Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student ticket system still sux....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,320

Student ticket system still sux....

Aug 11, 2018, 8:34 AM

My sophomore son got lottery-ized right into the upper deck. Student iptay membership meant nothing. Don’t blame him when the hill is empty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monitored usage and in-season change for nonuse...

Aug 11, 2018, 8:41 AM

I think that would have an immediate impact... Winning the lottery isn't always a good thing for some....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monitored usage and in-season change for nonuse...

Aug 11, 2018, 9:04 AM

Upper deck did not sell out. Not giving students better tickets could eventually catch up to CU and sales.

Students have been in the upper deck for at least 30 years.

Aug 11, 2018, 11:16 AM

There’s nothing wrong with the upper deck.

That stinks, but students were never guaranteed lower

Aug 11, 2018, 9:21 AM

bowl tickets. I remember getting upper deck tickets to some games back in the early 90's when I was a student. There were actually several student groups/clubs that were assigned to the upper deck back then.

Most of the time, I got lower bowl tickets though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Student ticket system still sux....

Aug 11, 2018, 10:31 AM

My son is a rising senior with 112 credit hours. He has attended all but one home game over the past three years (even bought ticket plan as a Bridge student) and was offered upper deck seats on the paid students seats just made available. He was at two of the last three ACCCGames and numerous away games (even Boston College two years ago). It would have been unheard of a senior student who participated as much as he has getting upper deck seats back when I was a senior 34 years ago. While I appreciate the demand for tickets, the system for students is still broken, even the ones willing to pay for their seats!

Sorry but I sat in the upper deck as a soph every game &

Aug 11, 2018, 11:24 AM

yelled my lungs out. BTW, my senior son who is in IPTAY applied for the student season ticket and didn't get it. His response via text yesterday? "Oh well. Still a great season ahead."

Sorry your son didn't get what he wanted but if he doesn't want to attend because of where he seat is as a sophomore, then I guess the rest of the students and us older folks will just have to yell a little louder.

Go Tigers!

i can't believe people legitimately complain

Aug 11, 2018, 11:36 AM

About getting upper deck tickets.

I think it trickles down from their parents, who

Aug 11, 2018, 11:41 AM

B1rch and moan when they don’t get 50 yard line seats on the aisle for their $500 donation to IPTAY and 1 year of giving.

Just spitballing though.

Re: I think it trickles down from their parents, who

Aug 11, 2018, 12:00 PM

Graduated 32 years ago. Mainly sat in a fraternity block. I know that there were less students then but students in early to mid 80's received good tickets. My mother always said (84 now) that students deserved at least once in their life to have good seats as when they graduated they would not. Because they were students and the reason that there was even a school.

it is just wrong for students not to have better seats imho. Again once in a life time.

The seats they have today are not much different than when I was

Aug 11, 2018, 3:27 PM

a student in the late 80’s. (I started in 87). Basically one section was taken from those days.

It would be fun to see IPTAY give the 50 yard line seats to students and watch the fallout.

Re: I think it trickles down from their parents, who

Aug 11, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I think it trickles down from their parents, who ]

Graduated 32 years ago. Mainly sat in a fraternity block. I know that there were less students then but students in early to mid 80's received good tickets. My mother always said (84 now) that students deserved at least once in their life to have good seats as when they graduated they would not. Because they were students and the reason that there was even a school.

it is just wrong for students not to have better seats imho. Again once in a life time.

Howard level doner 2 years , 4th year IPTAY member, CU '84

Aug 11, 2018, 12:34 PM

My seats for the last 2 years...visitors side, upper deck row 23 (of 40), 30 yard line. Clemson football is a HOT ticket right now. Based on an IPTAY e-mail, only 272 of the 55,000 IPTAY tickets were given up from last year to this year. I know that as long as the Clemson train keeps steaming hard down the tracks that my seats ain't gonna' change much. That being said, I am going to happily drive 9 hours one-way to see my beloved Tigers play all 7 home games. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: Student ticket system still sux....

Aug 11, 2018, 1:57 PM

graduated in 1978 and we all sat lower level. As freshmen we sat in section GG (green grass), sophomore 10 - 20 yard line, junior 20-30 as senior it felt like almost at the 50. My senior year several of us made sure we could be nearly first in line Monday mornings. Probably about 12 of us sat together, back then we could always cram 2 or 3 more. We never sat down anyway.

74' 7-4 , and 1st time undefeated at home

75' 2 -9

76 3-6-2

77 8-3-1

to be honest , win, lose, draw we loved every minute of it. Although sometimes the walk back up the hill was quite sad.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic