Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beto showing some ?? ?? ??.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Beto showing some ?? ?? ??.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:08 PM

Dayum

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he left out the how part when asked about will you

Sep 12, 2019, 9:24 PM

confiscate guns and how will you do it

Message was edited by: henry®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said hail yes he’d take your guns. I admire his guts.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:28 PM

He’s winning this thing after they got off the healthcare wonkfest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but he failed the how part***

Sep 12, 2019, 9:32 PM

with his bare hands - that’s understood***

Sep 12, 2019, 9:34 PM

I love how Pubs hear “we’ll take your AR-15s” and equate that

Sep 12, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to He said hail yes he’d take your guns. I admire his guts. ]

to Democrats want to ban all guns. The stupidity from Pubs on guns is amazing, it makes it impossible to even have a rational discussion. Maybe that’s a strategy, I don’t know. Hard to get in the mind of morons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know the difference between an AR-15 and a

Sep 13, 2019, 7:35 AM

Marlin Model 60? And why if one is banned the other would not be?

asking for a friend.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I highly doubt it. Hard to have a "rational discussion"

Sep 13, 2019, 9:43 AM

with people who have no idea what they're talking about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I highly doubt it. Hard to have a "rational discussion"

Sep 14, 2019, 11:38 AM

Having no understanding has never stopped you from talking about anything.

When a conservative says something about climate change, do you quiz them on physics? I didn't think so.

Can we not have a simple GDMF game day barley lamp?

Sep 14, 2019, 11:47 AM

Just once?

Maybe?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you some kind of physics major***

Sep 14, 2019, 1:47 PM

So you can't answer HuntClub's question? Not surprising

Sep 16, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I highly doubt it. Hard to have a "rational discussion" ]

You'd think people who are so passionate about taking away gun rights would at least make a half assed attempt to educate themselves about them...but you don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you know the difference between an AR-15 and a

Sep 15, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Do you know the difference between an AR-15 and a ]

I do. The AR-15 is a military grade, high velocity weapon that shoots the .223 or 5.56 Nato round.
It was developed for the military as a replacement for the M1 and M14 rifles. Its round is designed to tumble for maximum damage. The AR-15 can be chambered for other rounds up to the .45 caliber. It comes with a 30 round capacity magazine that allows you to shoot 30 people in about 30 seconds.

The Marlin Model 60 is a wooden stock long rifle that shoots the 22 LR bullet. It's great for squirrel hunting (only ####### use a shotgun to shoot squirrels). It can't be chambered for anything other than the 22LR. That bullet is only 40 gr.

I can shoot you with the Marlin at 50 yds and you can pull the bullet out with a pair of tweezers.
I can shoot you with an AR-15 at 50 yds and not only will it make jello out of your insides, it will leave an exit hole the size of your fist.

There is no comparison between the 2 guns other than they're both semi-automatic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you know the difference between an AR-15 and a

Sep 15, 2019, 5:02 PM

Felix, nice try but there are some glaring errors in your post.

A .223 or NATO 5.56 will only tumble if impact velocity is above 2400FPS, you need to look at some ballistic tables. Also .223 rounds have bullet grain weight below some .22 ammo. .223 ammo impacting at lower than 2400FPS just punches small diameter holes and it was designed to wound, theory was that for each man wounded it takes 3 out the battle to carry the wounded out. Now CQB it does do what you say and the shock wave is destructive as long as it arrives at or above 2400FPS.

I know that many feel these evil black rifles should be banned, thing is not one of mine has jumped up and went on a shooting spree. Any gun is a tool, how one chooses to wield it depends outcomes.

You say you know but you reponse indicates you don't

Sep 15, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you know the difference between an AR-15 and a ]

sorry to be so blunt but no one will pull a .22 bullet out of their "body" with a pair of tweezers having been shot at a distance of 50 yards.

also, the Marlin model 60 could also be considered a high capacity weapon - and i guarantee you i can shoot a full tube in 10 seconds or less. Hey, wonder if there is anything out there that will help me load that tube faster?

take a look at that little old .22lr

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/10/09/drywall-penetration-9mm-vs-223-vs-22-lr/

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=838697

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I love how Pubs hear “we’ll take your AR-15s” and equate that

Sep 14, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I love how Pubs hear “we’ll take your AR-15s” and equate that ]

SO genius, if one limits magazine capacity to 10 and uses a release button that requires a tool is that good enough for you? Or is it semi-auto guns you want banned in entirety? Maybe just the black scary looking ones? How about those that operate exactly the same with benign wood stocks ? Maybe they will be okay since they are not scary looking.

How about it? Just rifles or are you guys gonna lump in shotguns and pistols that use a semi-auto action? Inquiring minds would love an answer.

Well first, I’m not going to pretend to have the answer.

Sep 15, 2019, 11:28 PM

Magazine capacity definitely should be limited. I can’t see why anyone would need a capacity of more than say, 6, but if someone has a rational reason to convince lawmakers they need more than that, then fine. Scary looking has nothing to do with it. Semi-auto doesn’t need to be banned in my opinion. Biggest thing I would want to change would be magazine capacity limits.

The point is, it doesn’t matter my opinion, but something needs to change and a healthy discussion from informed lawmakers on each side need to work towards a change. Those on the right that equate “gun law reform” with banning all guns are nutjobs that cannot be reasoned with.

Re: Well first, I’m not going to pretend to have the answer.

Sep 16, 2019, 7:10 AM

Magazine capacity is the low hanging fruit of the issue. Ban them to feel good but there are likely over 50 million plus out there and not tracked. Not many AR owners only have 1 and an estimated 15M AR rifles out there.

Last ban the capacity limit was 10 I do believe, Ca. Has a limit of 5 with a bullet release button to detach the magazine. Shooter in Ca. Modified release.

Lol Beto, Pedro, Robert Francis whatever

Sep 13, 2019, 8:54 AM

Not suitable for a presidency, at all...

http://imgur.com/a/j3pMBtA

Yeah, I took the high road and didn't mention all that.***

Sep 13, 2019, 8:59 AM

Suddenly you want to impose standards?***

Sep 15, 2019, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Lol Beto, Pedro, Robert Francis whatever ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm generally in favor of making illegal the purchase

Sep 13, 2019, 9:16 AM

of certain types of weaponry that serve no practical purpose beyond large-scale destruction of human life, but I'm not in favor of the government taking people's property that they legally purchased and have committed no crime with.

I would probably be in favor of a program for people to voluntarily turn such weaponry over to the government for destruction, with a financial incentive. In fact, I don't see why some very wealthy anti-gun folks haven't taken upon themselves to do this as a form of charity.

that last part is a fairly easy answer

Sep 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

it's a lot easier to tweet about it than to actually do something.

the gun buyback charity sounds like a solid idea actually.

I don't own a gun especially an AR15.

Sep 16, 2019, 10:43 AM

I promise, cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic