Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stretch run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126

Stretch run

Feb 16, 2016, 6:31 PM

Sitting at 15-10 (8-5 ACC) how many more games do we need to win to land a tourney berth? I'm guessing we need at least 4 more and possibly one in the acc tourney. Given our lower rpi even with some quality wins 20 appears to be the magic number. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

21 wins gets us in. 20 wins and we are sweating all the way

Feb 16, 2016, 6:46 PM

through selection Sunday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're too optimistic..we need 20 + 1 acc tourney win.

Feb 16, 2016, 6:52 PM

then, we've got a shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: you're too optimistic..we need 20 + 1 acc tourney win.

Feb 16, 2016, 7:22 PM

I think that it is important that the Tigers play really well in the remaining games. Those early season loses can be over looked if they finish the regular season playing well I honestly don't see any team blowing us out as we go down the stretch. Twenty wins are a must anything more will be a big plus for us. We can do it.

Re: you're too optimistic..we need 20 + 1 acc tourney win.

Feb 17, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to you're too optimistic..we need 20 + 1 acc tourney win. ]

If we win 20 in regular season, were a lock. Without any ACC Tournament games.

That would mean we went 13-5 in conference, also means we win out. Also means we beat UVA. That's a lock.

The chance we win our last five games about 15%

Feb 16, 2016, 7:25 PM

In order for Clemson to go 5 and 0 over the last five games we would have to win 3 on the road at GaTech, NcState, and Boston College none of those teams is great, but winning all three on the road will be a tall order for this team. If they don't make it they only have to look at losses to UGA, Bama, UMass, and Minn to start the season for the reason. If they close the season with 6 straight win and a 13 and 5 ACC record they will be in the NCAA.

Re: The chance we win our last five games about 15%

Feb 16, 2016, 8:16 PM

I honestly think we should beat bc(winless in conf.) both games and win at gt which would give us 3 more wins. Then if you split the nc state and uva games you finish 19-11(12-6ACC). Win a tourney game and you are talking about a 20 win team that I think gets a ticket to the dance as an 11 or 12 seed. We would be sweating it a little on selection Sunday but I think we make it if we close strong.

I predict we will win out the ACC Regular season ....

Feb 17, 2016, 12:17 PM

Remember, you heard it first here on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stretch run

Feb 17, 2016, 12:54 PM

I really need to start looking at the forum these things are posted in. Thought this was a football question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic