Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: The moment
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Sunday sermon: The moment

Jan 8, 2017, 8:13 PM

We'll start with one of my favorite folks in the Bible ... long-suffering Habakkuk. If you've ever uttered the phrases "How long, oh Lord, how long?" you know what he was feeling. And finally ... FINALLY ... the Almighty answered:

"Write this, and write it large, that those who read it may run and tell others. The vision hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay."

I am convinced that moment arrives tomorrow night for the Sons of Clemson.

I'm not alone, I know. I've heard from friends who sat with me through losses to Duke, to Wake Forest, to people we had no business losing to because the vision had not yet arrived.

"You know," they say. "We can win. It just feels like a win."

I hear them, and I nod. I know that feeling ... no, I know that CERTAINTY. This is not a team that is coming in scared, or wide-eyed. This is a team, a tribe of young men who know what must be done.

The family is gathering, a river of orange flowing down I-95, down I-75, the cadence cheers echoing at rest tops and Waffle Houses. There are no strangers in this brotherhood of orange, just a sense that this is where they need to be. To celebrate, to savor something that has been elusive for so long.

Some are too young to know anything but success, who never knew sitting in soul-piercing misery as the team fell short. More of us have been through more ... much more.

When Dabo said we wouldn't wait 34 years to be back in this game, we believed. When we had to make plays, we KNEW we would. When naysayers said Ohio State would be more than these Tigers could handle, we just smiled.

We knew. We could feel it.

Last year we saw the elephant, and gave the beast all it could handle.

This year, it's our turn. We will skin the elephant, hang its hide on the wall and funnel beer through its still-twitching trunk.

Write this, and write it large, that those who read it may run and tell others.

This is the moment. This is the game. Clemson isn't coming. We have arrived. And let nothing stand in our way.

One heart, one voice, one outcome.

Finish it, Clemson.

It is time.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic