Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop saying most fans don't care about MBB. This is not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,094

Stop saying most fans don't care about MBB. This is not

Jan 11, 2015, 3:01 PM

The case. I enjoy it and I do care and so do many others. Just because YOU don't enjoy it , you don't speak for everyone else.

Granted, I'd like to see a consistently better product but I enjoy basketball. Loved the effort our guys showed at Pitt! Outstanding !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Define most - and why is "most" not true***

Jan 11, 2015, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Define most - and why is "most" not true***

Jan 11, 2015, 3:07 PM

I for one care about football, basketball, baseball and golf. Maybe he should have said most "posters on this board". I watch every game I can and pull for them to win. I dont sit and whine when we lose in any of the sports. Do I like losing? No, I just dont see any reason pile on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Most", when defining Clemson fans is...

Jan 11, 2015, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Define most - and why is "most" not true*** ]

based on the number of fans at an event, and not the number of Tnet complainers when any athletic product is struggling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the majority of fans are indifferent about MBB(nm)

Jan 11, 2015, 3:08 PM

Z

I think most Clemson fans care a great deal about hoops, but

Jan 11, 2015, 3:22 PM

we have become conditioned to accept the idea that Clemson will never be highly successful for a great many reasons.

Clemson fans will definitely support a winning basketball team. But, up to this point, Clemson simply hasn't consistently produced enough winning teams to solidify the loyalty and devotion of the fan base.

And Clemson athletic department has not invested the level of resources and cash in the program to help it grow.

Building a new play/practice/administrative facility is step #1 in the process.

Identifying, hiring, and retaining the very best coaching staff possible is step #2

Patience with the process is step #3

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think most Clemson fans care a great deal about hoops, but

Jan 11, 2015, 3:24 PM

See, I think you r brilliant. Thank you for your post.

Re: the majority of fans are indifferent about MBB(nm)

Jan 11, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to the majority of fans are indifferent about MBB(nm) ]

100% accurate.

Jan 11, 2015, 3:46 PM

I just don't understand dunking . Since that aspect of the game has been introduced , the fan entertainment facet in men's basketball has really fallen off.
If they stop slam dunking the basketballs I will consider revamping my interest level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 11, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to the majority of fans are indifferent about MBB(nm) ]

IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT BB,WHY POST ANYTHING.I BET IF WE WERE ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY,YOU WOULD BE ALL OVER IT.

Re: Stop saying most fans don't care about MBB. This is not

Jan 11, 2015, 3:15 PM

Nobody needs to say it the empty basketball stadium speaks for itself

i disagree . I think if the university really put the energy

Jan 11, 2015, 3:23 PM

It needs to in the program, the fans will gladly turn out for a good product. The arena upgrade is a tremendous start imo.

There is love their but imo, fans don't have the expendable income for a product that's not consistent. I've seen Littlejohn draw some good crowds when the product was good.

Re: i disagree . I think if the university really put the energy

Jan 11, 2015, 3:42 PM

So, it's an income issue? Okay cool though most all games have had tickets recently at a severely reduced price lol. Try again dude.

Jan 11, 2015, 3:48 PM

You try again... Ticket prices alone don't dictate total cost. People r hurting right now.

Jan 11, 2015, 5:57 PM [ in reply to i disagree . I think if the university really put the energy ]

A NEW FACILITY WILL NOT MAKE US A WINNER.ASK GA TECH WHAT IT HAS DONE FOR THEM.THEY WERE VERY GOOD WHEN CREMINS WAS THERE, AND THEY WERE PLAYING IN THE 100 YEAR OLD FIELD HOUSE.

Jan 11, 2015, 4:21 PM

so were only about football huh....i would like us to be good in all sports......so is the golf teams 4 national championships meaningless....glad their not reading this.....i think these kind of comments make some of our other sport athletes feel under appreciated

Jan 11, 2015, 4:27 PM

I wasn't excluding any other sport, that's a reach. I was referencing basketball for obvious reasons.

Jan 11, 2015, 4:42 PM

sorry, this isnt a slight on your comment....i totally agree with it...just trying to point out that all sports matter.....at least to me they do

Jan 11, 2015, 4:26 PM

sorry we have 4 total.....the golf team only has one, we have one in football and 2 in soccer....but my point is it does matter to them and me

Jan 11, 2015, 4:28 PM

But we do care about men's baseball.

I'll be honest, I'm football through and through...

Jan 11, 2015, 6:03 PM

but when Clemson basketball does well, I do tend to start picking up a bigger interest. Like Dabo says, the fun is in the winning. Call me what you want, but I've supported our basketball team before...but not on a consistent basis. If our team was a little more consistent, our fans would probably be too. I have a hard time believing that if more fans are there, our team automatically gets better...I sincerely believe it is the other way around.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,094
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic