Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student tickets: idea from Saban's playbook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Student tickets: idea from Saban's playbook

Oct 10, 2017, 12:43 PM

A few years ago, Bama had this same issue with students not filling up the seats or leaving early.

So Saban made it simple with this message: either students show up and stay the whole game so the student section stays packed, or NO student tickets.

That doesnt mean no free tickets, that doesnt mean tickets at a discounted student rate, that doesnt mean an IPTAY sponsored student ticket program. That means NO MORE STUDENT TICKETS. Meaning you as a student will only get into the game if you either 1. join the band or 2. you pay face value cost for individual or season tickets and be subjected to the system every other fan is subjected to.

Guess what? As soon as Saban put that message out, the students showed up and stayed.

Give them the rest of the season to get it together. If they dont, too bad.

Until now, I have been one of the most vocal proponents of free tickets for students, and have been for several years. I'm a young alumnus, only a year and a half removed from Clemson. I was one of the first to start the "free ticket" petitions a few years ago and I delivered it to DRad's desk.

The Athletic Department listened and maintained the free tickets, and student government tried to make the system more efficient (they failed miserably). But now the students have failed even more miserably. You whine and complain and protest for free tickets, but you dont even go or sta at the game when you've received them?? Seriously???

You don't deserve ANY tickets at this point. Scrap the student ticket allotment entirely and ope all of those tickets up to alumni and fans who will keep those stands packed the whole game. I'm done with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with your argument about the student tickets completely.

Oct 10, 2017, 12:46 PM

What about the other fans who show up late or leave early?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You mean those fans that paid for a ticket?

Oct 10, 2017, 12:58 PM

I think you missed the thrust of the argument.

Re: You mean those fans that paid for a ticket?

Oct 10, 2017, 2:07 PM

You mean the students that pay about 16 grand a year to clemson. Get off your high horse because you bought a ticket

Re: Agree with your argument about the student tickets completely.

Oct 10, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Agree with your argument about the student tickets completely. ]

I would say you've got a point, but I dont think I agree.

I have been to every home game this season, and in BC and Wake, the student section was almost empty in the 3rd quarter whereas every other section seemed full. So I dont agree that other fans are leaving early, because I havent seen other fans leaving early on the same scale as the students for me to agree with your point.

I think its pretty clear that:

1. Those who pay for these tickets are more likely to stay
2. Loyal alumni like us have it ingrained in our DNA to never leave early
3. Snowflakes are leaving early/those students who dont leave early arent getting tickets.

Re: Student tickets: idea from Saban's playbook

Oct 10, 2017, 12:57 PM

Something free is never appreciated as much as something earned! The Hill is as much a part of Clemson Football as anything and if it is not respected, then those unwilling to do so should "keep their filthy feet off our Hill!" (so to speak)

Re: Student tickets: idea from Saban's playbook

Oct 10, 2017, 1:06 PM

I don't get either with these kids. I stayed for every game unless it was a cupcake where I stayed for 3/4ths of it. The ACC games I was there 90 minutes before kick off until the clock hit 0:00

can't imagine how miserable a game in DV would be without students

Oct 10, 2017, 1:46 PM

Might as be a Panthers game. I'd rather have 5000 students than 15000 old $30000 a year and I own the AD types.

This wouldn't work for so many reasons.

Saban has been using empty threats on those morons for years and they just continue to worship him.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

I agree, but what do you do when only 2000 of the 5000 show up?***

Oct 10, 2017, 1:52 PM

You definitely have to make changes

Oct 10, 2017, 1:55 PM

I am extremely pissed that the students are missing these games with us having a #2 ranking. I made every home and away game while I was in college and we weren't anywhere close to this level.

But eliminating student tickets would be a massive mistake.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Re: I agree, but what do you do when only 2000 of the 5000 show up?***

Oct 10, 2017, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I agree, but what do you do when only 2000 of the 5000 show up?*** ]

You play football jeez

If you really have Saban's playbook, which I doubt you do, I

Oct 10, 2017, 1:54 PM

think the coaching staff may want to have a look.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic