Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets

Oct 9, 2017, 5:46 PM

Clemson releases statement on student tickets

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy fix

Oct 9, 2017, 5:50 PM

Punish the students that request tickets and dont use them by not allowing them to request tickets to further games. Give those unclaimed tickets to local youth programs.

Spoiled little brats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Why are the local youth programs

Oct 9, 2017, 6:32 PM

spoiled little brats?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame the Angle Tree Foundation***

Oct 10, 2017, 10:06 AM

Froggy Fresh

Oct 9, 2017, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Easy fix ]

AKA Krispy Kreme
Nice Avatar

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easy fix

Oct 9, 2017, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Easy fix ]

This spoiled little brat thinks you're right

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Easy fix ]

please outline how and who administrates this easy fix? Sounds pretty resource intensive!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 10, 2017, 9:56 AM

Should be pretty easy, when the ticket is scanned it should be linked to a Clemson student's e-mail/account. If a ticket is not scanned then it can be assumed that student did not go, or used another ticket to get into the game, still leaving their original ticket unused.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Easy fix ]

Or how about you give them to the students who didn't get a ticket. My daughter is a senior and logs on each week and has only got tickets to one game. Something really mess up this year! ever year she has not has a problem getting a ticket even her freshman year!

Oct 10, 2017, 8:46 AM

When I was a student, I thought the allocation was fair. Seniors got tickets on Monday. Juniors on Tuesday. Sophomores on Wednesday. And what was left was for everyone else on Thursday. You could get up to 10 tickets with 10 different student IDs. Lowest class rank was determined what day you could get tickets. The ticket office opened up at 8:00 am, so if you wanted good tickets you needed to be there early. The entitlement has ruined the seniority processes.

Oct 10, 2017, 12:19 PM

That's EXACTLY how it was when I was there. It worked great!

Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets

Oct 9, 2017, 5:51 PM

What the hell does this mean: "safest possible way"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are less rules on Mauna Loa

Oct 9, 2017, 5:57 PM

an active ####### volcano.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No explosions.

Oct 9, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

They are trying to avoid explosions.

I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem"

Oct 9, 2017, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

that didn't exist and now the unintended consequences have created an actual problem.

How many years have kids and adults been sitting on the hill without issue? Now they want to make it student only and require a hill specific ticket? That might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while and it's a good way to ruin a great tradition.

And their answer? Blame it on the students. I agree the students could improve the situation by showing up early, but this is a problem Clemson Admin created.

You are correct. I haven't missed a home game since 1974,

Oct 9, 2017, 6:28 PM

and the only time I recall the north side of the hill being as empty as t was Saturday when the team came down was in 1975 when we went 2-9.

So essentially we had a system that worked

Oct 9, 2017, 9:54 PM [ in reply to I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem" ]

And they decided to "fix" it which created all sorts of problems, and now they can't figure out what to do? Seriously? Somebody's day give these guys access to a Wayback Machine or something!

Re: I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem"

Oct 10, 2017, 8:21 AM [ in reply to I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem" ]

My guess is the same idiot who thought we needed to stop fans from going onto the field at game's end is the brain child of this equally galactically stupid idea for The Hill.

Oct 10, 2017, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem" ]

This is their plan to get the students to pay for tickets and move them to the upper decks.

Oct 10, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to I think it means Clemson Admin tried to fix a "problem" ]

very good point ,I never thought of it that way ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are trying to say that camping out like

Oct 9, 2017, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

we did when we old farts were students is unsafe. Again, creating a false problem to encourage a change. Want to ensure safety? Post a police officer at the camping area. Have one of the meter maids hang out (not as profitable as ticketing students, but much more useful).

And now to rant:

There were more students in the student section than there were seats - forget sitting down, you couldn't if you wanted to. The Hill was General Admission. If you had a ticket, pile in. It was a ton of fun.

And we camped for tickets, and stood in line for tickets. If you were willing to do that, you were going to the game.

BRING BACK CAMPING FOR TICKETS! BRING BACK LINES FOR TICKETS!

Re: They are trying to say that camping out like

Oct 10, 2017, 2:21 PM

Totally agree!! Once we had our tickets we showed up early and looked down on those that left early (which means leaving before the Alma Mater was played after the game was finished)!

It's not just the students showing up after kick-off...

Oct 9, 2017, 5:58 PM

Every home game we've had this season, I've gotten to my seat in the student section ~45 minutes before kickoff. What I saw Saturday about 10 minutes before kickoff was a majority of people (not just students!!) not in their seats. I remember even last year getting on The Hill way before kickoff to get a good spot for Louisville and USC. If you re-watch the game, there is a mob of students not being let onto The Hill after the team runs down. If they remove the barricade and rope off the areas for the team to run down 15 minutes before they run down to give students the chance to get in, that might help. But I've noticed that security is not letting students on the hill with the barricades at the top and the stupid fence that separates the hill from the lower bowl. All said and done, I'm confident the athletic department/university will have it sorted out for GT.

Re: It's not just the students showing up after kick-off...

Oct 10, 2017, 8:12 AM

Athletic department and school administration are to blame 100% for this fiasco. Its like they have never run any football events.

You do realize that student government came up with the

Oct 10, 2017, 3:04 PM

new ticket policy, right? The AD just provides tickets and allows the student leaders to come up with how they divvy up tickets.

Oct 9, 2017, 6:02 PM

Spoiled brats is right. That should not be the weak link. Maybe we start charging them for tickets. But alas mom and dad will pay for it so they will still be ungrateful. If they understood how hard the players work, maybe they would attend.

when I run 10Ks and races- RFID much?

Oct 9, 2017, 6:04 PM

I run them reluctantly but my race number bib has an RFID chip that activates when I cross a wire at the start line and logs my time when I cross a wire at the finish line. Why can't this simple technology be used with Student IDs which I assume already have RFID chips in (and if not they should in the future). You would then have data on which student enters and exits (and when) and they should get priority points. Student who do not use their tickets at all should lose their right to the big games and can earn their way back by attending the full time during the "small" games.

There should be 10,000 or more on the Hill every game.

Oct 9, 2017, 6:05 PM

If the students don't want it, open it up for general admission.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Total student allotment for all spaces is about 10,000.

Oct 10, 2017, 12:35 AM

... of that 10,000, only 3,000 tickets allotted for The Hill

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 6:05 PM

For the last three games, there have been nearly 3000 student tix distributed that did not show. Revoke the tix privilege for the rest of the year from students who receive and don’t show. 3000 tix is more than $150k in revenue for the athletic dept per game.

Oct 9, 2017, 11:36 PM

"Did not show"?
OR could not GET to the Hill b/c of ridiculously limited access prior to game due to fence & only ONE Hill entrance
Not to mention SCREWED UP lottery system where 3 friends who log on at same time in order to sit together- one gets Hill, one gets Upper Deck& one gets nada/SOL.
So the 3 of them say "forget it!"
None of the above was an issue pre-DRad.

Oct 10, 2017, 12:27 AM

Yes, “did not show.” Your tickets are scanned when you come in the game, thus the ability to tell how many student tickets “did not show.”

But I do agree the current system is structured in such a way that prevents friends from enjoying the game together. No block seating and no guarantee on your seat location is a major part of the aversion to attending for students. I do hope the admin will solve this dilemma for students.

DRad has been AD since 2012-13. Was this a problem

Oct 10, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

the last several years?

Oct 10, 2017, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

I'd be interested to know the percentage of in-state students who actually use their tickets vs the percentage of out-of-state students. This would be easy to track with student ID scans and ticket bar codes.

Career Center No Shows Get Booted out - letter of apology

Oct 9, 2017, 6:08 PM

If you sign-up for an interview at the Career center you cannot sign-up for future interviews until you write a letter of apology. Seems like this easy system could be applied for tickets.

Oct 9, 2017, 6:16 PM

They had only one game close to the amount of tickets that were "Gave away", that is pure pathetic. They give them a ticket, and they still don't show up and support their team and watch the game. One time can be over looked, but do it twice and they would never get another free ticket bc that type of fan don't deserve a free ticket ever!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Several issues have been created by the administration...

Oct 9, 2017, 6:20 PM

They should have left well enough alone, instead of trying to outsmart themselves.

If the issue is/was safety, they should have worked on that very specific issue, and not make 3, 4 or 5 changes. Example: add more gates.

Even for Auburn, 10% of the students didn't come to the game. Doesn't matter the reason. Look at Wake Forest and BC, 30% didn't show up.

I have a hard time believing the lottery system (AND, not selling to groups or General Admission) is NOT the major contributor to lack of hill attendance. Sure, the kids can get their earlier, but that's not really the problem when it's halfway into the 2nd qtr and the hill is still empty on one side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem starts with the lottery system.

Oct 9, 2017, 8:38 PM

I bet there are those who didn’t even care for football, but felt like it just putting themselves for the lottery. If they won, heck yeah. They could go or sell the tickets. If not, we’ll, they didn’t care either way.

Go away from the online crap. Go back to have them stand in

Oct 9, 2017, 6:42 PM

line to get a student ticket like it was for years. If they have something invested, even if it's time and inconvenience, it will sift out a bunch of these marshmallows. If the tickets are not all picked up, sell them general admission to the public. And we don't need to be so Gestapo at the top of the hill either.

Winner !

Oct 9, 2017, 6:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go away from the online crap. Go back to have them stand in

Oct 9, 2017, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Go away from the online crap. Go back to have them stand in ]

I like your line of thinking.

We want bodies on the hill, and the current format does not guarantee that.

Fix the D @ M N thang!!

Oct 9, 2017, 7:08 PM

What pisses me off is I can’t take my young kids on The Hill to see a great tradition unless I spend more money than we already do for our “real” seats on the 25. It blows my mind that The Hill is barricaded now. Another failure by the administration. Well done.

I agree. It’s the lottery system that caused this problem.

Oct 10, 2017, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Go away from the online crap. Go back to have them stand in ]

It may seem fair and appear to be more convenient for everyone. I believe there are those who feel like putting themselves for the lottery when it’s technically free. Tickets are potentially valuable and, if they don’t sell, they don’t lose a dime.

Oct 10, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Go away from the online crap. Go back to have them stand in ]

Sure. Let's all stand in line for days to go to football game that I could easily watch on tv. It's not like I pay $47,000 a year to stand in line and miss class. Great idea.

Oct 10, 2017, 1:36 PM

No one was missing class to wait in line. Only had to have 1 person be there to not lose your spot.

Oct 9, 2017, 7:22 PM

Back in the 80s the HS football players could meet their coach on game day at West end zone and get in to the hill for $2.00

Pathetic

Oct 9, 2017, 7:35 PM

As an Alumni this is so disappointing to see.

As a side note, this is exactly why I thought students were "whining" about not being able to get into games. Clearly, tickets are available that students aren't using. Empty student seats = an indictment. Lots of students aren't going to games for whatever reason. In retrospect, "demanding" free tickets when they aren't even using the ones they're allocated was really lame sales-pitch. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to re-evaluate their understanding of supply vs. demand.

Get to the games early guys/gals....it'll be over before you know it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pathetic

Oct 9, 2017, 9:27 PM

I have to agree. Pathetic to say it mildly. As a tiger fan for 60+ years and alumni I never thought I’d see this day come at clemson.

Health and age restrict us from attending anymore but I’m saddened to see this. I got hurt several times climbing the gate after games, slipping in mud when it rained but that was always part of the experience of The Hill.

Did I miss something about the nd game? Did someone die or get mamed on The Hill that game??? Dad is probably rolling over in his grave...

Sad. Already written my letter though. That’s all I can think of to do. As students and fans we packed many a season of 3-8 5-6 etc. smdh. Pathetic!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all students are created equal

Oct 9, 2017, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Pathetic ]

Just because some students don't go to the game doesn't mean other students wouldn't. The lottery system has created a shortage of tickets by creating an increase in demand from students who wouldn't have otherwise attempted to get a ticket. These students then don't use the ticket and it looks like students are being spoiled asking for something and not using it.

Think of it this way:

10,000 tickets to be allotted
15,000 apply to get tickets
84% or 14,000 of those would go if they receive a ticket
16% or 2,000 of the 15,000 ultimately won't go even with ticket in hand
This means that despite there being a 4,000 more students who would go to the game if they had a a ticket, only 8,300 show up to the game leaving 1,600 empty seats.

They royally screwed up the ticket distribution and I'm not convinced that it's an accident. The conspiracy theorist in me think Drad might get to spin it into selling tickets to students, reducing hill capacity and putting seats in place of hill real estate, or simply revoking student ticket allotment to sell to paying customers.

none of my math works because its late, but the point stands***

Oct 9, 2017, 10:37 PM

Re: Not all students are created equal

Oct 10, 2017, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Not all students are created equal ]

I'm not sure about all of the logistics (like exactly how the lottery works, bock seating, etc...). But, block seating being curtailed seems like it's an issue re: the low student attendance.

Back when I was a student (90's) we got tickets for 4 HOME games. If you really wanted to get into the other two home games you begged, or borrowed your way into another ticket. Unless it was a big game (FSU) you could always find a student who wasn't using their ticket.

It seems that the students who aren't using their tickets are a BIG part of the attendance issue. They have a responsibility to either use their tickets, or give them to another so their aren't empty seats!

I hope the Admin. figures a way to keep the student section full and students who want to get into games can.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Pathetic ]

You have to realize that there are a bunch of students who really really really want to go to games, but they couldn’t because they couldn’t get tickets. Those are the ones who “whine” for the right reasons.

Oct 10, 2017, 5:58 AM

Not sure how Clemson screwed the pooch on this so bad but follow the mold of other schools. Give football incentives through other sports for attendance, deduct points for ones who get tickets that never get scanned. Set up a ticket transfer program 1) if you can't go it can be transferred to someone else. 2) they can haggle with students to get tickets with their friends. For instance, my friends have lowers but I have uppers. I'll give you my upper +$40 for your lower. Lots of problems/issues solved. We've given the control of the best entrance in college football to rental cops. Seems like a brilliant idea. Also for the sake of safety, having one gate in and out doesn't seem exactly safe plus the fences. Congrats, you now have 3,000 ish people in a pin essentially that sure does sound safe in today's age.

Oct 9, 2017, 8:30 PM

I think the party has become more important than the game.That's the real reason that the students either show late or not at all. Just speaking as an old fart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something I just don't understand.

Oct 9, 2017, 9:18 PM

We've just won a national championship. We're 6-0 and ranked #2 in the country. We've got an extremely bright future ahead of us both this year and the years to come. So why is there a negative undercurrent this year? It used to be said about USC that they couldn't stand success. Could it be that is true of Clemson now? I just don't get it but maybe that's the culture we live in now. No matter what people find something to complain about. I have been to games over the last two years and I hope to go this year to one and if I am able you can be sure I will be there to enjoy it. Whether it's the fans or the students if they have the tickets they need to be there. This success won't last forever and I will bet my bottom dollar if there is any hint that they aren't getting support, the coaches and prospects will look elsewhere. Again I don't know what it's all about but I'm tired of the negativity. I may get some hate for what I'm saying but whatever. I love my Tigers and I love Death Valley and 80,000 plus Tiger fans put fear in the hearts of opponents. I hope the issue can be resolved. Go Tigers!

Smart people know how to wear success well; foolish people

Oct 9, 2017, 9:36 PM

don't and soon find that success a thing of the past.

Oct 9, 2017, 9:50 PM

Oh for goodness sake, has the "cancer" (re: horrendously poor student attendance issues - such as that during basketball season) metastasized and spread to our football program? Pressure's on - CU administrators... schools competing for our future recruits and the college sports world in general will be watching. FIX IT ASAP on ALL sports fronts or get credit for letting such ill-advised "tweaks" happen under your watch... the FIX should be obvious (and simple)... personally can't see ANYONE associated with CU allowing "egg to be splattered" across the greatest "fan base" image in all of college sports!

GO TIGERS!

Oct 9, 2017, 9:57 PM

There is obviously something going on with the new ticketing system. My oldest daughter is a Senior and this is the first year she has ever had a problem even getting a ticket. Apparently, if you miss your allotted "online" time, you cannot get a ticket at all. In the past, even with online ticketing, there was a day when anyone could request tickets. My daughter is not the only upper classman who has had this problem. Also, there is a problem with the randomness of how the tickets are allotted. While it is general admission by section, students who may want to sit together may be assigned completely different sections even though they may be logged online at the exact same time. My youngest daughtera Freshman,and her roommate logged on at the same time and one as given a ticket for the hill and one for the upper deck, so they couldn't sit together. This was the SAME game my oldest daughter couldn't get a ticket for. I understand that tickets are free and that isn't the case at other schools, but the students make the fan base-the energy they provide is essential to the whole experience. Let's face it, we old farts would be about as exciting as a golf match. Not to mention, these kids are the future alumni, the future IPTAY donors. Please find a way to fix the issue, so the Valley can rock again!

Oct 9, 2017, 10:54 PM

My daughter is a senior and has only got ticket to one game. She has never has a problem even her freshman year when they camped in tents to get tickets. She is ITPY also. It's great they will fix it next year and she won't be here. My son goes to UGA. You have to pay for tickets but you get them and know you have them for the season. But if you don't use ticket and go in you get a strike and after two you won't get ticket the next year.

Oct 10, 2017, 10:39 PM

That's just not right! I can't believe Seniors are not getting tickets. How is it possible that they do not allot 100% to the Seniors who apply. There needs to be a priority based on your year in school.

Oct 10, 2017, 5:34 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

I spend a lot of time on Tnet and the is the first comment i have ever made. My oldest daughter graduated from CU in '15 and never had an issue getting a ticket for a game the entire time she was there. She was greek and got to sit with her sisters and absolutely loved the atmosphere and the comradery she experienced during the games fueled the fire she has for her alma mater. My second daughter is a Junior and she has not been able to get a ticket for 2 games already this year through this "wonderful" lottery system. In addition, the point about "friends" not being able to sit together seems to be a MAJOR defect in the lottery system. These young adults are all about the social experience of game day, just like everyone providing input on this board. Do you sit alone at the games with total strangers or do you prefer to sit with a friend or someone you love to experience the game. Do the people making the decisions regarding this ticket allotment "system" sit by themselves at the games? I bet they get to choose who they experience the game with. I am all for meeting new people, but when the clock on the scoreboard is running, it seems to me there needs to be as many people as possible squeezed into to that special place called Death Valley! There simply has to be a better way and I think that is finally becoming obvious. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 10, 2017, 10:22 AM

This is the problem. If students can't choose who they want to sit with .... they are FAR less likely to attend and certainly won't be as rowdy. How many of us would attend a game with our friends and/or family if the only way we could purchase tickets is one at a time and a guarantee we wouldn't sit together? Just about none of us. It's a broken system and the ability to sit together is the biggest problem. I attended every home game - sitting next to my roommate and friends. We were extremely loud and it created memories I will never forget. Including being passed around overhead by some FSU fans after a certain "puntrooskie".

Not the Parent of a Whining Brat!

Oct 10, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson releases statement on student tickets ]

For those of you who are blaming the kids for low turn out, please understand that there are other things at play contributing to this discussion. I truly believe that the kids want to be there, but as we all do, they want to enjoy the great atmosphere with those they are closest to. Please do not lay all of this at the kid's doorstep as a whole. My daughter is a Senior and has missed maybe 1 game in 4 years now. She and her closest friends have camped out, sat online together for extended periods of time, begged, borrowed, swapped, bought and paid extra to get tickets with one another. In years past, she and her closest friends have for the most part, been able to secure seats together or at minimum get into the same gate by the student section then make their way to the Hill where they would reconvene for lots of fun and cheering on the team. This year has certainly been different, we hear stories EVERY home game now about this friend or that friend not getting a ticket or at minimum not getting a ticket so that they can all hang together. They are being dispersed to separate areas (gates) within the stadium. This is not conducive to keeping the Hill and the Student Section Full. While I love everything Clemson and find very little to complain about, I feel the current system does dampen the kids enthusiasm for the game environment when they cannot share the experience side by side with their closest friends. Even as adults, sharing the tailgating and game experience with Family/Friends is what its all about. While I understand that this issue is probably much more complicated than some of us may imagine, there are brilliant minds at Clemson who I hope will find a way to resolve this issue for the kids sake.

What an absolute joke. I missed 1 Home game my 4.5 years

Oct 9, 2017, 10:37 PM

at Clemson. We were nowhere close to the caliber of team we are now either. This sickens me. This should be a non issue and the fact that administration has to even address this is pathetic.

I like the hill better when it's chaotic, let em all in

Oct 10, 2017, 12:10 AM

Makes for a much better game atmosphere. And I'm not just some guy

Student Ticket Issue

Oct 10, 2017, 8:07 AM

Here's a thought... "Use it or lose it." 1st offence You pick up a ticket that you fail to use or turn in and you are not eligible to apply for a ticket for three games. 2nd Offence: You get a year off from eligibility. Set up an appeal process to cover legitimate excuses. For the last two games over 25 percent were "no shows." Many people would love to have those tickets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 10:05 AM

Steps to success:
1. Change the ticketing distribution to reduce students participation/attendance.
2. Barricade and isolate the hill to further reduce attendance numbers.
3. Point attention to the lack of attendance.
4. Give the ruse of trying to correct the matter/"problem".
5. Change the distribution again – moving students to upper deck seats.
6. Require students to buy/purchase tickets like every other school after the majority of fans/public are frustrated and angry with them.
7. Remodel lower area do you add more seating to make more $$
8. Hope no one notices any of the above steps are taking place...
- the admini$tration

There were 1,000 Auburn tickets that weren't used?!?

Oct 10, 2017, 10:13 AM

There were 1,000 more Auburn student tickets that were handed out but not used? What the hell? Are there that many students that were too hammered to go to the game? Or did they sit somewhere else in the stadium?

Try This? Back to The Future

Oct 10, 2017, 10:37 AM

Seniors get tickets on Monday and the best seats followed by reducing seniority each day of the week. Set a quota for each class (difficulty is the details) and any leftovers handed out to all students on Friday and if still extras - sold to the public on game day.

STUDENT IPTAY GETS MONDAY PRIORITY.

If you pick up a ticket and it's not used, you can turn it back in to the ticket office with no penalty (if something comes up) THEN you drop to Friday pickup for the rest of the year, and if you don't use that one - you are done for the year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I remember when the hill was packed for Furman

Oct 10, 2017, 11:28 AM

The whole game. Didn't matter who we played. The crowds would be bigger for big games & SC but they just crammed us all in there that much tighter

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Oct 10, 2017, 1:27 PM

How much are hill tickets now?

Oct 10, 2017, 2:49 PM

Not sure what the real issue is ??
Maybe President Clements might like to donate his $1mm pay raise to the student ticket fund ?

Buy some good seats for the students.
Al Merritt

Not that it's apples to apples...

Oct 10, 2017, 2:58 PM

but at The Citadel, football game attendance was basically mandatory. Of course there were only a couple thousand of us so there's that.

Knobs had to stand the entire game. If we were winning you could take off your cover. If not, we had to keep them on.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic