Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Fair shot”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

“Fair shot”

Sep 26, 2018, 11:40 PM

I think this was a poor thing to say, not a fair shot would’ve been starting HJ last year like so many wanted. Or starting TL first game even. But instead KB got 18 starts to attempt to remain the starter and then had the audacity to claim he didn’t have a fair shot. I love KB and wish him the best but that comment was in poor taste because he had more than a fair shot and was beaten out on a competitive roster but the highest QB recruit of all time.. Good luck in your future endeavors Kelly Bryant.

Message was edited by: SethSlyy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Fair shot”

Sep 26, 2018, 12:02 PM

I agree. KB should exhibit class. Wonder who would want him?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:06 PM

Hey Kelly, did you watch your own performance in the spring game?

Sure is easy to launch insults at the guy from

Sep 26, 2018, 12:09 PM

behind a keyboard, huh?

GO TIGERS

How is that an insult?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:39 PM

He played poorly in the spring game. He played mediocre against GT. The OP isn't insulting him, just saying that his performances in games has not merited for him to start any longer.

"It's no insult to say a dead man is dead."

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: How is that an insult?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:44 PM

Kelly , nor the coaches made a big deal of it , but he sustained a hand injury on his first play from scrimmage. This made it tough to grip the ball , but he kept playing .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is that an insult?

Sep 26, 2018, 2:54 PM

Lol. That was in 2017, not this past spring game.

Re: Sure is easy to launch insults at the guy from

Sep 26, 2018, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Sure is easy to launch insults at the guy from ]

They are not insults , you guys think any honest critique of KB's game is an insult right off the bat. How do you make it through the day with those panties bunched all the time, it must be exhausting.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:17 PM

I am not going to throw KB under the bus because of his comments. He is young , he has just received a gut punch and at time like this when you have been emotionally hurt you may say things you don’t truly believe and regret saying later.

There are 2 sides to every story. KB should remember his recruiting process with Dabo and Co. Before he actually signed with Clemson he made his commitment to Clemson. Then he become very ill , required serious surgery and a lengthy recovery period. Dabo and Clemson could have backed off of him at that time but Dabo stuck with him. We had a good stable of QB’s and commitments around that time period. But Dabo stayed with KB constantly checking on his health and recovery progress frequently. Dabo and Clemson honored his commitment by signing KB to a scholarship. Most schools when KB became ill would have backed off taken another player who was healthy and failed to honor his commitment.

But we know Dabo stuck with him and gave him every chance possible to remain the starter. It’s just unfortunate a QB like TL came in behind him. TL is proving he could probably win the starting job at most any program.

So I feel KB received more than a fair shot! I hope KB knows once a Tiger always a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 12:24 PM

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Dabo could have backed off when Kelly got sick in high school, but he stuck with him. I wish Kelly well, but I am truly disappointed in his attitude.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM

He’s gotta be devastated. I’m hoping it was just a poor choice of words. I wish him the best. But onward and upward with Trevor

Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

He said in his transferring notice that he waited his turn, this is big time football, you earn your turn, just because he's been at Clemson for several years doesn't mean he's the man.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:36 PM

Every single one of us has said something stupid while emotional. I'm choosing to believe that comment was because he's a kid and its a tough situation. Let him calm down and ask him again. KB never said anything like that when Dabo said he was letting TL have some series in every game.

Kelly worked his butt off to be our starting QB and took a lot of shots and injuries getting us to 12-2 last year and 3-0 this year. There's no way he harbors bad thoughts about this team or its coaches.

That being said...I'll be the first one to be done with him if he says that again once he's calmed down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:49 PM

I understand letting your emotions win, but after 48 hours of thinking I would have expected a little better wording than what was used. Dabo stuck by him when he didn't have to, Dabo could've played him 1 more game and then he doesn't get to transfer anymore. Those would've been "unfair shots" but he didn't, he gave him 5 years of chances and it didn't pan out.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: “Fair shot” ]

I will be expecting a wroitten clarification > Just not saying it again does not wipe it away you know.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:51 PM

written , as in another chance during an interview later.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic