Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: The days of mercy are past
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,241

Sunday sermon: The days of mercy are past

Oct 25, 2015, 11:14 AM

We begin today's sermon with a word from a less-than-likely source ... Bubbles, the Powerpuff Girl:

There was a time when Clemson could show mercy, call off the dogs and allow our opponents to salvage a bit of pride.

Those days ended when Florida State proved itself absolutely inept at kick return coverage. In those stunning seconds in Atlanta last night, our opportunity for a great showdown win evaporated quicker than yesterday's crowd in Sun Life Stadium. The Tigers lost a shot at a second Game Day, a Second Top 10 win, a chance to cruise into the playoffs without the intentional carnage we now must dole out without mercy.

Someone must pay. And that someone is the Wuffies. We must have more than just victory.

We MUST have GeeHaw'd.

Circumstance and the Spirit has called for it this weekend ... the utter obliviation of Carney Finley Stadium. Let the Wuffies howl in pain and shame and left the peeing wolf statue run red with the entrails of their hopes.

Let there be no hesitancy among the faithful as we set our tractors to burnishing and hone our harrows to razor sharpness. Let there be no hesitation to grind the mangy mutt carcasses into a fine fertilizer for next year's crops.

If you plan to come to Raleigh this weekend expecting mercy, turn back at the state line. We have no use for beneficence, nor can we heed the pleas of the women and children to avert the slaughter than must take place.

The Sons of Clemson have arrived, wiping the evisceration of Miami from our blades along the way. People are paying attention now. A few are still clinging to hope, like frightened Hittites, that "Clemsoning" may yet save them.

We are gathered here to lay waste to the Wuffies ...

Let this game, in the despised cradle that spawned the term in 2011, be its final resting place. Let the Sons of Clemson put the word, and those who cling to it for comfort to utter ruin. Let there be nothing of the hopes of those who stand before us but ash and bitter dust.

We have now been shown our path to the promised land. It all lies before us ... if we have the resolution to claim it. I want to see 10,000 true Sons of Clemson in full-throated roar on Saturday, reveling in the destruction of the Wuffies.

Let there be no doubt.

Let there be no hope for those who will cower before us.

Let there be no mercy.

GEE-HAW'D!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: The days of mercy are past

Oct 25, 2015, 11:18 AM

No Mercy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda cool when RevDodd and BuzzPaw meet in the middle.

Oct 25, 2015, 11:21 AM

Someone's got to pay!

The Spirit of GeeHaw'd! is slow to rise...

Oct 25, 2015, 11:25 AM

...but once summoned, it cannot be quelled without mayhem.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I WILL BE THERE, Rev!***

Oct 25, 2015, 11:27 AM

As Genghis Khan reportedly said after his Mongol cavalry

Oct 25, 2015, 11:35 AM

had conquered city after city and tribe after tribe:

"NEXT"!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO QUARTER for the pack, they're next!***

Oct 25, 2015, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 2:28 PM

And all the Tigers say "Amen".

Uh Oh. The Rev's GeeHaw'd done gone Old Testament

Oct 25, 2015, 2:51 PM

on the Wuffies. Carnage soon to follow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I DRINK YOUR MILK!***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:53 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 25, 2015, 3:07 PM

Preach it!!! Stack the Pack

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't remember the year, do remember the absolute awe,

Oct 25, 2015, 4:37 PM

when 10,000 or so dedicated Clemson fans, ensconced into one swath of Carter-Finley, a section of both upper and lower decks one atop each other, rose up together to completely smother the home team fans and literally deny the NCSU offense a chance to run multiple plays on their own field. Sitting across from that spectacle, as time and again the Wolfpack QB backed away from the LOS comically beseeching the referees for assistance only to draw uncomfortable looks from the zebra'd crew, I could only laugh out loud and wipe tears of joy from my face. The red&white buffoons about me howled for a penalty, for an intercession, for something to restore their pride and composure, but it never came.

Is there any wonder that the Clemson D not only stymied that NCSU drive from within Clemson's 5 yard line that day, but another Wolfpack red zone attempt as well, and that the Tigers ultimately won the game?

Thank you, Rev, for that reminder of true and undying spirit. May your exhortation(s) bring forth a new generation of Clemson pride, founded not just in victory, but moreso in simple love.

"Our Brown's better than your Brown...."

Oct 25, 2015, 5:03 PM

Sung to the tune of the old Ken-L-Ration commercial....

That and

"We don't give a d@mn about North Carolina, 'cause we're from Clemson U."

Oct 25, 2015, 5:08 PM

As always my heart races and my hopes fish after reading your words. "Gee-Hawd"

Oct 25, 2015, 5:10 PM

It's been a rough day, me fighting this predictive text and NOT pre-reading it before pressing send. I meant "my hopes rise, not hopes fish"

And all TG Clemson's chilluns say, "Amen!"***

Oct 25, 2015, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

No better time or place for a GeeHawd!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 8:01 PM

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

No mercy... They must be sacrificed to...

Oct 25, 2015, 9:01 PM

... To appease the mighty football gawd "Shaboo". We demand take that which is ours and we shall take it without hesitation AND WITH NO MERCY. Woofpups shall pay for the crimes of the doubters and non - believers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geeeeee-Haw'd!

Oct 26, 2015, 12:12 AM

It's on!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

AMEN!!!! NO FREAKING MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 26, 2015, 1:19 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bump, just in case you hadn't heard....

Oct 26, 2015, 10:12 AM

GEE-HAW'D!!

Wuffies, I unplug my nose in your direction!

Oct 26, 2015, 2:57 PM

(Little known Gee-Hawd curse.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic