Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student seating at Michigan -- interesting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,546

Student seating at Michigan -- interesting

Jun 24, 2014, 7:41 PM

http://www2.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201406/college-football-fan-stadium-students-business-tv-ncaa-michigan-tickets?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl31%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D492522

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This long article is FANtastic....must read! It should be

Jun 24, 2014, 8:15 PM

sent to DRad, the new "CEO" of IPTAY, and every CUAD administrator. Wouldn't hurt to send to BOT and President. This article is right on target!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, an excellent article. Hits the nail on the head.***

Jun 24, 2014, 8:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, an excellent article. Hits the nail on the head.***

Jun 24, 2014, 8:47 PM

Here , here!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you want CUAD to turn down tv $$? L0L!!***

Jun 24, 2014, 9:22 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

That's the problem with all of sports and even every

Jun 24, 2014, 9:40 PM

facet of life nowadays. Profit drives everything, and you'll notice as profit becomes the goal, the quality goes down.

Profit has always driven everything.***

Jun 25, 2014, 9:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Jun 25, 2014, 9:40 AM

nm

Re: Student seating at Michigan -- interesting

Jun 24, 2014, 9:41 PM

This article is right on the money. As a season ticket holder for 40 years, I have really wrestled with whether to continue to purchase season tickets or not for the last several years. This year I waited to the (supposedly) last day to order. I dont need to state my reasons because he did it for me. Clemson and all other major athletic departments need to rethink their policy of squeezing every dollar they can out of fans.

If you have good seats, somebody will scoop them up.

Jun 25, 2014, 9:33 AM

Supply and demand still rules everything but the corners of the upper deck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely true, and common sense, but

Jun 24, 2014, 11:32 PM

the greedy ######## don't care about either.

It's all about the money.

We've lost our soul.

Re: Completely true, and common sense, but

Jun 25, 2014, 12:08 AM

Fantastic article, big up to you for posting. Wow, dead on.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2014, 12:11 AM

By the way, case in point: Forcing Tiger fans to buy a ticket to some crummy pay-to-play game like SC State or the Citadel when they're already paying $90 for Georgia or FSU.

Jun 25, 2014, 12:32 AM

Things need to change in college football. For one stop playing 1aa. No one likes these games. Think the big 10 said they were gonna try.

He left out the part where...

Jun 25, 2014, 8:16 AM

UM sucks for over a decade now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He left out the part where...

Jun 25, 2014, 9:43 AM

Actually he didn't leave out that part. He mentioned that demand increased after two terrible seasons thanks to the effort of previous ADs. It doesn't have much to do with the team's success.

A lot of truth in this article. Take note DRad.

Jun 25, 2014, 9:29 AM

End the piped in music. Lower concession prices. Stop blaring ads at us. Make the experience unique and we'll keep coming back. I can watch crappy ads at home and don't have to wait 30 min to take a leak.

I was close to not renewing my seats this year...Had them for almost 20 years.

That article is perfect. I have often preached about this

Jun 25, 2014, 4:56 PM

mindset that we are somehow "shareholders" in a business who is designed to generate "wins". Clemson is much more than that. It's why I shake my head at "They could wear pink as long as we win!" Really?

If you destroy all of the connections that are woven through your team, fans and school in the name of winning, and you WIN...that's great. But you won't win forever, and when you start losing, what's to keep people coming?

Keep the student tickets free and let them all have access to tickets. Give them good seats. No upper deck for students, in my opinion. And yes...The Hill is good seats.

Lower the concession stand costs. It's ridiculous. And make them more accessible. Don't make people stand in line for 15 minutes.

Do something about the excessive TV timeouts. Other sports figured out how to make a ton of money without stopping the action. Imagine NASCAR pitting for every commercial break.

In general, lower ticket prices.

A lot of people hate the cupcake games. I have a different approach. I'm fine with them, but make the ticket $20 or something. Make it the game that a Clemson alumnus who has three kids can take them to without going broke. Heck, maybe you could deduct it off of people's season tickets and make it a single-ticket game. Give people like me (long-time upper deck sitters) a chance to sit in the lower deck. I don't know. I don't think you need to play Alabama every week.

null

Greed on occasion has led to the undoing of once

Jun 25, 2014, 7:40 PM

successful ventures.

Though not a pessimist by nature, I'm afraid we are beginning to witness a fury unleashed upon collegiate athletics as a result of that five-letter word.

I don't know the solution; however, I do know it will take a brave leader, who through herculean efforts will restore common sense and judgment into our society and be willing to say, "Enough is enough!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,546
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic