Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So evidently Arkansas is thinking about moving to the Big 12
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So evidently Arkansas is thinking about moving to the Big 12

Jun 7, 2012, 9:18 AM

They are pissed about the LSU / Arky game that historically has been played after Thanksgiving is getting pushed for the revival of the Texas A&M / LSU rivalry.

Take it for what it's worth but Arky has money. They would have to pay a buyout of about $25Mill to leave.

I kinda think that Arky geographically would do well in the Big 12 and they would be able to get more of those Texas recruits they want rather than being small guys in the SEC.

Leaves a nice spot open in the West for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is no way Ark moves anywhere

Jun 7, 2012, 9:20 AM

the money and security of the SEC are too great

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So evidently Arkansas is thinking about moving to the Big 12

Jun 7, 2012, 9:39 AM

dont think sec has a buyout

Jun 7, 2012, 9:43 AM

Sorry, took me a minute to realize that you are from Georgia and not ghey. That was kinda funny.

That's what I've heard, too. The SEC doesn't have a buyout.

Jun 7, 2012, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So evidently Arkansas is thinking about moving to the Big 12 ]

Because no one would ever realistically want to leave. It's kind of ballsy not to have one, but it works.

when you're top dog no one wants to leave

Jun 7, 2012, 10:45 AM

you don't need a penalty like the dumb dumb ACC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2012, 9:41 AM

I think Arky is a better geographic fit for the Big 12, but to leave the SEC would be a horrible financial move IMO

more realistic before the SEC took Mizzou to keep Ark happy***

Jun 7, 2012, 10:08 AM

There is no SEC buyout. Any SEC team is free to leave any

Jun 7, 2012, 10:23 AM

time they wand without paying 1 penny. That alone makes your post complete BS. In addition, Arkansas does not want to leave. If you're going to get on and just make up BS, at least know a little something about the subject. I thought any idiot knew the SEC had no buyout.

Feel free to provide a link.***

Jun 7, 2012, 10:50 AM

Heck for this one, I'd settle for a Tweet!***

Jun 7, 2012, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop making things up.

Jun 7, 2012, 12:13 PM

Stop making things up. Arkansas, or any other SEC team for that matter, is not going anywhere. You did not read this anywhere, you probably heard it from your Razorback friend. No sense trying to stir the expansion pot any more by providing unfounded information. Although, people on here will probably believe it is fact by the end of the day, given how they have handled the Clemson/FSU/Big12 situation.

Re: Stop making things up.

Jun 7, 2012, 12:23 PM

If you don't like what you read here, there's always the option of leaving

Your opinions on Tigernet are unwanted, unnecessary and most certainly unimportant

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC buyout , just struck me funny .....

Jun 7, 2012, 2:58 PM

You gotta know, that for about 18 or 19 years....the SEC was talking amongst themselves about how much the buyout would be to cut out that nasty sore in it's side known as SCjr .

LOL

All I have is heresay....

Jun 8, 2012, 11:27 AM

Sorry to get everyone butthurt up in here but I'm just relaying gossip at this point. I said take it for what it's worth....

https://twitter.com/#!/sportstalkwbo

This first link is the radio guy in NW Arkansas that announced that Arkansas and LSU will not be playing anymore the Friday after Thanksgiving. I love how Jeff Long (the Arkansas AD) gets involved and tries to say that the game is still on. It is almost like it was done behind his back…

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=483755.0

This is an excerpt from Hogville…
Yep...and LSU has a lot to do with it. That is why I was screaming from the rooftops bringing aTm and mizzou into the league would hurt in terms of recruiting. LSU see's this game especially if it is on friday after thanksgiving as an even bigger stage to sell their program to the high profile recruits in texas.

LSU is not stupid and they are making the moves behind the scenes to get this done. We just don't have any leverage....NONE. The only thing we could do is threaten to leave for the big12.

I have heard multiple fans agree that the next step for their AD is to take there Walmart/Jerry Jones/ Jimmy Johnson money to the Big 12. They are so hurt about the exposure of this game, but don’t want to claim LSU as one of their rivals…

Jun 8, 2012, 11:38 AM

Ha. I think a team who wants to leave the SEC (should there one day be one in some parallel universe) just gets a note that says, "Watch that door on your way out," or, "Could you maybe split a little earlier? We'd like to redivide our stacks o' cash ASAP."

Translation

Jun 8, 2012, 11:38 AM

Jerry Jones is interested in Arky going to the Big 12 so they can play in Jerry World sometimes

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic