Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student ticket system needs to be changed immediately
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Student ticket system needs to be changed immediately

Oct 18, 2015, 6:09 PM

Left during the first quarter to use the rest room and I, along with many others, was not allowed back into my seat until late in the third quarter. My sister had a ticket and wasn't even allowed in the game. Employees claimed they were "Over capacity" and it was against fire code. People were climbing over fences and sneaking through the railings to get to their seat with a valid ticket. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. Online printable tickets have created the issue as now many people are creating fake tickets to get closer. I was absolutely livid as I had great seats and couldn't enjoy them for over half of the game.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Student ticket system needs to be changed immediately

Oct 18, 2015, 6:15 PM

Email CUSG, AD, and IPTAY. They won't care, but you will feel better. They saw that the basketball lottery was a failure and didn't change that. No reason to expect a change for this situation - especially since they probably spent a ton of money on the worthless software.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 6:19 PM

What's wrong with the ####ers in the stadium?

Oct 18, 2015, 6:19 PM

I hope you call IPTAY or the ticket office tomorrow and complain because I agree that is ridiculous. We need as many students in seats as possible!

Back in "The Day"

Oct 18, 2015, 6:35 PM

students would pickup a "real" ticket on their assigned day during the week. If students weren't sitting in the right place, I guess we would self-police it and tell students to move on if it was over-crowded and if they weren't even close to the right place.

I've seen ushers these days at student sections checking tickets of each and every student attempting to enter their section, so it sound like you're saying the usher is the person who wouldn't let you return to your seat. If so, I agree it sounds messed up. I don't understand a student showing up at the gate with a valid bar code with student ID and being turned away. If that's the way it's going down these days, then it sounds like someone has put an idiot in charge of student ticketing and given authority to a bunch of cave men.

Re: Back in "The Day"

Oct 18, 2015, 6:43 PM

I come early to get closer. I was supposed to be section UB and moved to Section instead 90 minutes before kick off. You want to solve the problem? GET THERE EARLY.

Give me a TD, I don't care. I'm there way early.

Oct 18, 2015, 6:44 PM

And just enter through section D or C. They don't check students. I left at half time and had no problem coming back to my seat.

Sometimes I wonder how some of these prople

Oct 18, 2015, 7:12 PM

Got accepted to Clemson to begin with....

Oct 18, 2015, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Back in "The Day" ]

I was there very early, well before the game started. I was already in my seat but the problem occurred when I left for the bathroom. That's out of my control. I'm early to every game and yell all game as loudly as anyone.

Yep, back in the day, that system was flawless. Why in

Oct 19, 2015, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Back in "The Day" ]

the world would anybody change it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meanwhile, there were rows and rows and rows of empty seats

Oct 18, 2015, 7:28 PM

in the Upper Deck student section.

Seems some folks (not talking about you) have an entitlement issue and think they are too good to sit in the UD, so they manage to overcrowd the lower deck.

There's your problem, not a ticket allotment issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: meanwhile, there were rows and rows and rows of empty seats

Oct 18, 2015, 7:51 PM

How do they get into lower deck without a valid ticket?

Oct 18, 2015, 8:00 PM

I'm assuming if tickets are printable you could get someone with a valid ticket to simply scan it and print a copy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 8:03 PM

Yeah. Pretty messed up how easily manipulated the system is...

IPTAY members should get a ticket chip implanted. Mark of the tiger!

Oct 18, 2015, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: meanwhile, there were rows and rows and rows of empty seats ]

Each printable ticket has an unique UPC barcode. If you print two, the barcode becomes invalid and you have to go to the ticket office to get a new ticket. People without tickets get in the way they always have with transfer the stamp they give you when you leave. There's nothing wrong with the new ticketing system.

Oct 18, 2015, 8:44 PM

If that were the case, this wouldn't be a new issue and it wouldn't have started right around the beginning of the game. People alter their tickets before they print them. I'm not sure if the scanner recognizes that the bar code is for an upper deck ticket or what, but that's the explanation I got from the manager who was involved in the situation yesterday. I will definitely be following up.

that would be my guess

Oct 18, 2015, 8:57 PM

maybe an upper deck valid ticket will get you into the lower deck - what if the scanner cannot differentiate the difference? - so UD ticketholders just enter in the lower deck gates and squeeze in the student section with buddies.

Section A upper deck always looks pretty barren, so those people are going somewhere (assuming all student tickets are being used).

Ever since they cut down on the number of students

Oct 18, 2015, 10:58 PM

on the hill and assigned students all the way to the top of the upper deck, those last few rows have always been empty. Back in the day the students didn't have seats all the way to the top and it was always filled. Then they cut the capacity on the hill by 2000 and moved them to the top of the upper deck. The students just go to the hill anyway. Its stupid!

Oct 18, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: meanwhile, there were rows and rows and rows of empty seats ]

dmerritt, I must disagree with you, at least in the Upper Deck. We are IPTAY members who have been in our same seats for about 10 years - we have seats on both the 4th and 6th rows (and we've been in the same section, TDC, just up a little higher for 25 yrs). Most of the lower part of TDC is all IPTAY season ticket holders. We don't miss a game and we get there early to watch warm-ups, band stuff, etc. Many of the folks around us - also long-time season ticket holders - come closer to game time. This year, EVERY SINGLE WEEK we watch our friends have to move students out of their seats, because apparently the way they are coding their tickets now, they believe they may sit anywhere in TDC if their ticket says TDC...which is not true. It has been very frustrating, and could be fixed with the very simple solution of clearly stating where students may sit instead of labeling them as generally as they are apparently doing now. For the record, we never saw this problem in our section before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You enter the upper deck, get your hand stamped

Oct 18, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: meanwhile, there were rows and rows and rows of empty seats ]

then have a friend meet you and your other upper deck friends outside with lower deck seats and you all get in. Also, you can walk in with a few lower deck people and put all your tickets together and have them scan at one time. That works also if the person just scans and doesn't pay attention.

Oct 18, 2015, 8:22 PM

What section was that in?

the more i read stuff like this,

Oct 18, 2015, 8:55 PM

the more i feel like was a general $h!thead as a student (2000--2004)

I don't ever remember sitting in exactly my seat. we had a block of seats and you just went to the general area.

have friends in from out of town? bring em on over.

i can't tell you how many people we got into a Clem/SCar game with this method:
enter stadium
walk away and circle back to exit line
get handstamped
re-enter stadium
go to top of hill
rub stamp on friends hand
pass them stub through gate
wait for them to enter stadium

Pessimistic reply: that's wrong and shouldn't have happened
optimistic reply: more people cheering for the tigers

-----------
do they really have ushers for the student section?
do kids these days really sit in their assigned seats?

i don't think the students ever really care about assigned

Oct 18, 2015, 11:01 PM

seats. I know I didn't. I think they just have cracked down on enforcing it. If that is the case then yes it would be more important.

Re: i don't think the students ever really care about assigned

Oct 19, 2015, 12:33 AM

Yeah I didn't mean my exact seat specifically, but my general location. They wouldn't let any of us back in the section at all is what I'm saying. Even though we all had tickets.

Oct 19, 2015, 12:14 AM

ALOT of people have been forging their tickets this season and they've made it really easy to do so with printable tickets. Open the ticket with paint or some sort of photoshop, change where the ticket is for (Upper Deck->On The Hill) and you'd never know anything was changed. Bring back camping out and legitimate tickets!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic