Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Jesus plus nothin....it’s a powerful thing”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

“Jesus plus nothin....it’s a powerful thing”

Feb 7, 2020, 12:46 AM

The Family that runs the National Prayer Breakfast sounds like a bunch of dang mafiosos dressed up in quasi-religious dogma. Incredible how these people can run amok.

https://youtu.be/7knN2TXQPzw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want to have JOY in life...

Feb 7, 2020, 1:52 AM

Just make sure there’s nothing (O) between Jesus (J) and you (Y).....

equals.... J O Y!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get 6 matching numbers in the powerball?***

Feb 7, 2020, 9:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh my!!!

Feb 7, 2020, 2:43 AM

Netflix is going to bring down the Illuminati

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus loves you.***

Feb 7, 2020, 7:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

admit it....

Feb 7, 2020, 7:36 AM

You looked in the mirror and gave dual finger guns to yourself after writing “quasi-religious dogma”, didn’t you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and then spoke at The Family in my best Clint Eastwood

Feb 7, 2020, 7:59 AM

"I don't think it's nice, you laughing. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. ..."

Still being into this conspiracy theory is amazing to me

Feb 7, 2020, 1:50 PM

It was dumb when the book came out and people were claiming GW Bush was going to usher in a new theocracy, and it's even dumber now after 8 years of Obama and Trump being elected.

The amount of partisan hatred and anti-Christian bigotry it must take to give this any credence is impressive. Unfortunately, the people who promote this stuff count on most people being ignorant of what goes on in Washington, which makes it easier for them to peddle incredibly dumb stuff like this. It worked for the Pizzagate people, too, except we have to pretend that left-wing conspiracy theories are somehow more reputable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still being into this conspiracy theory is amazing to me

Feb 7, 2020, 3:00 PM

Netflix got it from this guy

Feb 7, 2020, 5:10 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Secret-Fundamentalism-Heart-American/dp/0060560053

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Fundamentalist-Threat-American-Democracy/dp/0316091073

If you knew anything about C Street, the whole idea that it's a "Fundamentalist Threat to AMERICA[!!]" is hilarious. It's group house that Congressmen rent while they're in DC where they have Bible study and keep each other accountable. It should be commended, but because it's conservative Christians I guess it has to be bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how is it partisan?

Feb 7, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Still being into this conspiracy theory is amazing to me ]

they show Clinton in there getting his head rubbed by Coe. So it seems to be bilateral influence peddling. They are trying to secretly sidle up to the bar to rub elbows with Washington's elite players.

For all we know, they could be running a child sex trafficking ring on their behalf, lol. Probably got huge tunnels under the Cedars where they have kids locked up in cages, forcing them to watch Jimmy Swaggart re-runs day and night before their dates down on C-Street.

Honest to god, you have to laugh at how easy it is to twist stories into narratives that will get repeated over and over in website forums. Even in the face of contrary evidence about how nice these people probably are, there is an overwhelming human tendency to believe what you want to believe.

Re: Still being into this conspiracy theory is amazing to me

Feb 8, 2020, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Still being into this conspiracy theory is amazing to me ]

It's not anti-Christian bigotry at all. It's merely the recognition that politicians have courted the religious for their votes. The "we're a Christian country" mantra is still heard among the electorate. Why do you think they speak at Liberty University? No, it's not anti-christian anything, it's merely the illumination of how powerful the christian voting block has been and still is. It's been intermeshed with politics for years. These days the Evangelicals are organized, determined, well funded and in my view equals one of the most powerful lobbies in the country.

And I'm a believer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just spent about 4 hours watching the series

Feb 8, 2020, 12:06 AM

Same doctrine as the divine right of kings

Feb 8, 2020, 11:39 AM

There is nothing unique here, just another cult hierarchy with trappings of old European-style divine authority. Currently, The Donald would be "the chosen" godhead figure. I'm sure he is good with that idea, lol. I'm not sure if they will revisit that at some point, based on his recent comments about using faith as a crutch.

The message I got from the first episode is that it is really not any different than the Church of Scientology or Masonic tradition. They present very little factual evidence of direct influence over the government, and that is what troubled me about the production. Seems like they may only be influential because they are adjacent.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic