Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strength of schedule seems to be something teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,862

Strength of schedule seems to be something teams

Nov 1, 2017, 11:44 AM

can't really control ...

Granted, Alabama has no business playing Mercer in November, but no one really knows how their opponents are going to fare when the schedules come out.

Clemson had no idea that FSU would completely meltdown ... or Louisville would struggle so much with the great one at QB ... is that Clemson's fault?

I guess that's why I value the undefeated teams more than others ... I would rank Wisconsin and Miami higher than most because they've beaten the teams that have been put in front of them.

PS ... the "eye test" is stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOS can't be controlled but teams aren't...

Nov 1, 2017, 11:56 AM

ranked exclusively by SOS. Other factors are within a team's control. We can theorize how a team could be punished for a weaker SOS but that's not really how it works. The real issue is rewarding teams who have beaten the stronger opponents.

For every action...we can't punish teams who play strong schedules by ignoring those who do not. Those who have SOS have no control over it either. That issue is a wash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strength of schedule seems to be something teams

Nov 1, 2017, 12:52 PM

Everything will play out. If Wisky and Miami continue to win, both will have good test in the Championship games. Any team inside the top 15-20 will eventually have their chance to prove their worth. The initial poll gives us a snapshot of what the values are of each team at the time. At least we are better than the BCS days!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh- yes they can. That is why Clemson schedules 2 OOC Power

Nov 1, 2017, 1:18 PM

Five teams every year. This year Auburn & S Car. It's always S Car & another OOC Power 5 team. Next year Texas A&M. This always gives us a better schedule. Alabama only has 1 OOC Power 5 opponent (who BTW self destructed - FSU).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know in your ooc if you schedule a

Nov 1, 2017, 1:25 PM

Directional school 95 out of 100 times you will get a cupcake, you also know if you schedule an ooc power 5 you will worst case get a top 60 team and could get a monster. If you are Wisconsin and you historically have a weak Conf schedule you have no business scheduling Fla Atl and Utah state. If you want a tough schedule you can have one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,862
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic