Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watkins says shoulder still not 100% healthy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watkins says shoulder still not 100% healthy

Dec 31, 2011, 12:07 PM

Watkins says shoulder still not 100% healthy

Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins said on Saturday he feels like he will be about “85%” for the Orange Bowl. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

praying this doesnt turn into a long term injury like Korn***

Dec 31, 2011, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They told him he was fine too...***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this type of injury is far worse for a QB but yes, i agree***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:39 PM [ in reply to praying this doesnt turn into a long term injury like Korn*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any doctors on here who can provide some insight?

Dec 31, 2011, 12:17 PM

Worrisome that the shoulder is not better by now.

my professional opinion

Dec 31, 2011, 12:19 PM

'not playing' ------> 'playing' is better.

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any doctors on here who can provide some insight?

Dec 31, 2011, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Any doctors on here who can provide some insight? ]

Not a doc, but suffered through a labrum tear a few years back. I'd bet that's what it is, given the ability to move it painlessly but pain upon pressure (mowing the grass w/ a push mower was impossible!) sounds like my symptoms.

My shoulder has never been 100% since surgery but it doesn't keep me from doing anything. Now I'm no Sammy Watkins, as I have a good combination of small and slow, but I don't imagine it would be near as big a deal for a receiver as it would be for a QB.

Re: Any doctors on here who can provide some insight?

Dec 31, 2011, 12:59 PM

I'm not a Doctor either, but having majored in Exercise Science and played football at the college level with the exact same injury, I can offer this:

It could be anything. However, if it were a labrum tear he most definitely wouldn't be able to play. AC Joint sprain hurts like a b!tch but it's usually not too bad. It's one of those nagging injuries like turf toe. Everytime you think it's better you hit someone or get hit and it's right back. An offseason usually takes care of it no problem. I'm really not worried about it at all. They make a pad (kind of like a one sided shoulder pad) that goes under your shoulder pads and helps tremendously, but being a receiver, I doubt he could wear it. Fullback/linebacker I had no problem.

Amateur diagnosis: Don't worry guys.

I'm not a DR, but did stay at a Holiday inn express and

Dec 31, 2011, 4:13 PM

I say it is a nagging injury and will be good by start of Spring

Agree 100% with the labrum theory. I have had 2 repairs on

Dec 31, 2011, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Any doctors on here who can provide some insight? ]

the right shoulder and am putting of a repair on the left. You can feel a bit better when you don't use the shoulder but certain movements lead to separation. I would think that Sammy is as strong as an ox and can compensate a bit with large muscle groups but it will continue to cause nagging and discomfort until this is addressed. There is always a chance of a bone spur as well. The doctors need to do a good job with diagnosis and treatment. As was said earlier, he isn't a QB so he doesn't have to worry about throwing the ball. Here's to hoping for a good diagnosis and speedy recovery!

They've done studies, you know?

Dec 31, 2011, 12:58 PM

Sammy works 85% of the time all the time.

He just needs to put some 'Tussin on it.***

Dec 31, 2011, 1:01 PM

Why is this a reoccurring theme with CU's medical staff?***

Dec 31, 2011, 1:04 PM

There is nothing reocurring other than players get injured

Dec 31, 2011, 1:18 PM

we have a great staff. Ask DaQuan. Korn's dad wants to blame everyone but sometimes medical science can't solve everything. I know the coots are trying to send this message that we have a medical staff problem and that our coaches don't care about the health of our players. That's BS.

Re: There is nothing reocurring other than players get injured

Dec 31, 2011, 1:24 PM

Sometimes I wonder.

Do you REALLY think we hire a bunch of Quacks

Dec 31, 2011, 1:27 PM

who do nothing?

Re: Do you REALLY think we hire a bunch of Quacks

Dec 31, 2011, 1:42 PM

Didn't say they were quacks. I'm sure their credentials are excellent. Seems like some injuries are minimized when first diagnosed but later turn out to be more serious and longer lasting than expected. And yes I know they can't be 100% correct all the time.

Bowman's group did my ACL reconstruction and they are

Dec 31, 2011, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Do you REALLY think we hire a bunch of Quacks ]

Clemson's orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Martin specifically, performed my surgery (in 98') and I'm still going strong. I think they are a top notch group.

Are you a division 1 Football player?***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:20 PM

Sure seems that way...***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Do you REALLY think we hire a bunch of Quacks ]

Re: Sure seems that way...***

Jan 1, 2012, 8:56 AM

You guys are flipping hilarious. Everytime I read this board, I get so pissed off I wanna punch my mother. If it weren't for the information I get on here, I wouldn't even come back. Everyone on here thinks they are a doctor, player, coach....it's ridiculous. Injuries HAPPEN. You are retarded if you think we have ten times more injuries than other teams. What major injuries have we had this year? Sammy's shoulder, Walkers knee, Hall's knee, and that's about all I can think of. Major ones anyways. I guess we should fire Batson and company because it's a recurring thing. And it might be a labrum tear. It might be a AC joint sprain. Right now, it's a AC joint sprain. Because that's what a flipping doctor diagnosed it as. They feel very similar, so to sit here and say it's a labrum tear based on how it feels on what you read off of a #### website is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Thanks for letting me vent. You're not all stupid btw.

spiller's toe? James Davis's shoulder? just to point out a

Dec 31, 2011, 2:14 PM [ in reply to There is nothing reocurring other than players get injured ]

few high profile nagging injuries

Re: spiller's toe? James Davis's shoulder? just to point out a

Dec 31, 2011, 2:23 PM

and every one of those injuries are just that..nagging injuries. Only time and rest will totally heal those type of injuries. Has nothing to do with the medical staff. We don't know what the player was doing when not under a doctor'e eye that could have prevented the nagging injury to hang around. All of those injuries took care of themselves when football season was over. NO injury is going to heal if someone continues playing football and does not get complete rest.

It astonishes me that even though Clemson doesn't have

Dec 31, 2011, 2:34 PM

a medical school, we have a ton of experts on TNet who know first hand the team's medical staff and S&C staff are incompetent.

Just lucky, I guess

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James needed surgery in 06...got it in 09...nuff said...***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: spiller's toe? James Davis's shoulder? just to point out a ]

it was his decision...enougbh said***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:37 PM

Based off of bad advice OUR doctors gave him...Think it is

Dec 31, 2011, 4:50 PM

just a coincidence that he declared as a jr, talked to some NFL people and suddenly has surgery the 2nd day of spring ball?

Charlie's shoulder, Quan's knee,Cullen's shoulder, DMac's

Dec 31, 2011, 4:19 PM [ in reply to spiller's toe? James Davis's shoulder? just to point out a ]

wrist...

Did you really just say "Ask Daquan"? Ask him how he went

Dec 31, 2011, 4:18 PM [ in reply to There is nothing reocurring other than players get injured ]

from #1 overall to free fall...I doubt he will endorse the butcher that gave him a degenerative knee...

A Dr. cannot "give you" a degenerative knee...

Dec 31, 2011, 7:35 PM

that's something that you're born with.

No..His knee degenerated due to lack of proper medical

Dec 31, 2011, 10:04 PM

treatment after his FIRST sprained knee...

I doubt it is a recurring theme...

Dec 31, 2011, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Why is this a reoccurring theme with CU's medical staff?*** ]

just like any injury, a doctor can determine it is OK based on the healing process. Any injury can continue to hurt until it is completely healed, and as with most injuries, that only comes will complete rest and not using the limp that is involved. A doctor can release you from his care and the patient will continue to have some pain for a long time. I truly doubt that Clemson would keep imcompentent doctors on staff.

Time is the best healer.

What do you call it? A series of misdiagnosis?***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:29 PM

injuries in football is a recurring theme in...

Dec 31, 2011, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Why is this a reoccurring theme with CU's medical staff?*** ]

football.

shane falco says, "that's why girls don't play the game."

Re: injuries in football is a recurring theme in...

Dec 31, 2011, 2:11 PM

they need to keep em off the message boards too!

i shouldn't, but i did...

Dec 31, 2011, 2:28 PM

lol.

;)

LOL or in all of football***

Dec 31, 2011, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Why is this a reoccurring theme with CU's medical staff?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to

Dec 31, 2011, 1:14 PM

win three Heisman's and three National Championship's over the next three years!

we need to start working with a different medical team

Dec 31, 2011, 2:11 PM

ridiculous, recurring theme, surely Greenville hospitals have something better to offer than what we're getting out of our current staff.

Re: we need to start working with a different medical team

Dec 31, 2011, 2:16 PM

Greenville hospitals do keep spare limbs on site.
I heard there was a guy that purchased a 16 inch #### a few weeks ago.

Re: Front Page Story: Watkins says shoulder still not 100% healthy

Dec 31, 2011, 2:35 PM

at 85%, Sammy is still in Beast Mode!!!

but still 35% better than his opponents.

Dec 31, 2011, 2:52 PM

I hope he plays sparingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if he can get a medical redshirt?

Dec 31, 2011, 3:22 PM

;)

null

"just hurts when I push a DB out of the way" lol***

Dec 31, 2011, 3:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "just hurts when I push a DB out of the way" lol***

Jan 1, 2012, 1:47 AM

I KNOW! I LOVED that comment!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know i shouldve already learned my lesson by now, but...

Dec 31, 2011, 4:07 PM

now I know exactly what to think whenever Dabo says "Yeah, he's fine. Gonna be fine. should be 100%."

But then again, that's not necessarily true, because he said the same thing about Tajh and Tajh ended up being just fine.

Why do you "show your cards"?

Dec 31, 2011, 4:10 PM

I dont understand why Players/coaches/teams are so transparent these days.....Chip Kelly at Oregon has an Iron Curtain over his program. I like how he handles the LaMichael James injury.

There seems to be much overreaction to this above. Sammy

Dec 31, 2011, 4:29 PM

playing a pysch game on WVU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe that Dabo said...

Dec 31, 2011, 7:34 PM

...he had the same injury when he played for Bama and it just takes time and rest to get over it. Does anyone else remember that?

Re: Front Page Story: Watkins says shoulder still not 100% healthy

Dec 31, 2011, 10:43 PM

Need to get advice else where, other than the team ortho. Go to Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, Alabama for your care Sammy!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic