Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT is done...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

VT is done...

Oct 25, 2018, 9:56 PM

Don't see how they can learn how to play defense late in qtr 3 and down 21 pts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT is done...

Oct 25, 2018, 10:02 PM

They have no clue how to stop GT. That is surprising from a Bud Foster coached defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT is making

Oct 25, 2018, 10:05 PM

Paul Johnson look good. That takes some doing!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suprising? They couldn't stop ODU weeks ago. They have

Oct 25, 2018, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: VT is done... ]

been done.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: VT is done... ]

I think Bud Foster's time is coming to an end. He should have taken a HC gig to cash out.

His D used to be a well disciplined team and now it is a complete mess. D coords don't last if they are surrendering points like this (ask Steele).

I think when Beemer left, he was the one propping up Foster. Now, he is just not working with Justins kids and well, Justin now has an excuse. His offence has been showing up, but not the defense.

Sure, you can point to VT overall stats as not be bad, but giving up 49 points to ODU, 49 points to GT and 45 points to Notre Shame... that is all the excuse you need to make a change defensively.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:22 AM

Foster is a good example of timing . During his heyday and his formative DCo years he never saw an RPO . This era of offenses has him doing things he wouldn't normally do , which is why he can't beat ND , Clemson and the like .
Now , why he can't defend a triple option is beyond me , but it may get right down to the guys they recruit just simply cannot grasp the fundamentals of it. I don't know , but I think Fuente will need to look elsewhere for his own DCo , and convince Bud Foster to step down .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 26, 2018, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I second that... it seems like every season since the early 2010s, they have been talking about Bud doing something "different". Now I need to go back and watch Bud's robber evolution... with a RPO leaning pass.

I just don't get why VT is having this much trouble with GT's option in the last 5 years (1-4) as they see that team every year. It is more shocking because other teams have been figuring it out and GT has declined a bit. Clemson and the Coastal should have GT's measure and while when GT does it right, it is very frustrating, VT should not have this excuse. Bud's hallmark was always stopping the run first and foremost especially against a mobile backfield.

I have also noticed a lot of Virginia HS standouts on the Penn State roster, so I am also looking at recruiting/talent... but Bud's defense is just bad and has been bad-and-getting-worse in the past 5 years. Now you can say that VT's offense is being beaten by the lack of a VT defense.

It's only surprising to people who think Foster is a good coach

Oct 26, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: VT is done... ]

He isn't. He hasn't been a part of anything relevant in 10 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 25, 2018, 10:06 PM

I remember when we played them in the ACCCG,
Their fans thought they were becoming elite
LOL

Oct 25, 2018, 10:33 PM

Shoot, last year they thought they were going to hand us an L.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic