Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still sad to see our Bowl so empty (upper decks) while the best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,830

Still sad to see our Bowl so empty (upper decks) while the best

Dec 30, 2014, 1:28 PM

filled & nosiest bowl so far may have been one from San Diego between Nebraska & Southern Cal (their Fans were so reactive to every play).

GoTiGERS...congrats & keep winning!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because we should have been in Citrus Bowl

Dec 30, 2014, 1:34 PM

There is no way we should have been dropped down to the RAB.... The blowout proves it too!

Unbelievable there wasn't an outrage by CU and Rad over that slight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh, nothing for Clemson to be ashamed of here

Dec 30, 2014, 8:01 PM

There may have been quite a few empty seats, but there were 20,000+ Tiger fans in Orlando on a Monday afternoon for a "meh" bowl game. I think that's pretty impressive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Meh, nothing for Clemson to be ashamed of here

Dec 30, 2014, 8:06 PM

I agree. Our bowl seemed to have more fans in the stadium than this Belk bowl and Charlotte is closer to both these schools than Orlando is to Clemson or OK.

Re: Meh, nothing for Clemson to be ashamed of here

Dec 31, 2014, 8:19 AM

The bowl game in NY - I think it was played between Boston College and Penn State - looked very full and the announcers talked about how happy Penn St. fans were to be going to a bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still sad to see our Bowl so empty (upper decks) while the best

Dec 30, 2014, 8:03 PM

Wasn't there,,but it looked like a lot more orange was there than Oklahoma red?

We went to Bowl & Tiger fans represented, coaches/team seemed happy...

Dec 31, 2014, 4:52 AM

with the turnout and vocal support! I was there at the game in Orlando and yep, we Tigers definitely outnumbered the Sooners - it was a great environment and bowl experience! We were CLEMSON LOUD the majority of the game (we even managed to do the "C-L-E-M-S-O-N spell-around," although it was just on our side of the stadium).

What was aggravating as all get out were those 4 Oklahoma guys shooting those booming rifles every chance they got which was good & bad: good b/c they fired them @ every kickoff -- meaning they had to fire them after we scored (fortunately they only scored once so they didn't have the pleasure of shooting them in celebration of a score for them except once)!

Bad b/c those 4 guys were in the end zone area where we were sitting so my ears were not happy...but it was worth it since it meant we scored...we took the "booms" for the Tiger team!

The Sooner fans were a cool bunch, really good sports (especially considering the beat down) -- it was an overall GREAT Tiger bowl experience and victory and glad we went!

Never been to a sold out bowl

Dec 31, 2014, 8:12 AM

even last year at the OB most of the upper deck was tarped off. Only so many people are going to be able to travel to these games and it is never going to be full especially when one of the teams is from a decent distance away like OK, or OSU last year. Maybe if we played a team from the south the stadium would fill out more. Those other games look full on TV but I'm sure if you were actually there the stadium is a lot emptier than what it appears on TV. Going to be interesting to see how full the playoff games are. Not many are going to be able to travel to 2 bowl games back to back.

Re: Never been to a sold out bowl

Dec 31, 2014, 9:48 AM

Peach Bowl in 03' vs Tenn...

Changed my whole perspective of Bowl Games...Slammed house watching Clemson put Tenn's d*cks in the dirt...

Same with the 2012 Peach Bowl against LSU...I will never miss another Peach Bowl as long as Clemson is in it...The energy is electric and unbelieveable...

Our fan base travels extremely well...example: I am stationed in Middle GA...The ITT office at the Base literally gives away Peach Bowl tickets by the dozens...They are handing them out for the game this year with Ole #### vs TCU...When Clemson was/is in it....There arent any tickets left to hand out...Says alot

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 31, 2014, 10:28 AM

For anyone that's interested...Attached is the bowl attendance numbers thus far.

Dec 31, 2014, 10:33 AM

Why does it always seem like Texas is always playing a bowl game in Texas?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 31, 2014, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Never been to a sold out bowl ]

Those bowl 'attendance' numbers look pretty skewed. Maybe the tickets were 'sold' somehow, but folks didn't use them. The Sun Bowl was pretty empty, to my eye.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've watched nearly every bowl game and ours looked like the best

Dec 31, 2014, 8:15 AM

Attendance other than perhaps ND-LSU.

Texas-Arkansas and A&M-WV had better attendance.***

Dec 31, 2014, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best attended & vocal Bowl I saw was NEB-USC @ SDiego.

Dec 31, 2014, 9:39 AM

But our score is the Very BEST! LOL. Congrats TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic