Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Story that I want to share....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 301

Story that I want to share....

Dec 15, 2019, 2:52 PM

Don’t know why, but missing my dad today more than ever.

My mom was sick as ever with brain cancer and was sleeping about the whole day. My dad and I sat in the recliners in the living room and watched NFL games all day. Mom kept on sleeping.

Throughout the day, I kept going downstairs to hit some shine and Crown Royal. Back and forth, back and forth. Then I would come back upstairs. I went to salt the cattle, had a couple pulls on the bottle. Went to feed the dogs, couple more pulls. By 6-7pm I was hammered. I mean hammered, but thought I was pulling it off well.

All the sudden my dad looks at me and says, “it’s a shame that you can be that drunk and not even offer me a pull”. We both laughed and I just ended up bringing the bottles upstairs and we drank and shot the #### all evening and night as my mom slept. I didn’t know it at the time, but he was slowly dying as well. It was only 2-3 weeks later after that and right after my mom passed, he passed too.

Enjoy the days as we don’t know when our number will be called and it could be called tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll miss them everyday. Some days more than others. ******

Dec 15, 2019, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing.

Dec 15, 2019, 3:03 PM

Love ya bro.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tom was a great guy.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:22 AM

I miss him visiting the tailgate before games. We had some great conversations, and he had some great Clemson football stories.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Them feels....can't imagine, amigo.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:26 AM

Different scenario here. My folks are both about to turn 70 and don't take care of themselves at all...unhealthy, overweight, you name it. If I were an insurance actuary, I'd have the next 5 years being the last for both of em. So I know it's coming sooner than later, and there's nothing I can get them to do about it....frustrating as hellll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 301
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic