Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everyone how was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 721

Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Nov 30, 2020, 8:15 AM

Mine is still going on, so i'm going back to sleep

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good but tiring

Nov 30, 2020, 8:18 AM

Started on Wednesday, Spent all day fighting the hog pit. Ran out of wood. Had to finish the food on the grill.

Thursday: Pretty good, small Thanksgiving. Just people we have already been around. If they have COVID then we have it. Getting together for Thanksgiving wouldn't change that.

Friday: Working around the house, getting ready for camping on Saturday.

Saturday: Took the family camping with the pack I bought the wife for Christmas. It went surprisingly well. Had a fun time with the exception of sleeping on the ground. That sucked.

Sunday: Lazy day after coming back from camping. Forgot how amazing my bed feels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Welp, the Tigers won & the coots lost but I didn't die.

Nov 30, 2020, 8:21 AM

Thursday - BIL smoked a turkey as we dramatically broke Roy Cooper's EO on gatherings and masks.

Friday - Began the removal of wet leaves at manoir de montagne de Wilbur. Did get some football viewing in

Sattidy - Finished leaf removal, watched Clemson win in a Ron Cherry-esque officiated game

Sunday - Drove back to the lake.

9/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Still happening

Nov 30, 2020, 8:23 AM

now with friends, back with family on Tuesday.

Lots of fishing, lots of boating, lots of booze, lots of fun.

10/10 so far. Rained all Friday and some Saturday on the boat, which was fun.

Family time was awesome as well last week, too much to type. They are with Grandma and Grandpa over in St Pete Beach. Meeting back up tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best in a long time

Nov 30, 2020, 8:28 AM

thanks for asking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that great

Nov 30, 2020, 8:30 AM

But I can't complain.

Laid Mawmaw to rest yesterday. I know she's with her Lord.

Had Thanksgiving, but it wasn't the same.

Back at it this week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird Thanksgiving, but good considering.

Nov 30, 2020, 8:35 AM

Thursday, we grilled steaks with Mom & Sis. Our typical trip to Hickory, NC got canceled so we did that instead of trying to cook a feast for four of us. Joonyer and his fiance were told they were exposed so stayed home, only to find out the message they got was poorly worded and they probably didn't need to quarantine (way too convoluted to bother explaining).

Friday, did little that was memorable, but I bet a played the bass for a total of 5 or 6 hours over the course of the day so....great day.

Saturday, watched the ENTIRE Vandy game just to see a girl pooch kick the ball one time. Was pulling hard for a field goal or extra point, but Vandy looked like a Junior High B team against Missouri. Then flipped to Clemson and watched the Tigers play three fantastic quarters of football. Then made pizzas and watched the LOLUTZ of the coots. Had Joonyers two dogs along with my pup and the cat, so basically football and pets all day.

Sunday, grocery run amongst York County's great unwashed, then off to MEDIUM volume acoustic jam. Had a blast, then home to eat and watch two hour season finale of the new Walking Dead show since I was invested. Hoped it would get better as the season went on, but it's not long for cancellation in my opinion.

18.5/19 Covids, too much boring time over the long weekend but did watch two great documentaries on Netflix I'll recommend...Keith Richards Under The Influence and Bob Dylan Rolling Thunder Review. Both were excellent.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazebawls!

Nov 30, 2020, 8:36 AM

Fri: pharted around, bought all the stuff to make gumbo, ate Tgiving leftovers, watched ND/UNC crapfest
Sat: started the roux for gumbo around 7am, set up driveway tailgate, finished gumbo and served to the driveway patrons at 1:00. Boozing along the way. Ate well, put food away and left for game at 2:30. Very nice afternoon, hayelluva Q1, but no one could score in the jinxed west endzone cept ETN, who is used to all that voodoo chit from his Looseyanna times. Crashed when got home after game..
Sun: Ate mo gumbo. Dug up from the back 40 and replanted a pine tree and a Magnolia. Grazed more lazily after that...
9.6317/10

Fair to meh.

Nov 30, 2020, 8:46 AM

Thursday: bird turned out pretty good. Injected with butter/white wine/lemon juice, rubbed with BBQ seasoning, and went lighter on the smoke than I usually do. Only had 4 adults for an 18 lb bird, so lots of leftovers. Sides were all really good, too--ordered them from a local chef who closed her restaurant and has been doing catering out of her house.

Friday: don't 'member.

Saturday: watched feetball, tinkered with buddy's new Oklahoma Joe barrel smoker. That thing seems pretty nifty so far. He did some pretty damn good ribs and a few chicken quarters for his first smoke. Disappointed that Clemson could only muster 3 lousy interceptions in the 1st quarter. We have to tighten that shit up for the Championship Phase.

Sunday: made sweet tater hash for breakfast, and made turkey soup with leftovers in the afternoon.

7.2/10 because 4 or 5 days of weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty dang good....

Nov 30, 2020, 9:07 AM

Went to Aiken for Thanksgiving with my Mom. Decent time...kids showed their arses, but that's typical these days. Decorated for Christmas with (meaning "for") my Mom. She refuses to scale-down the decorations, but is not capable of putting most of it up...so that's fun.

Came back to Anderson on Friday night.

Took son-of to game on Saturday. Was really weird/surreal with so few people there. Made it from my house in Anderson to Heisman lot in under 30 minutes. I had heard traffic was a non-issue, but I didn't really believe it. Parked next to a family that was there for Nolan Turner for Senior Day. Guy was Nolan's Dad's best friend from Philly and fill-in Dad for Nolan now. Says Nolan is hoping to be drafted. If not looking like will be drafted will probably come back for another year. First time in the UDP section in a while and I liked it. TDT row K...like watching the game from up there. Was fun seeing a beat-down. Game lasted forever.

Sunday...not much. Made some kick-arse Pasta e fagioli for dinner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####### head official couldnt make a decision to save his

Nov 30, 2020, 9:10 AM

Life....Bet there was 40 minutes of timeouts due to his ineptness...

He doesn't get to decide what is reviewable...

Nov 30, 2020, 9:15 AM

the replay official may have been drunk. They reviewed a lot of plays that didn't need it and didn't review some plays that clearly needed another look.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's not be so hard on LL Cool J.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to ####### head official couldnt make a decision to save his ]

He's rapper and actor, not a trained football referee, and I'm sure he did his best.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CSRA in da house! Ungh.***

Nov 30, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Pretty dang good.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prettty, prettttaaay, prettttaaaaaaayyy good

Nov 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

Wednesday - milled around bought food, drank. Spatchcocked and dry brined the bird.

Thursday - throw the turkey on about 10AM, smoked until 165 F, while it rested I made gravy from the pan drippings, cooked some sweet taters. Ate some delicious turkey. Actually fell asleep for a Thanksgiving snooze (porbably a combo of the turkey and the Cowboys.)

Friday - don't even recall

Saturday - make a glorious turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce, pepper, smoked turkey and Zatarain's spicy mustard. Watched Leeds who is all go all the time, Clemson win, UofSC lose and slept.

Sunday - up early, watched church, watched Chelsea and some NFL team out of Las Vegas. Cooked hibachi on the 'Stone, and to bed, dreamt about LOUD rock 'n roll.

And here we are

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent. Thanks for asking.

Nov 30, 2020, 9:21 AM

Friday- Seems like a lifetime ago. (So nothing memorable.)

Saturday- Zoomed my life away before, during, and after the game with “socially distanced” functions.

Sunday- Chilled with the fam in the morning and then I made the most epically poor decision of my entire weekend. Cut up a delicious cantaloupe. The kids only had a couple slices. Then I proceeded to eat the rest of it by myself. Cantaloupe hit me hard! I’m pretty sure I could go for a colonoscopy this morning and would be just fine.

How is it over already?

Nov 30, 2020, 9:22 AM

Thursday: Great Thanksgiving with family in TN. Spent the full week there starting the previous Friday, played lots of board games and card games, set up their new mesh network, and played IT Guy for a bit. Thanksgiving was delicious, and I beat my brother-in-law in Terraforming Mars.

Friday: Hung out with family in the morning, then drove back home, got in around 11pm, then watched Mandalorian - learned Baby Yoda's name, still going to call him Baby Yoda.

Saturday: Finished moving gravel so it's out of our driveway, next step will be ordering 5 cubic yards of 5-7" river rock, moved some dirt around too. Watched Clemson destroy Pitt, then procrastinated doing any housework. Krzywife and I got ramen and watched Blacklist.

Sunday: Finally slept in a bit, worked on Shuri-proofing the fence, krzywife left for a trip. I went to the store and bought a lot for meal prepping for the week, then wound up eating snack foods and not cooking. Drank a bottle of wine and have a headache this morning.

But overall a solid weekend. Lots of work to do, which I'm procrastinating now by writing this post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Grogu in da house! Yes still Baby Yoda to APM as well.***

Nov 30, 2020, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent. Son's new bike came in Wed (ordered in August) so

Nov 30, 2020, 9:37 AM

we picked that up with 5 minutes to spare before they closed and hit some trails, it was dark so only lit trails. Up Thursday for a nice "Virtual" Turkey Trot. Problem is, wife fell on Monday and possibly broke elbow, so she is running slower. I am uber competitive but wanted to make sure she was fine running with possibly broken elbow* and so I ran the slowest 5k of my life.

*Seen doctor twice already, too much fluid to determine if broken, said treat it as broken and come back in 2 weeks

11:00 Thanksgiving dinner pickup at Flipside, we pulled up at 12:15 (women be late). Lunch with wife and kids only, fantastic. Wife's sister was coming over since everyone else was scared of COVID (which makes perfect sense) so we did smores around the fire pit. Wife's entire family ended up coming over because reasons that make no sense. Got a little drunk, but had to get house decorated that night because broken elbow wife demands those things.

Up Saturday and headed to USNWC to test out kids' bikes on better trails. All trails open when I checked, closed by the time we got there. Only the All-Weather trail was open (which was the trail we would do anyway) but it was a little crowded. Not bad though, kids really enjoyed it.

Saturday up for another run, then back home to see brother and mother, distanced of course, before the Clemson game at 330. They are supposed to be there at 2:00. They pulled up at 3:20. So I missed the first half, watched the second half which was meh and then cleaned the house.

Sunday church, then lunch, then I coached the first 10U co-ed basketball practice.

+some for long weekend
-some for wife's broken elbow
+some for that not completely incapacitating her (she is really tough as shit)
-some for kids being GD Maniacs.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snapped my elbow off about 20 years ago

Nov 30, 2020, 9:58 AM

I knew it was broken - after I fell and regained my composure, I walked to the door to sit down, I could not open the door, meaning my arm did not twist. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So she can do almost everything...almost. I'm not getting

Nov 30, 2020, 10:07 AM

any lefty handys, but she is pretty good to go. Fell on it while running and the doc said if it is broken, they really cannot do much for it, so it is kinda just gotta heal. She is more pissed than hurt, but we are trying to make sure she doesn't do anything to hurt it worse. She can move it all different ways, no real problems there. It could be MUCH more problematic.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While on a run on AI, I found a

Nov 30, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Decent. Son's new bike came in Wed (ordered in August) so ]

Trek Precaliber 2.0. It was brand spanking new. Flat tire and the chain was off.

I pulled it out of the woods and placed it on the path. Left it there for two days, no one grabbed it. I couldn't fit it into the car when leaving, so I took it down to the Boys and Girls Club of Nassau County.

$369 bike just laying in the woods. Crazy. I think it probably bounced off of someone's car and they never knew until they got home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooked a Honey Glazed Cantonese Turkey with all the fixins.

Nov 30, 2020, 9:37 AM

Made numerous pies as well as a chocolate ganache pecan piecaken. Ate numerous Thanksgiving dinners and 3-4 slices of pie/piecaken daily. Gained 6 lbs. Ran 20 miles pie fueled miles yesterday morning.

Son of effed up his ankle and broke his fibula at wrestling practice Tuesday evening. It's a shame because the coach says he's a prodigy and would have been one of their key varsity contributors this season. Coach also said it's the first time he's ever considered a freshman as a team captain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also cooked potatoes with leaks in the roasting pan under

Nov 30, 2020, 9:41 AM

the turkey. Mashed them up into the best #### potatoes I've ever eaten.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent. Highly sentimental.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:08 AM

APM seldom gets serious up in here as APM sees Le Lunge as a place for his alter ego, which he can't express most of the time.

That said, being the real me, it was an excellent long weekend. Really could not have had better unless there was no COVID and Diddy PAW was still alive. Among the many highlights:

1) lil'APM was home from college and we had the whole family in the house for the first time since August.

2) we had a great Thanksgiving Day. All the things I love about my favorite holiday, we did it. Awesome meal, great weather, fall colors, watched the parade on TV, watched some of the dog show, watched the Detroit Lions, played football and futbol in the park during a family walk.

3) got a jump on Christmas decorating and have the beginnings of going full Griswold at Casa APM.

4) The Tigers on satdee. So ####### good for several reasons. First, it was great to see an almost full-strength Tiger squad back at it. Lord TLaw is a great QB. Second, toward the end of his life, the game that Diddy Paw and lil'APM usually attended was, as we called it, the purple game. So the late November all purple military appreciation game has sentimental meaning for me and lil'APM.

5) LFC and F1 on a weekend for the first time in a while. Even watched some THFC with lil'APM.

6) I had my first 4-day stretch of time off for the first time since 2019. This was WAY overdue and much needed. Can't wait to take more time off at Christmas.

Anyhow, it was an excellent weekend.

Re: Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Nov 30, 2020, 10:12 AM

Since it was a long 6 day weekend for me, I will say it was the best weekend of my life. I hung out with my brother for the first time in ten years. He is so great. I loved it.

good and bad...definitely won't forget it

Nov 30, 2020, 10:56 AM

grandpa finally let himself go, which is good considering how we was those last few days. kind of threw a wrench into the whole Thanksgiving holiday, but it is what it is I guess

spent the last week+ trying to help mom who was in hospice 16+ hrs a day.

spent thanksgiving w/ dad which was a good temporary relief. absolutely crushed the fried turkey.

drove home Friday morning and been trying to relax / recharge since. feels good to be home and glad grandpa is in a better place. #### alzheimer's...that's #3 for me in the past 4 years

got a pretty wild december so looking forward to getting back in the groove

Great!!!

Nov 30, 2020, 12:27 PM

Friday: Off. Hunted, planted Sawtooth Oaks, bush hogged, planted last food plot for year, hunted.

Saturday: Worked a few hours. Went to get Christmas and put in house. Went to Lowe's. Watched Clemson kick tail.

Sunday: Worked a few and ate dinner with mom. Picked up son, threw football, put up some decorations, watched very little football, cooked, started putting puzzle together, read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 721
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic