Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoudt vs Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Stoudt vs Kelly

Dec 3, 2013, 12:52 AM

Right now it is Cole's job to lose. I think Kelly has some talent but I have witnessed Stoudt's accuracy and intelligent decision making. Kelly has played a little just to get him some experience. He is coming back from ACL very quickly. I just don't think he will overtake Stoudt. Kelly has not played enough for any of us to make a decision on that. It's fun to speculate but that is all it is. Unless Kelly knocks it out in the spring and fall, It's Stoudt's job. Watson redshirts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree almost 100%, but think Kelly's running keeps him in

Dec 3, 2013, 12:54 AM

the mix for more playing time than we imagine now.

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt vs Kelly

Dec 3, 2013, 12:56 AM

Watson > Stoudt > Kelly

Dec 3, 2013, 1:00 AM

I agree that I think Watson is the first choice, after a redshirt. My gut feeling is that Stoudt starts this year, Watson redshirts, Kelly gets playing time, but by 2015 Watson starts and Kelly transfers.

Dec 3, 2013, 1:03 AM

Watson will push Stoudt to the limit. Earlier this season I thought that Cole was probably a lock to start next year but watching Watson in these playoff games, that dude is a big time as it gets. It's gonna be hard to keep him off the field.

I'd like to see a dual system.***

Dec 3, 2013, 1:04 AM

Re: I'd like to see a dual system.***

Dec 3, 2013, 6:53 AM

Yes

Dec 3, 2013, 7:00 AM

Watson will not red shirt. Probably will be the starter by season end. He is 6'5" with 4.5 speed and a cannon for an arm. Already running a spread offense just like Clemson.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:03 AM

If Watson starts, as a true freshman, that will not be a good sign for the Tiger offense. Remember, it took Tajh 2 years to be able to play with Chad's total package. From what I've seen of him on TV, Watson is a great talent, but unless he's coming in January, and is a brilliant play-memorizer, he will RS, and Stoudt will probably start the season.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:16 AM

Watson is enrolling in January

If we were gonna see a dual system

Dec 3, 2013, 7:32 AM

We'd have seen it this year. It ain't happening

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 3, 2013, 7:52 AM

Morris tells the QBs he recruits that the best player at that position will start whether they are a freshman or not. Remember when Kelly first committed that he was talking about wanting to take the starting job from Boyd and just kinda overlooked Cole. I think Watson may very well win the starting job cause he is really a phenom. If that happens, I just hate that both Cole and Chad may have screwed their chances at playing at the next level. I can't imagine that Dad Cliff and Uncle Jim would be very happy either.

The way I see it

Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 AM

I believe Chad will show out in Spring and jump stoudt, Cole is good but I just don't see him being as good as Chad, Chad is a hard nosed player, has great leadership abilities from what I've seen, and awesome work ethic, and from the work he put in to even get playing time this season after the ACL, imagine the work he will put in to win the starting job! Watson from what I've heard and seen through highlights will be the better of the three, but really believe he should redshirt so he can get in the system learn the play book and get faster and stronger!

I agree that it is Cole's job to lose...hoping he'll be like

Dec 3, 2013, 8:38 AM

Charlie W. next year. Morris may have to adjust a little to suit him but I don't think we'll see as much drop off from the QB position as some think. I think Kelly pushing Cole will only make them both better....and Watson comes in January thinking he will be the starter next year. Futures bright @ QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...Stoudt should start...Watson redshirt and let

Dec 3, 2013, 8:53 AM

Deshaun and Kelly battle it out for the following season

Dec 3, 2013, 8:58 AM

Go ahead and start him.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic