with you they are a Coot fan. I think you're the Coot fan for wanting to be so proud of mediocrity. Go FYM. Accept mediocrity in life and that's what you will get.

http://firejackleggett.blogspot.com/

Come around here much?

Mar 2, 2014, 1:07 PM

The guy he posted to is a known gamecock, and everyone knows as much about this handle and his 12 other handles he uses on a regular basis.

It has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity (which we haven't been in baseball and certainly not football), plus you should try to become a little more knowledgeable about the nutcases on this board like that 06 guy before you interject your opinion into a matter.

Mar 2, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Worst post I have seen all weekend, & thats a big statement*** ]

lol you must be new here. That guy is a known #### lover so #### off kid.

null

On his behalf..

Mar 2, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Worst post I have seen all weekend, & thats a big statement*** ]

..he's mentally ill and can can't help it in spite of knowing he's mentally ill.

Sure...that's it! Yeah, that's the ticket!***

Mar 2, 2014, 12:41 PM

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Per ME..Clemson is a LOSER to SC in FB & BB for way too long

Mar 2, 2014, 12:50 PM

say..5 STRAIGHT Years in FB..and who knows how many in BB over past 5 years. GoTiGERS..git er done Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why we keep losing to SCU in Football and Baseball...

Mar 2, 2014, 12:50 PM

Dang, King. It might be time to change the tinfoil in your hat.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic