Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Summary of things in San Jose yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Summary of things in San Jose yesterday

Jan 7, 2019, 7:10 AM

We got in to San Jose around 8 am west coast time yesterday. We flew into San Jose airport which is about 5 minutes from the stadium in Santa Clara. Our hotel is also in San Jose. We are leaving late Tuesday so we will explore SF then.
It pretty much rained all day yesterday and was around 50 degrees and windy at times. We went to the CFP activities at the convention center. It was pretty good (and out of the rain) with many things to do mostly for younger kids. But there were things that interested us too;

CJ spiller was thrtevtaking pics with fans.
We saw Vince Young, former Texas QB
Draft beer $10 ( ouch)
On display were trophies of all the Big bowl games except the Belk Bowl ??
Then we participated in the CFP committee voting simulation to select the top 4 teams to make CFP. They took in 12 people at a time to a larger voting booth and you sat at a long table like we saw them do on TV. Each person had a computer. we had to select 6 teams out of the 30 teams displayed on our monitor in no certain order who we felt were the best based on performance before the bowls started. After everyone voted the computer compiled the results. Each monitor showed our committee results. Then ranked the teams from best to worst. Now the computer showed the top teams in order. They said this was a very abbreviated version in voting. We only did 2 rounds to rate the teams. But the real committee did many rounds and involved at times heated discussion. It was pretty cool.

We then were to an Irish pub https://www.oflahertyspub.com/. Packed with Clemson fans. We drank a few at ate supper. The pub was probably too crowded. Clemson Fire Marshall would have shut them down. Lol.
This was in San Pedro square, a cool place in San Jose that we would have enjoyed more if it were not raining so bad.
So we went back to hotel to rest for game day.
We will leave our hotel around 8am local time to hit grocery store to get tail gate supplies. We park in levi stadium parking lot. No rain forecasted for today but cloudy with high around 60 degrees. Mid 50’s game time but no rain. The field has been covered since Friday. As we flew in we could see the the tarp still there.
South Carolina has 5 million in the entire state.
Atlanta metro has 5 million.
Bay Area 7 million but from what we have seen so far in San Jose no real tall buildings. And not much congestion on the roads. But that may change today which is a workday.
Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Summary of things in San Jose yesterday

Jan 7, 2019, 7:29 AM

Thanks, that was pretty neat. Kinda made you feel right there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dunno if you saw but you made it into USA Today

Jan 7, 2019, 8:05 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/01/05/college-football-alabama-clemson-matchup-also-clash-cultures/2472028002/
Thanks for the update ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dunno if you saw but you made it into USA Today

Jan 7, 2019, 8:12 AM

### media follow me everywhere, just like TMZ. Lol.
Thanks for letting me know.

Check out Santana Row in downtown San Jose....

Jan 7, 2019, 8:11 AM

http://www.santanarow.com

Perhaps my favorite destination in SJC for restaurants.

Here's to hoping you shut Th' Row down after the Tigers win their second national title in 3 years as well as the Silicon Valley knowing about Clemson University after this game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

California in general doesn't have a ton of tall buildings.

Jan 7, 2019, 8:39 AM

It's just urban sprawl everywhere. I stayed in Santa Monica with a friend for a week about 10 years ago and i was shocked to see mile after mile of 1-3 story houses and apartments all over southern CA.

GO TIGERS! Yell loud for me***

Jan 7, 2019, 8:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic