Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Sermon: It comes down to this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Sunday Sermon: It comes down to this

Nov 29, 2015, 7:17 PM

There's a terrible irony in considering an undefeated regular season a disappointment.

Yet, for many, that's how things will feel this time next week if the Tigers don't come home from Charlotte with a trophy.

If you believe this, feel free to leave the conversation ... NOW!

And I don't mean a fifth-place ring, "thanks for playing" trophy. I mean the ACC title, the Willy Wonka golden ticket into the magical world of playoffs. And, of course, the pizza party to end all pizza parties (no, we haven't forgotten the promise, Coach!)

It seems so dang strange to think a year with wins over the Capons, Noles, BB Heads, heck, EVERYBODY would feel like a letdown.

But it comes down to this. Win this weekend and everything ... EVERYTHING ... bad anyone ever said about Clemson, about our cheerleader coach, our "never played anybody," our can't win the big one reputation all goes away. Never again will the "C-ing" word mean anything but success.

Forever.

Lose and we're still tied for the most wins in school history, and considered a letdown.

It's not true. And it's certainly not fair. But it comes down to this. The guys are tired. They're dinged up. You can see it out there. There's a little less authority in some of the plays, a little more tendency to arm-tackle than wrap up.

The life of a warrior comes with fatigue and pain. There's 10 weeks of non-stop practice and pounding, blood and bodies poured out on the field each week against people who see Clemson as their potential pelt on the wall, their bowl game, their tale to tell the grandkids around the winter hearth for years to come ... "Did I ever tell y'all about the day we took down No. 1?"

They haven't yet. And as long as we dig deep, deep enough to give everything left in us this weekend, they never will.

I look at North Carolina, and I see trouble. A mobile quarterback, solid skill players, a tank in the backfield. They are motivated and are in the position we like to be ... hungry and ready to knock Clemson off.

And they will ... if we let them. Any sloppy, halfway tackling, and they're gone. Anyone peeking into the backfield rather than covering their wheel route, and they're gone. Anyone thinking an arm tackle or shoulder will stop their runners, and they're gone.

BUT ... a solid game, rolling with the punches that the Heels can and will throw, and Clemson will win. I believe this.

I know this. I EXPECT this. The guys expect this of each other, and if you've watched this team all year, you expect this as well.

We are not a "we can win" team ... Clemson is a "we WILL win" team.

UNC will need luck to win. You can hear in in their bravado. We will not. We need only play the game we are capable of playing on both side of the ball.

They have hope. We have expectation, and the men who will bring expectation to fruition.

We will drive them. We will stick them. We will earn the rest we need to continue our quest for best.

And we will feast.

It has come down to this, Clemson.

Be ready. Be strong.

Be Tigers.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I'm gonna freeze myself till Saturday morning to pass the time*****

Nov 29, 2015, 7:22 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Sermon!!!!***

Nov 29, 2015, 7:26 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way we are being disrespected by the media

Nov 29, 2015, 7:34 PM

over us being the most vulnerable playoff contender and having these tarholes rammed down or throats has got to make this team play with an edge and a chip on their shoulders. Unfortunately and sadly, if DW was on Oklahoma's or Alabama's team he would already be crowned the Heisman trophy! I almost feel as if we are "reluctantly"placed at #1, my gosh, every pundant on eSECpn admits they don't think we are the "best" team......its just ridiculous!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday Sermon: It comes down to this

Nov 29, 2015, 7:36 PM

Nothing sweeter than a gee hawd over the stinkin holes. Great sermon Rev.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 7:49 PM

Testify Rev Dodd

Bring the ferociousness we showed vs. FSU, Holes will fold.***

Nov 29, 2015, 7:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 7:47 PM

Great post....we have ALREADY won the most important game of the season to ME & it was against the coots Saturday.....everything else to me is gravy.....12 - 0 brother and lets go whip up on some tarholes.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Think of it as a double victory...

Nov 29, 2015, 8:35 PM

We win the ACC football title....

...and we beat the Heels during basketball season.

Works for me!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 7:56 PM

Spot on!!!! We got this!!

tell it rev!***

Nov 29, 2015, 8:57 PM

Nov 29, 2015, 9:08 PM

Drop the Mic after this one!! Well said and True. This game should be treated as the first game of the season.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:40 PM

GEE HAWD!! I'M GONNA JUMP ON MY TRACTOR RIGHT NOW WITH MY PAW FLAG FLYING AND I'LL SEE YA'LL IN CHARLOTTE! BEAT THE HOLES!

A-MEN Rev! Can I Testify?!

Nov 30, 2015, 7:58 AM

Well said @RevDodd! And I agree, with one addition:

The things we have failed to sustain during our recent 'struggles' are ALL things we CAN do (and WILL fix)!

I look for our Tigers to seal the (ACC) deal in Charlotte!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

+1 for another great pep talk, err sermon!! Go Tigers!!***

Nov 30, 2015, 8:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you can give the pregame speech

Nov 30, 2015, 10:11 AM

Saturday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 10:15 PM

Thanks Rev.!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It's stuff like this that makes Clemson the best. Chills,

Nov 30, 2015, 10:31 PM

Rev!

We're a stone's throw of cresting Mount Everest- too close to turn back and too close not to put OUR Tiger flag on the peak along side our previous one. Just too close this time.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic