Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stop complaining about A&M being classless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,583

Stop complaining about A&M being classless

Sep 8, 2019, 4:24 PM

Because of the late TD they score. I was at the FSU game in 2013 and the shoe was on the other foot. I literally had 2 FSU fans complaining that Dabo was trying to score a TD in the last seconds of the game and guess what we did. We scored 1 of our 2 TD’s with 13 seconds left in the game. Call it what you want BUt I think it shows your team you never quit as a head coach. Anyways GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop complaining about A&M being classless

Sep 8, 2019, 4:26 PM

Yes. Quit complaining. Jimbo had alot of money riding on the game.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:30 PM

Don't know, but ESPN commentators were saying that Jimbo didn't want 2 games without scoring a touchdown. This was his first and still his only 1.
Oct 27, 2017
Florida State 3
@
Boston College 35

Sep 8, 2019, 4:36 PM

I agree. How exactly is it classless? Where in the rules does it state that you must stop trying once the score reaches a certain point?

Truth be told, people just want to find a reason to complain about something. Last week a few were on here saying the Oklahoma coach was classless for still having Hurts in an 18 point game with 9 minutes left. I didn’t see those same people posting yesterday about Dabo being classless for still having Lawrence in a 21 point game with under 6 minutes left.

I didn’t see a problem with either situation btw. It just shows that many people will excuse behavior for their own coach/players, but be quick to jump all over someone else for doing the same thing.

there is nothing classless about trying to score in the

Sep 8, 2019, 6:39 PM

Final minutes when you’re losing. Even if you can’t win the game your offense should try to score I don’t care which sport you’re playing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who said that was classless?

Sep 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

links? Maybe you should respond there directly. It might give context.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who said that was classless?

Sep 8, 2019, 5:00 PM

I’m not the OP and don’t have any links, but I saw several posts about it yesterday, and one long post this morning that addressed that among other reasons for Fisher being classless.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:48 PM

Personally I don’t have a problem with it. I wish the D would ha e held them but it does help build confidence in his offense for the upcoming season and they are going to need it.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:55 PM

I always never had a problem with Bobby Bowden's mentality on scoring. He always said that as a football coach his job is to score points and its the opponents job to stop him. He is not wrong. Not allowing the backup players to score is along those same lines. They have put the same work in, why shouldn't they have the same opportunity shine when their limited opportunity comes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No complaint from me

Sep 8, 2019, 5:00 PM

But it makes you wonder about his true motives for the team. As everyone could see, Mond was struggling with some injury to his leg and Jimbo still left him in the game just for the sake of protecting his own personal statistic.
I guess most people are wondering why he chose to put his starter at further risk of serious injury instead of getting the backup in the game for valuable experience and to build up his confidence.
If there had been ANY CHANCE of making a comeback for the win it wouldn’t seem so irresponsible, but there was NO WAY with the time left on the clock for them to salvage the game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No complaint from me

Sep 8, 2019, 8:49 PM

I agree. If you want your team to play to the end, that is fine. However don't leave an obviously injured player in. Put in the back up.

Re: No complaint from me

Sep 8, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to No complaint from me ]

He had a cramp. He wasn’t injured. It had been gone for the whole fourth quarter.

Sep 8, 2019, 5:24 PM

I would not be shocked if this inane line of thought is spoke into existence and becomes an accepted practice in the future. Hypersensitive culture of entitlement & ignorance on display-

Sep 8, 2019, 5:25 PM

Nothing wrong with what Jimbo did. He was setting the stage for the rest of the year. He knew he could not win the game but wanted his team to drive down the field and end the game with momentum to build on. It was good coaching!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 5:30 PM

That’s just pathetic, it’s their job to score, what the hell? People come on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe next time you should have said: "THOSE OF YOU who are

Sep 8, 2019, 5:47 PM

complaining...."

Sep 8, 2019, 6:35 PM

They could have, should have and would have fired him if he gave up, as we would have been ready to do Dabo. You play till the game clock says zero, Period!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You play until the clock says 00:00...

Sep 8, 2019, 7:09 PM

It's our job to stop them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

tell em coot ###***

Sep 8, 2019, 8:53 PM

aTm fans not classless just Jimbo

Sep 8, 2019, 8:54 PM

No integrity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,583
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic