Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still think CLEMSON should be a SEC Team (in football ?? only) & SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,333

Still think CLEMSON should be a SEC Team (in football ?? only) & SC

Aug 14, 2020, 10:32 AM

be an ACC member (in football only).

We might not have as many undefeated seasons but they would surely go above 6-7 wins, wouldn’t you think.

Hey, Notre Dame has shown this works pretty well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a hard pass...ACC has worked out pretty well

Aug 14, 2020, 10:39 AM

for our tigers. SEC membership is the only thing that the UofSuCk can hang their hats on. Not sure they'd do much better in the ACC...still middle to low of the pack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Could" be, but I certainly wouldn't say "should" be.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:58 AM

We'd be Swoffied even worse as the newbie in that conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the SEC would probably have more consideration for

Aug 14, 2020, 11:10 AM

Clemson than the ACC does. Those (UNC,Duke) elites look down on everyone. Clemson actually has a good bit of history with SEC teams, but you have to go way back in time. Those North Carolina schools consider themselves more Basketball schools than Football schools and that has a lot to do with it, IMO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the SEC would probably have more consideration for

Aug 14, 2020, 11:22 AM

I would be strongly against Clemson joining the SEC for a variety of reasons. The ACC is a perfect fit for the Tigers. For one thing the road trips are easier to make. Personally I’d rather go to Boston than Texas or Missouri or Arkansas or several other venues in the SEC. the only thing that the Tigers need to do is drop the Akron’s and the Woffords and add a real ooc game every year.

Re: Still think CLEMSON should be a SEC Team (in football ?? only) & SC

Aug 14, 2020, 11:08 AM

Why would Clemson join the SEC? The path of least resistance is the way to go in CFB plus Clemson is and will always be the King of ACC football.

Clemson was an original member of the Southern Conference

Aug 14, 2020, 11:16 AM

along with the current SEC teams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 11:24 AM

If ACC membership causes us some good old Finebum criticism, imagine how much hate we would get as a member of the SEC... they would HATE us.

The SEC does NOT want any competition for "loved" programs. Bammy, LSU, GA, UF, NS Auburn. If UT finally puts out the dumpsterfire they might move into that group too. They want feeder teams to put up a fight but ultimately roll over for their traditional powers. Why do you think that MSU and Ol Miss keep getting their hands slapped.

But lets look at the SEC additions:

Arky: 1 claimed title, 13 conference titles -SWC only. Last conference title was 1989 won by KEN HATFIELD
A&M: 1 title (since the forward pass if you consider '39 modern enough), 1 modern Champ but 17 dusty champs. Last conference title was 98
Mizzou: 0 Natties, 6 Big6/8 conference titles. Granted, Mizzou has a decent claim to the 1960 title. Last conference title was '69 - hey dey be da coots
South Carolina: 0 Natties, 1 Conference Titles in '69

Combined, they have 0 titles in the past 50 years (Arky's '64 title is the closest followed by Mizzou in '60 and A&M in '39), only 2 conference titles from conferences that still exist.

Clemson has accomplished more in the past 5 years than all these schools combined in the past 50 years!

Aug 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

Very true. FSU and Miami have had more success At the national level than many in the SEC. And don’t ignore the academic side of it also.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:27 PM

I am trying think of any "expansion" school from the traditional or original members that have had national-level football success.

ACC: FSU and Georgia Tech both won titles.

SEC: Nope

B10: *Maybe* Ped State in 1994 - 12-0 and did not get to play #1 Nebraska (who beat an imperfect Miami). The B10 tie-in damaged Ped-State's claim and kicked off the BCS discussion. So an expansion team was HURT by joining a conference.

P12: Nope (AZ, ASU, Utah, Col)

B12 - more of a merger - Neb (last of three), OU and Texas has won it all since, but really only Tx was the school that had not won it in a while before the B12. TCU might lost a chance with the B12 naming co-champs in '14.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,333
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic