Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop trying to be nice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,227

Stop trying to be nice

May 6, 2012, 7:23 PM

to everybody. This isn't the Pee Wee league.

Let's man up! Dabo should have some kind of punishment for Sammy but he shouldn't miss even a single game.I don't care if that makes us bad guys in the eyes of the PC media. They are not going to respect us anyways...Remember all the upset watches last year?

Half the SEC players couldn't even read. Did the coots have to forfeit any games they played with illegally paid players? Did Auburn lose their NC for paying 200,000 to Cam Newton?

I say let's end this PC ######## and let Sammy play...Another offense, he should face suspension.not this time! not now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know what you're saying, but

May 6, 2012, 7:42 PM

All those deadbeats and "punishments" you just listed aren't people I want to be lumped in with. We're better than them (and we know it!) and I want to behave like that.

The kid should sit; not forever, but he should sit. It's one mistake and it's a misdemeanor, it's not like he killed a guy with a trident, but it's still illegal. Mistakes have consequences, too.

Dabo's got more spine than to let him off or Dabo's not the man I think he is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy deserves some punishment but

May 6, 2012, 9:13 PM

if you polled the entire Clemson fan base, not just Tigernet I would bet 80% would say he shouldn't be suspended for the Auburn game. No other big time program would suspend him and if we suspend him and lose the media won't be hyping how Clemson did the right thing, they will hype our record against SEC schools (minus Carolina), and how Clemson and the ACC can't win the big ones (even though this obviously isn't true we all know that's in the focus of the next day coverage if we lose)

Re: Sammy deserves some punishment but

May 7, 2012, 8:48 AM

"if you polled the entire Clemson fan base, not just Tigernet I would bet 80% would say he shouldn't be suspended for the Auburn game. No other big time program would suspend him"

Is LSU a "big time program?" They suspended their All-American, All-SEC, Heisman finalist, best defensive player in college football (Chuck Bednarik) award winning cornerback and punt returner, their starting running back, and another cornerback after the three tested positive for synthetic marijuana last year. Remember against which team they were suspended?

Re: I know what you're saying, but

May 6, 2012, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I know what you're saying, but ]

why should an 18 yr. old be held that accountable for a minor offense,when we don't hold the politicians and so-called leaders who lie,cheat,and steal their way through office accountable?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

SO...SO... Apropos! Tell it, man. +1***

May 7, 2012, 12:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for the Anchorman reference.

May 7, 2012, 7:14 AM [ in reply to I know what you're saying, but ]

You might wanna lay low for awhile.

Make him sit the Auburn game.***

May 6, 2012, 8:16 PM

Re: Stop trying to be nice

May 6, 2012, 8:23 PM

Maybe give Sammy a really stern public reprimand!!

Agree. The wusses I've seen on this board are amazing.

May 6, 2012, 8:31 PM

Sad lot of Clemson fans IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These Meffers are trying to prove we are better than #####.

May 6, 2012, 11:23 PM

I mean ### guys. Do you try and prove water is wet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Provided Sammy plays it straight as an arrow from here,

May 6, 2012, 10:32 PM

and the facts of the offense aren't beyond what we already know, I could definitely see a 1st half benching in our opener as a substantial enough penalty for this transgression.

1. From a "public reprimand" standpoint, the weeks-long national media hype that will go into the nationally televised Auburn game as part of the NCAA kick-off weekend will carry far more weight than normal. Compared to what UNC was guilty of, and having their league-imposed extra punishment for system-wide academic fraud unleashed to the "public" on a ho-hum Friday afternoon when press coverage is at its minimum is laughable. Any length of suspension for the Chick-Fil-A game will carry significant coverage in the national sports press, especially considering its timing. Public reprimand and personal shame accomplished.

2. Considering that the offense occurred during the epitome of downtime, not only athletically but also academically, when team and collegiate responsibility was at its nadir, cannot be discounted as a factor. No games. No practice. No more classes. No more exams. Bad judgment, yes, without question. But it's the first bad judgment that anyone around him is aware of (other than owning a gas guzzler of a car).

We should beat Auburn in the opener with or without Sammy - our fortunes in that game shouldn't be a factor in any way, and knowing Coach Swinney I don't think it will be. That's not the issue. If Sammy is benched for even simply the opening series of the game, it's going to make national news at the time because of who he is and what he's already accomplished in the game. Considering the circumstances as we know them to be, that could well be enough.

Let cool heads prevail in this. Rushing to judgment is seldom the proper procedure. Either way, as Sammy as stated for himself, we should all accept whatever is decided from the staff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well stated. I agree, but no more than a half.***

May 7, 2012, 12:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop trying to be nice

May 7, 2012, 6:32 AM

Trying to be nice is one of the reasons Tigers went 20 years with out an ACC Championship, just think about the changes in 2009, not there yet but getting a very good start to being a power house team again

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic