Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after..

May 18, 2019, 8:37 AM

they’d already had their opportunity to beat the #1 Team (Bama) AND win the SEC Championship..and they DIDN’T do either!

And sitting there was his own OHst Buckeyes with only 1 loss (bad one to Purdue) but BiG10 Conference Champs!

Geez, and he even got Finebaum & others to come around to this thought & idea!

Well, guess the (3rd) loss to Texas shut uP that stupidity!

Still, Herbstret being one of the most sensible people in college sports and a Man who’s allowing his twin Sons to play for Clemson, should have known better!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because E$ecPN pays his salary...

May 18, 2019, 8:44 AM

Thankfully the selection committee was immune to their bull$#!7 $EC homerism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after..

May 18, 2019, 8:46 AM

Just shows you how much the nation thought of Alabama before we crushed them in the Natty.

He was basically saying the loss to the Tide was acceptable because they were so close to beating that "Great" team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This, they thought Bama was best ever lol***

May 18, 2019, 9:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after..

May 18, 2019, 8:49 AM

He wanted to watch us beat the brakes off UGA and Bama.

Didn’t want to see the OSU get embarrassed. Makes perfect sense. ??

Sometimes I think they draw straws prior to the broadcast

May 18, 2019, 9:20 AM

to determine who is going to take what position. They always seem to have every option covered during their broadcast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes I think they draw straws prior to the broadcast

May 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

Really. All except that one idiot who’s name escapes me that forgot coach Scott’s name. He is always subjectively opportunistic when spinning his narrative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes I think they draw straws prior to the broadcast

May 18, 2019, 10:19 AM

Make no mistake they take sides in a measured kind of way ... it's all about the money.

I bet he wishes he could take it back.

May 18, 2019, 9:26 AM

His credibility really took a hit on that one. Especially after the loss to Texas in the bowl game. He'll catch h3ll if a similar scenario ever occurs and he'll be reminded constantly about the time he spewed that utter nonsense.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 9:43 AM

Not only stay in the CFP but move UP in ranking! This was clearly a "we shouldn't have them play Bama twice in a row" move but to sit there and lie to our face about your intentions is disappointing. I was extremely happy that Texas kicked their ###. If UGA had won it would have been like listening to UCF the year prior and how they were "robbed".

UGA beat 2 of the 5 ranked teams they played, they were not that good. I still don't see why they think they will be so good next year. What is going to make them so much better???

May 18, 2019, 10:46 AM

Justin Fields' departure makes them better.

I was all over this one. (pats self on back)

May 18, 2019, 9:45 AM

Before the playoffs started....

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Herbie-has-lost-his-mind-If-UGA-moved-up-24609631

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Here-is-the-biggest-problem-with-Herbies-logic-1860973

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/UGA-Oklahoma-debate-only-exists-because-of-SEC-bias-1862119

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 10:17 AM

LBB, In the end I agree with you because the way we lost to LSU was not pretty ... but it's his job, means money to him ... that's what he's paid for. With that being said they didn't deserve to go into the playoffs solely because of the LSU loss.

The LSU loss was not as bad as the bowl game ... what a horrible way to end an otherwise good season.

May 18, 2019, 10:18 AM

You will always get conflicting stories from ESPN ... they have to make everyone happy.

I misread your post and thought you were talking about Kirby ... lol

More coffee, please.

May 18, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after.. ]

The optimal ending would have been if both teams had lost if Im being honest.

That said, it wouldn’t have mattered. We would have kicked dawgs all over the field too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after.. ]

How do you figure the LSU loss wasn't as bad as the Texas loss? The loss at LSU, and the way the Dawgs lost, likely kept them out of the playoffs. The Texas loss was frustrating but really doesn't matter much.

May 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

AFDAWG said:

How do you figure the LSU loss wasn't as bad as the Texas loss? The loss at LSU, and the way the Dawgs lost, likely kept them out of the playoffs. The Texas loss was frustrating but really doesn't matter much.

The Texas loss was revealing. Ga played 5 ranked games and lost 3 of them.

The Bama loss was revealing. Bama was vastly over rated all year.

The last 46 times SEC teams have played ACC teams the SEC lost 23 times. That is revealing.

Over the last 5 years when playing other Power 5 league teams the SEC is barely above .500. The Big 10 has a better record vs Power 5 leagues than the SEC. That is revealing.

Herbie plays the role he is assigned to play just like all the other talking heads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 12:48 PM

The Texas loss was disappointing but we'll disagree that it revealed anything. No argument with your point about Bama. If the SEC has lost 23 of the last 46 games with the ACC doesn't that mean the SEC has won 23? How is that revealing when every other fan base rails about how overrated the SEC is?

May 18, 2019, 12:55 PM

ACC-SEC are both 23-23...it's revealing because it tells us that the SEC is not better than the ACC and the ACC is no better than the SEC. However, 15-0 Clemson who happens to be in the ACC is better than everyone regardless of conference. Comments bout the SEC being overrated are simply to counter the nonsensical spewing that the "SEC is the BEST conference" especially given the eSECpn network continues to spew this nonsense. Right now the SEC is owned by Bama, the ACC is owned by Clemson and Bama is owned by Clemson. UGAy is clearly in second place behind Bama.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Er ..... AF ..... I think the Texas loss revealed ......

May 21, 2019, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after.. ]

.... that Texas was the better team.... That wasn't a fluke last second win ..... hth -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Basing everything on losing to another team is insane.

May 18, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Still confused why Herbie kept PUSHING for a 2 loss UGa Team into CFP, after.. ]

Thankfully reality stepped in and proved that to be the case.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 11:47 AM

Sometimes Herbstreit is on the money. I like the way he speaks his mind.

However, he was dead wrong on UGA. The LSU loss was terrible. Makes me wonder if he watched it. They clearly didn't deserve to get in even after playing Alabama close.

May 18, 2019, 12:21 PM

I think ESPN threatened him and told him to say this crap. Guess they reminded him that the SEC was still his boss.......Go Tigers!!!!

You know lightbulb bills comments just by the subject

May 18, 2019, 2:16 PM

Like clockwork

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 2:45 PM

It's his job to keep as many fan bases engaged for as long as possible. It's good for business and his wallet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

May 18, 2019, 7:15 PM

All Clemson wins count for Bama as well...Bama Coach, with Bama recruit at WR stealing the show.

May 18, 2019, 7:21 PM

All that talk on social media by UGA players about how the committee got it wrong, and then Texas beat the brakes off of them...sad!!!

The only thing that makes sense is that he had put

May 18, 2019, 9:43 PM

some dough on them preseason to be in the playoffs.

May 18, 2019, 10:03 PM

Err body makes mistakes. Box checked for Herbie. We like you, but see it doesn’t happen again.

Yup, still disagree with him big time on that one.***

May 21, 2019, 6:50 AM

May 21, 2019, 6:54 AM

He goes by the theory that the 4 best teams should be there even if 2 of the teams have played eachother.

He wanted to see Clemson vs UGA in the championship

May 21, 2019, 8:43 AM

Usually the rubber match goes to the team who lost the first time. And either way it would be a good game. But everyone knew Oklahoma didn't have a chance so why have them in it.

This is my story, and I'm sticking to it...

May 21, 2019, 8:52 AM

I believe ESPN wants the playoffs expanded--more games, more money. The UGA situation was a way of pushing it. They knew the rabid and desperate dawgs (and others who were left out) would take the ball and run with it even more if a respected commentator backed the agenda.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic