Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris on QB rotation at Florida St.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris on QB rotation at Florida St.

Sep 15, 2014, 11:45 AM

Chad Morris on QB rotation at Florida St.

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh lawd...as if we didn't have enough to complain about already

Sep 15, 2014, 11:46 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Could of transferred?***

Sep 15, 2014, 11:48 AM

####'s that mean! Anyone can transfer

could have?

Sep 15, 2014, 11:53 AM

I of no idea

Ya have to agree with Morris

Sep 15, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Could of transferred?*** ]

because Stoudt could have transferred...
that mean he deserves to play, and he's the better QB.

duh.

Re: Ya have to agree with Morris

Sep 15, 2014, 12:39 PM

Cole could have transferred, and he would have played where ever he transferred to. We had Kelly in Clemson a year after. But Kelly would have been gone now either way. How many think that Kelly would have sit behind Watson with Watson winning the job from Kelly. Kelly would have done and acted the very same way regardless even if he himself would have felt that Watson was the Better QB. Kelly felt and believed he was privileged, and the job should have been his b/c of just who he was. Its been Kelly's way or no way his whole life. With Cole and Watson being respectful as they are to each other. They both believe and understand that Cole should have the first chance at leading their team. If Cole was doing things that caused us to lose games and Watson was much better at winning games. I'm sure Cole would step aside and surrender the job without either of them losing trust or respect for each other. But at this point, Cole hasn't done anything that deserves the starting job to be taken from him. Those two guys are good friends that care for and support each other. And a supposively spit fan base has no right to try and destroy that. Replacing Cole without him doing anything that has hurt the team, that could very well spit the team. If that happens, we lose more games than we should have lost no matter who the QB is. This will work its way out on the field, if there is anything to work out. Both our QBs understand their role and are OK with it. Its some of our fans and a chit load of other fan bases that are stirring up a controversy. But our coaches and players see exactly whats happening here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 PM

I just can't possibly disagree more.. I keep seeing this stuff about internet and fans stirring up controversy. How can it be this "made up" controversy when I see with my own two eyes that Watson looks better?

Sep 15, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Ya have to agree with Morris ]

Can't talk like that on here.....you make too much sense!

Sep 15, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Ya have to agree with Morris ]

Watson hasn't had a fair chance I mean if cole is the starter fine, redshirt Watson or don't let cole get all the snap vs. Scst but I think they should let Watson play and show he can take the job or stop taking your so called starter out before the game is won can we agree on that ?

It would be unfair to Watson to start

Sep 15, 2014, 3:08 PM

him at FSU. Freshman would be overwhelmed.

Re: It would be unfair to Watson to start

Sep 15, 2014, 4:39 PM

Yeah, look at how poorly Jameis Winston played as a freshman last year. (I know he was a redshirt.)

Here's the thing: The coaches have seen a lot more of the QBs than the fans have. They see them every day in practice. If Watson was clearly better, I trust the coaches would make him the main QB. (They have some very big paychecks on the line.) I think all this talk from Dabo and Chad about loyalty and patience just muddies the waters. I believe they think Stoudt gives them the best chance to win. I've got no problem with Stoudt starting. If he's successful, leave him in. If he's struggling, bring Watson in. I don't think the coaches are going to sacrifice a game just to reward someone for his good attitude.

Ah, common sense. Will confuse a lot of these Clemson

Sep 16, 2014, 8:50 AM

fans and especially the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to It would be unfair to Watson to start ]

Couldn't the same be said about Winston last year? Look how that turned out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 9:43 PM

The true studs know they are studs. The coaches do as well. These freshman stars size up their upper class competition before they even sign. People like jameis Winston and deshaun Watson knew when they got there they would wait no more than a year to start. Anyone who thought stoudt would come in and be a heisman contender was fooling themselves from the start. DW is a baller. He's not some wus like Keanu reeves in the replacements movie with a fragile psyche. I've seen freshman who were too fragile mentally to compete. Then we see those that step in like a freak show and throw darts down field with ease while leading their team efficiently and effectively to touchdowns. It's obvious to me he's not a fragile kid. It is so obvious that cole is getting senior treatment as opposed to being the better player. Seems obvious that dabo thinks cole is the one with the fragile psyche. I think dabo is protecting cole as opposed to protecting DW. We have no Sammy or nuk to bail us out. Our game changer is DW and our only hope of winning this game is with DW playing the whole game. A five star dual threat qb is the ultimate gamechanger in college football today.

See what kind of tune you will be singing in November.

Sep 16, 2014, 8:57 AM

Coots might get more than they wish for.

Sep 15, 2014, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Ya have to agree with Morris ]

Stoudt transferring to another school? What division 1-aa school would want him?

Sep 15, 2014, 9:24 PM

Who whoa. Thats a little below the belt. Olsen (whom I went to hs with) came from another D1 is currently 4th on the roster so Im sure someone wouldve taken Stoudt.

wut?

Sep 15, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Oh lawd...as if we didn't have enough to complain about already ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: wut?

Sep 15, 2014, 3:55 PM

DW will play more Sat night than he did vs UGA, because of the flow of the game.

Re: Oh lawd...as if we didn't have enough to complain about.***

Sep 15, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Oh lawd...as if we didn't have enough to complain about already ]

Whew!....I feel better, they have a plan for Watson , Cole,is the starter and this is a great opportunity for Cole....glad they cleared up all of the question here on Tnet.

great opportunity for Cole, just means it's his to lose.

Sep 15, 2014, 11:54 AM

This IS the game that decides who the starting QB is the rest of the year. Cole loses the job through his performance and the coaches will just tell him , we gave you the chance we promised you and you didn't make the most of it. Nothing to argue about here.

Re: great opportunity for Cole, just means it's his to lose.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:09 PM

The only problem with that is either QB could win the rest of the games after FSU (except S. Carolina and bowl game). Just hope we are not putting ourselves behind the eight ball because of loyalty. Both QBs have looked good, but FSU is a different animal!

Sep 15, 2014, 12:11 PM

Also, I think we CAN win with Cole. I am just anxious for our offense to look more like Auburn's with a true running threat at QB.

Sep 15, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to great opportunity for Cole, just means it's his to lose. ]

Tigers accept the loss, team wins out balance of season. Venables moves on to be HC somewhere and we bring in Muschamp. Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. Love Clemson for feeling the way they do about being obligated to play a QB that hung in there, but those big salaries are there to drive wins and program recognition. Whether or not Cole gets the short end of the stick or not has not impact on the program. PLAY TO WIN.

I wish that were true

Sep 16, 2014, 8:36 AM [ in reply to great opportunity for Cole, just means it's his to lose. ]

Unfortunately the coaches havent given us an indication that its Coles job to lose. They've outright said he is and will be the starter. I cant stand this crap!

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris on QB rotation at Florida St.

So glad we don't play the best players and we play the guy thats been there the longest. Think im gonna take that ideal to my company. I will promote the people that have been sub par for a long time over someone that has been outstanding for a short people of time. It will work out.

So... It's still up in the air?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already exists, it's called the VA Hospital system

Sep 15, 2014, 8:30 PM

Or any government run entity for that matter.

Because that UGA plan worked out so well

Sep 15, 2014, 11:54 AM

smdh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smdh?? Scratching my dumb head?

Sep 15, 2014, 12:00 PM

Cuatfl- couldn't resist!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because that UGA plan worked out so well

Sep 15, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Because that UGA plan worked out so well ]

Watson has played less than a 3rd of the snaps but only has one less touchdown? I mean come on... The Chad has turned out to be quite the tool of late. Wonder if this is Dabo ' s loyalty bs or Chad is making the call.

Re: Because that UGA plan worked out so well

Sep 15, 2014, 1:28 PM

> Watson has played less than a 3rd of the snaps but
> only has one less touchdown? I mean come on... The
> Chad has turned out to be quite the tool of late.
> Wonder if this is Dabo ' s loyalty bs or Chad is
> making the call.
Idk about how many drive have lead to TD's but I can say that cole has thrown for 1 TD nd Watson has 4 plus cole only got that 1 vs scst so in every game Watson has thrown for more TD's and that's going to be the case for the rest of the games

So we will see more of Watson. Coach speak.

Sep 15, 2014, 11:58 AM

What do you want him to do? Say we are going with Watson 1/2 or 2/3rds of the time and have them gameplan?

Re: So we will see more of Watson. Coach speak.

He could have just said, we're going to do what we need to do to score, and left it at that.

This is basically what ppl have been trying to say...

Sep 15, 2014, 11:59 AM

most of the "controversy" is just people on the internet being bored.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Chad wanted Watson to play but Dabo is forcing

him to start Cole. Right dumpers?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Chad wanted Watson to play but Dabo is forcing

Sep 15, 2014, 9:21 PM

Chad is towing the company line as dictated by dabo. Do you honestly think the offensive genius who has to call plays wouldn't want DW playing qb. Don't you get it? When the play calling went conservative and we lost at Uga, who got the blame? Chad. Not dabo. Why? Because chad is responsible for the offense. If we win, dabo can't get enough camera time talking about how he loves clemson. When we lose, he steps aside and makes chad explain why we couldn't get more than 15 yards in second half. Either way, dabo doesn't take the blame.

Stupidity abounds.***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:01 AM

Sep 15, 2014, 12:08 PM

Neither is going to do much buried under a pile of FSU

Sep 15, 2014, 12:18 PM

players if the OL doesn't get it together. In that scenario, I'd rather have Cole dealing with it. I don't know if Watson's running threat would do much against FSU if the pocket collapses before he's done dropping back. Chad better have straightened out the hot routes.

"Cole Stoudt is the starter"

Sep 15, 2014, 12:20 PM

L

There's something in these hills.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:27 PM

I believe this is more Dabo then Chad. Stout is Dabo recruit and DW is Chads recruit.

I am starting to feel TBish.

Stupidity abounds.***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:02 AM

dabo was even loyal to parker..

Sep 15, 2014, 12:34 PM

even though he was stinking it up to protect himself for baseball.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 PM

Morris comments are crap!!
1. Nobody loved Cole Stodt when Tahj was the QB.
2. Everyone does like controversy, we like winning.
3. Morris is trying keep calm, but he knows that he will be under the gun if Stoudt continues to play below average.
4. Cole Stoudt is a scout team QB!

Wish the coaches would say less about it...

Sep 15, 2014, 12:54 PM

I know they are harassed by media, but they're not appeasing the complainers by saying such things...they're just adding fuel to the fire...

Oh well, guess they can't please everyone when it comes to divulging information either...

Do you really think that the coaches are influenced by

Sep 16, 2014, 9:05 AM

posters on an internet site? If so, they need to be in another profession. These same posters could perform brain surgery by looking at film.

Was he promised no competition of the QB job?

Sep 15, 2014, 1:19 PM

Geez...come on Morris, you have to be smarter than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he is starting because he could have transferred....

Sep 15, 2014, 2:32 PM

so we have another helicopter parent situation again. You think Dabo would have learned his lesson from Kyle Parker's helicopter parents

Kyle Parker's parents have got in your head for some reason.***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:06 AM

OMG! We are DOOMED! with this guy as Co Captain

Sep 15, 2014, 3:38 PM

Get blown out by GA. Lets do the same thing against the Number one team in the Nation and see if it turns out better...Well DUH DA!

Then he says this is Pay Back to Stoudt for not leaving

Sep 15, 2014, 3:41 PM

Well waaaaahhh! How about lets play the best player and try to win the freakin game! dayum Lord Help us!

Sep 15, 2014, 3:42 PM

The key to winning da game may be turnovers. But the key to losing da game is Chad “Cornbread” Morris’ insistence he will show the fans who is boss. I like that in a man, stubbornness to a fault — you go Cornbread! I just like you. I believe a person earns right to play by how long they been there — not how well they play. I want Cornbread to stick with this approach all season — don’t care if we win another game: not me or Cornbread.
Cornbread you show these unruly fans a thing or to. Give’m a 1 and 11 season. That shut them up Cornbread — Hang tough Cornbread cause you da man!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic