Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still not convinced DJT is right about Muslims?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 398

Still not convinced DJT is right about Muslims?

Jun 12, 2016, 12:04 PM

With all due respect to the dear departed Muhammad Ali, Islam is not a religion of peace.

Let's not treat it as if it were.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know enough about Islam to have an educated

Jun 12, 2016, 12:30 PM

opinion on the religion as a whole, but I do know that when groups like the neo-Nazis or KKK committed terrorist acts in the name of Christianity, most Christians wouldn't consider these terrorists Christians. I know I wouldn't.

I'd think real devout Muslims wouldn't think people who commit these acts in the name of Islam, real Muslims. I know Kareem Abdul Jabbar wrote an article in Time magazine saying terrorists aren't real Muslims.

Anytime you have devout readers who take the Koran or the Bible, literally, and twist these meanings into their own evil purposes, the results are tragic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While Christianity (or The Bible) may have been used to

Jun 12, 2016, 1:10 PM

justify Nazism, I don't believe it's role in motivating it's leaders was nearly the same as the role Islam plays in motivating radical Muslims, nor do I believe those who were complicit participants in Nazism were doing so largely for religious reasons the way Islamic radicals are. It's just a bogus comparison.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Okay, then, let's say there was any individual who took

Jun 12, 2016, 1:31 PM

parts of the Bible literally, and was motivated to kill people because of their understanding of certain passages. Could this person be considered a Christian?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends on who you ask, but if enough of them

Jun 12, 2016, 1:49 PM

were recognized across the world as Christians, then what difference would it make? It would be a problem within Christianity, and it would be fair to question what it was about Christianity that could make people hold such views. In doing so, I think the number of and percentage of "Christians" who held such views, AND acted upon such views would have to be considered.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Even a cursory understanding of Islam reveals coupla things:

Jun 12, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I don't know enough about Islam to have an educated ]

1) Sharia law. No need to understand the intricacies. Just know two words: chop chop.

The first image is not ISIS, but a beheading in Saudi Arabia. They also stone and crucify.

The second image is ISIS, on a day they cut off the hands of 4 kids for stealing.

2) Jihad. It means striving or struggle and has lots of applications. But one is similar to the Christian idea of evangelism, but with violence if necessary and it means to defend Islam against Infidels, also, with violence if necessary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are hundreds of these but how about God's instruction

Jun 12, 2016, 1:53 PM

to King Saul about the Amalekites:

"And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

When Saul refused, he took away his kingdom.

G-d didn't play back in OT days.***

Jun 12, 2016, 2:04 PM

Re: There are hundreds of these but how about God's instruction

Jun 12, 2016, 2:09 PM [ in reply to There are hundreds of these but how about God's instruction ]

The Amelkites made ISIS look like the Girl Scouts.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are hundreds of these but how about God's instruction

Jun 12, 2016, 3:51 PM

I kind of doubt this. Many tribes from the Middle East were barbaric, the Jews included, but I don't think any of them had the capability of blowing up thousands of people in one go.

I had a Muslim friend (from Palestine) who had lived in

Jun 12, 2016, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Even a cursory understanding of Islam reveals coupla things: ]

Saudi Arabia. He said they didn't lock up the shopping malls there at night, because nobody stole. If they did, they got their hands chopped off.

- H. L. Mencken

Whether it is or not, the tragic absurdity is how political

Jun 12, 2016, 12:37 PM

correctness trumps (I know) honesty and is a major roadblock when it comes to protecting human lives.

I have known some Muslims who deplore the radical element that promotes terrorist activity. However, there is a mighty struggle within Islam, and a significant number of those on one side of that struggle are hell-bent on killing the infidel. Unfortunately for Islam, that means that Islam itself is a problem. To pretend otherwise, as many of our leaders and politicos are doing defies common sense, and is preposterous, foolish, and deadly.

- H. L. Mencken

Exactly. And France has finally acknowledged this fact.

Jun 12, 2016, 2:18 PM

They call it like it is. Of course it took terribly tragedies to get there, but at least they call it as it is.

And I am with you. I have several Muslim colleagues and I respect them as hard-working, sincere people. I do not believe they are terrorists or harbor any ill intent toward me. But many, many ARE terrorists and we need to call it what it is.

What specifically am I supposed to be convinced he's right

Jun 12, 2016, 12:51 PM

about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What specifically am I supposed to be convinced he's right

Jun 12, 2016, 1:12 PM

He's right about the U.S. having it head in the sand ... and maybe another dark, smelly place ... and not having a clue about how to deal with muslim terrorists, be they in the middle east or a sympathetic, home-grown type.

Do we have a clue how to deal with violence not committed

Jun 12, 2016, 2:08 PM

by Muslims? Muslim Terrorism is an issue, but is it a bigger issue that Americans killing Americans everyday?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Islam is a religion of peace.

Jun 12, 2016, 5:40 PM

Their problem is fairly common to most religions. Radical leaders gather followers and exert political pressure on their 'flock,' then lead them into horrible deeds. It's history.

Elijah Mohammad was Clay/Ali's mentor. I remember his name being mentioned often whey the Black Panthers made the news. EM proclaimed himself to be god's messenger putting himself equal with The Prophet which many traditional muslims considered heresy.

He believed that blacks were the original race and whites were created by scientific experiment after creation by a 'mad scientist,' named Yakub. Basically, he was a nucking fut. I put his particular sect of Islam in the same category as the nut cases in Westborough Baptist, those who shoot into gay bars and ram jets into buildings filled with civilians.

So no, I have no more respect for Clay than any member of Westborough Baptist. One is not worse than the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 398
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic