Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the good, ol' State newspaper...(link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

the good, ol' State newspaper...(link)

Jul 22, 2016, 7:12 AM

(the crap never ceases at this fine, objective journalistic institution)

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article91198312.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the good, ol' State newspaper...(link)

Jul 22, 2016, 7:19 AM

Stupid is as stupid does. I know it's an old adage, but it applies here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can agree that some of the coastal teams...

Jul 22, 2016, 8:17 AM

most notably Miami and UNC could have a pretty decent team this year. But Paul Johnson has it wrong when saying the gap is small between Clemson/FSU and the rest of the ACC. The talent gap, which is typically what matters, is fairly large and is only getting larger. GT will never attract top athletes because of the kooky offense they run. We've already proven that when we want a player we can take them from NCST or UNC's backyard. They will continue to sign Clemson/FSU leftovers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DaBO says hellO!

Jul 22, 2016, 8:41 AM

And don't let the dust choke you Coastal Teams when Clemson races by you & Noles!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Johnson is simply campaigning for his job....

Jul 22, 2016, 8:46 AM

and his comments were largely for the benefit of the Georgia Tech fans and administration.

That said, anyone who follows recruiting, which is the lifeblood of a college football program, knows full well that Paul Johnson is so full of $#!7 his eyes are brown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Paul Johnson is simply campaigning for his job....

Jul 22, 2016, 9:54 AM

PJ knows full well that Ga. Tech has to use his offense to limit other team's chances by burning the clock. I give him credit, but until he recruits a defense with speed his program is seldom going to finish first in his division. Miami and UNCheat have passed him and Va. Tech will soon do so as well purely by better recruiting.

His days at GT are numbered and he knows it.
It will be good for the ACC to have four or more teams from the conference in the top 25 in years to come.

Go Tigers!

Re: Paul Johnson is simply campaigning for his job....

Jul 22, 2016, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Paul Johnson is simply campaigning for his job.... ]

Paul Johnson is a smarmy SOB who never will quite match up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, what else are they supposed to say?

Jul 22, 2016, 8:55 AM

"Yeah, we might as well not play out our season in 2016 because we know we cant beat Clemson or FSU"

???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean, what else are they supposed to say?

Jul 22, 2016, 9:07 AM

I was at a wedding back in the spring and Paul Johnson was in attendance. I asked him about playing us and he just said you do know you have not won at their place since 2003. He did say laughing and I thought he was trying to be funny about it. My wife asked if that was true and I had to tell her yes. I agree what was he going to say to me Clemson is unbeatable and we may forfeit the game. I am sure many thought they could not beat FSU last year and we all know what happened with that game. I do think the talent gap is getting larger between Fsu and us over the rest of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean, what else are they supposed to say?

Jul 22, 2016, 11:03 PM [ in reply to I mean, what else are they supposed to say? ]

Well, that would be an honest reply.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the devil is wrong with you people?

Jul 22, 2016, 9:06 AM

There is a lot of things to be said against the State where the Tigers are concerned but this is not one of them! Don't be so paranoid!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the devil is wrong with you people?

Jul 22, 2016, 9:12 AM

You should read the editorial in the Post and Courier (big coot paper). The article was about the Governor's use of football tickets at both schools. The last sentence states "Usc has beat Clemson 5 out of the last 7 games. Has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the article. They just can't help themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I thought the subject was "The State". **

Jul 22, 2016, 9:24 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the devil is wrong with you people?

Jul 23, 2016, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What the devil is wrong with you people? ]

I read that article . The Coot faithful need to hear that things are gonna be ok , and that we taters are only enjoying a run because of one player , our quarterback. They have to be the saddest bunch of kooks in all the land .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 22, 2016, 9:24 AM

Johnson uses overall record to justify his argument. 2008 Dabo took over a mess. 2009 GT did beat us twice but Johnson still had Chan Gailey's players. Once Paul Johnsons recruits got starting roles the gap started to get a lot wider. Since 2010 we are 4-2. Get real Johnson. The gap is pretty wide

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2016, 9:44 AM

The State is a newspaper like the Post and Courier. Geez. Find something to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no worries, they will soon write about the domination of

Jul 22, 2016, 9:44 AM

the SEC west over the SEC east, because i'm going to stoke that fire, which has won the last seven championships in a row since 2008 when Florida won... and that will be eight in a row come December 3rd...

obviously, it was a slow day in the State newsroom because this same info has already been hashed regionally if not nationally... there's not a lot of original reporting coming out of that group...

Let's make the Coastal great again!***

Jul 22, 2016, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop looking for things to complain about

Jul 22, 2016, 11:10 AM

That article was more than fair to all of the teams. It's down time, so they are looking for stuff to write about. An article about what every team thinks their chances are of winning the ACC is a decent enough topic. It even starts out saying that us and FSU are the two favorites in everyone's eyes.

Obviously objectivity is hard for you, but not everything the State newspaper writes is anti-Clemson. The stupidity on this board amazes me sometimes.

Re: Stop looking for things to complain about

Jul 22, 2016, 11:35 PM

and judging by this response, I'd be forced to agree with the last statement.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop looking for things to complain about

Jul 23, 2016, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Stop looking for things to complain about ]

It would be nice if some fakers would come clean where their loyalties really lie. The stupidity comes from the 40%ers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol. Brad Kaaya just needs to keep Clemson out his mouth***

Jul 22, 2016, 11:38 AM

Jul 22, 2016, 11:00 PM

Kind of like saying the gap between AL and usuc is very narrow. Please! There are bees, and then there are wannabees. GT are yellow jacket wannabees who want so badly to become bees (somebody). The rest of the conference wants to be like us and FSU so badly they can almost taste it, but they just aren't up to it.

the hate for tarholes and bumblebees

Jul 23, 2016, 6:54 AM

Continue because they continue to have stupid ### comments about Clemson! Suck it Paul Johnson and fedora we would love to kick ur azzes again in Charlotte if the game will even be played there. Miami qb? Reaaaally? You want to go down h e l l highway again for another beat down? Reminds me of Oklahoma!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic