Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suppose, just for the sake of suppositories, that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Suppose, just for the sake of suppositories, that

Oct 24, 2019, 6:02 PM

LSU puts 50 on Bama, without Tua playing, and Bama only scores say 10. Any way you want to look at it, Bama's defense was terrible in that game. How will the pundits spin it to keep Bama in the conversation for the playoffs having given up that many points? You know they will, let's hear TNet's version of spin. Shirley we can dumb down to the intelligence level of some of these sportswriters, just for a few minutes. It'll be fun. Imagine your mind is filled with fog.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh...you realize for some T-Netters

Oct 24, 2019, 6:50 PM

A mind filled with fog is reality...not imagined.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evidently, I got no spun replies yet. None atall too.

Oct 24, 2019, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhhh...I thought everybody's mind is filled with fog.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Uh...you realize for some T-Netters ]

You mean I'm different?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh...you realize for some T-Netters

Oct 24, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Uh...you realize for some T-Netters ]

...a mind filled with suppositories is even worse, you know, forget exactly where your brains are, just let it go....

Unclear on why you folks think Tua won't play against LSU***

Oct 24, 2019, 6:59 PM

Re: Unclear on why you folks think Tua won't play against LSU***

Oct 24, 2019, 7:08 PM

While Saban (and Daddy) will try to rush him back for that game, they still have to buy off the doctors to get him medically cleared. Given the lawsuit society in which we live these days, that is not as easy as it used to be.

Honestly, I find the whole surgery angle

Oct 24, 2019, 7:22 PM

Pretty disgusting. With all the rhetoric around compensation for players and them being little more than meat at the butcher, having surgery for sprains is a terrible optic. And, to date, Tua is the ONLY player I'm aware of to receive it...and...it's on Saban's watch...under the Alabama flag. I can't help but question the motives...and they don't scream education.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suppose, just for the sake of suppositories, that

Oct 24, 2019, 8:30 PM

76er® said:

LSU puts 50 on Bama, without Tua playing, and Bama only scores say 10. Any way you want to look at it, Bama's defense was terrible in that game. How will the pundits spin it to keep Bama in the conversation for the playoffs having given up that many points? You know they will, let's hear TNet's version of spin. Shirley we can dumb down to the intelligence level of some of these sportswriters, just for a few minutes. It'll be fun. Imagine your mind is filled with fog.....

You say Bama gives up 50 to LSU and scores 10 without Tua - Saban will argue that with Tua, Bama would have scored 40 and while Bama was scoring the 40, their defense would be resting and would have only given up 30. Therefore, Bama is better than LSU and should be in the playoffs. Same ole "tired" story.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 8:30 PM

You say Bama gives up 50 to LSU and scores 10 without Tua - Saban will argue that with Tua, Bama would have scored 40 and while Bama was scoring the 40, their defense would be resting and would have only given up 30. Therefore, Bama is better than LSU and should be in the playoffs. Same ole "tired" story.

And he doubles up on the story. Got it!

Oct 24, 2019, 9:09 PM

:)

Oct 24, 2019, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Suppose, just for the sake of suppositories, that ]

I can say that again.??

Oct 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

Suppositories are nothing like pondering. You may get more responses if you posed this as a pondering question.

Nah, that would be pandering to the ponderers.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:30 PM

:)

This is an easy one

Oct 24, 2019, 9:37 PM

They didn’t want to be there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 10:05 PM

To be clear, does this type of supposing fall under “for the sake of all things holey” as well?

Or are we talkin about a square-is-a-rectangle type of arrangement here?

An outcome like that would immediately garner exaltation of Tua as Bama’s heartbeat, lifeblood, figurehead, identity, etc. and would therefore quickly be dismissed as “that’s not the real Alabama football team.” It would be a freak aberration which media would encourage CFP committee voters to ignore in their selection of the TRUE best teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Now you're thinking like a true ESPiNer!

Oct 25, 2019, 9:01 AM

Boo on you. :)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic